Cab Fare From Airport in Fort Lauderdale To Ship

geocruiser

Hi,

We are sailing on Noordam on1/13/09. My sister-in-law and my beautiful grand niece will be fly in for this cruise. I want to get them HAL transfers. But she thinks she wants to take a cab. I don't want to have to worry about then getting to the ship.

So what is the cost of a taxi and are they easy to get one?

Thank you,

Maria

Not to worry in Ft. Lauderdale, plenty of cabs available and alot cheaper than the HAL transfers. The airport is not far from Port Everglades, she'll be fine. Not sure what the fare is now, but 2 years ago I think I paid $15, including the tip.

We always take a taxi and I think another benefit of a taxi would be that you don't have to wait on the bus for everyone they are picking up. A taxi is less expensive and possibly a bit quicker. I cruised with my great niece when she was just 2 and had a fabulous time. Have fun!!!! Cherie

You paid $21 for a taxi from Port Everglades to FLL Airport?

Wow, the price has risen since December. We'll find out soon as we will be taking a taxi from the airport to our hotel which is near Port Everglades.

In March there was also the Ambassador Taxi service at the airport - great town cars and they have the same rates as the regular taxis. We used them.

Are they at the pier on debarcation also? We will only be there at that time and are not booking air through HAL.

Thanks for any respones :) .

Are they at the pier on debarcation also? We will only be there at that time and are not booking air through HAL.

Thanks for any respones :) .

Cabs will be lined up and waiting for passengers once you get off the ship. I don't know about town cars, but there were a lot of cabs.

We had a porter help us with our luggage and he took us directly to a cab. It was very quick and easy and we were at the airport in no time.

For the OP, I'd grab a cab at the airport for the trip to the port. :)

Thanks to all.

I will tell them to get a cab. They will get there faster and cheaper from what I read here.

cccole,

That had to be fun when you traveled with your grand niece.

I am looking forward to traveling with my grand niece. She is a lovely young lady of 21 years. People never thing that I am her great aunt because I am 55 .years old.

I just hope that there may be another young person on board.

Geo

we paid between $13-$14 on April 27. John did give a good tip added on because of the hassle the driver went through at the ship. Things were running late due to all the world cruisers debarking. It was a quick trip and very easy job to find a cab. A good port to take a cruise from.:)

That's about what we are used to paying. Porter always helps us with our bags in the terminal and wheels it out to a taxi. We have never had any problem getting a taxi right away and the porter and driver load our luggage quickly. We have never paid more than $15 at the most plus tip.

Archived