Need your help about something not involving thongs, pee in the pool or lobster ...

Our cruise on Mariner was so wonderful (Mariner Review -- May 4-11 for reference) we've decided to go cruising again.

Sadly though, the Mariner is floating off to L.A. so with our travel agent's help we've decided to go with Independence, Freedom or Liberty.

Here's where you come in. I need your most passionate and deeply felt arguments in favour of your favourite of the three to help me decide which to take. I know they're all similar but there must be some reasons to consider one over the other.

Nothing is too stupid or miniscule. If there's something about one that made it special, please jot it down (especially those of you who've been on more than one).

C'mon. Gimme something. Anything.

i would select by itinerary or price because they are the same ships. the only difference that would maybe help me make my decision is independence is the newest so i would want to take the newest ship if possible.

Depending on when you are cruising again, the ships will be all leaving from different ports. Freedom moves to Pt. Canaveral next summer. Liberty from Miami and Independence from FLL. The itineraries are not that huge of a difference and either are the ships.

I am sorry to tell you in advance that this is not an answer to your question (no jabs, please) but we would never select a cruise based on the ship. We almost always select the crusie based on destination. Of course, that is only a personal choice.

Have fun no matter how you choose to travel. All cruises are great.

Living near Pt Canaveral, and having been on Mariner 4 x so far, my answer would be Freedom. I don't care if I do Eastern or Western. Part of my vacation is the ship, so going to ports I have been before may help me enjoy the ship while others are out and about.

We do go to the port and stay overnight the night before the cruise so we feel like our vacation starts a day early. It is so easy to sail from Pt Canaveral especially when comparing it to Miami or Ft Lauderdale. JMO.

Haven't been on the other two but I can tell you the entertainment on the Freedom (which we cruised on last year) will knock your socks off. Even the non-production shows would be "production" on the other ships we have been on.

Tucker in Texas (30 plus cruises)

Archived