How Do You Know If Your Cruise Has Been Made Into An Immersion Cruise?

Call RCCL. It shows on their screen for the description of the cruise. I was talking to a nice C&A rep who was surprised to see it, too, when I asked about one. But, it was there on his screen.

Call RCCL. It shows on their screen for the description of the cruise. I was talking to a nice C&A rep who was surprised to see it, too, when I asked about one. But, it was there on his screen.

Just looking at the website...I know for a fact that my cruise is an Asian immersion, as we were contacted by RCI and our TA, yet I see nothing to the fact on the website by way of information on our cruise, date or itinerary...:confused:

It must show on the Custoner Service version...:(

If your ship leaves out of a foreign port such as England, Asia, Greece, Bangkok, etc. etc., it WILL BE an immersion cruise. In other words, what they are doing is that the MAJORITY of the cruisers will be from that area - so what they will be during is gearing the food, entertainment, language, etc., towards that culture.

Hope this helps.

If your ship leaves out of a foreign port such as England, Asia, Greece, Bangkok, etc. etc., it WILL BE an immersion cruise. In other words, what they are doing is that the MAJORITY of the cruisers will be from that area - so what they will be during is gearing the food, entertainment, language, etc., towards that culture.

Hope this helps.

AOS for us is leaving out of San Juan--does that mean a Spanish Immersion or still American Immersion? Not that it matters I think I understand it to be the Immersion food, etc + regular ship board things as per normal? or is that wrong?

We received call last nite that our Asian Cruise will be an immersion cruise.

Now we're not sure what we want to do. Is anyone going on the 2-01-09

Legend of the Seas Cruise? We would like to talk to anyone who is still going.

We received call last nite that our Asian Cruise will be an immersion cruise.

Now we're not sure what we want to do. Is anyone going on the 2-01-09

Legend of the Seas Cruise? We would like to talk to anyone who is still going.

We backed out of our Legend of the Seas cruise becaused we were concerned that it would be an immersion cruise.

Rick

AOS for us is leaving out of San Juan--does that mean a Spanish Immersion or still American Immersion? Not that it matters I think I understand it to be the Immersion food, etc + regular ship board things as per normal? or is that wrong?

If the ship does not sell out, then unbooked cabins will be released to the PR Travel Agents for bookings.

So yes, you could have a large number of PRs on board.

After cruising a number of years I'm just now learning of immersion cruises thanks to this board. I guess it all makes sense, but I would sure want the cruise line to be very specific about it when I booked. Wouldn't be much fun if you didn't know the language and the cruise was themed around it with entertainment and announcements.

Hope this helps.

That statement is not correct.

Please check with the C&A desk for correct information.

If anyone wants to challenge me on this............Call C&A

If the ship does not sell out, then unbooked cabins will be released to the PR Travel Agents for bookings.

So yes, you could have a large number of PRs on board.

If a cruise leaves out of San Juan it will not be a Spanish Immersion cruise. For it to be a Spanish Immersion cruise it would have to leave from Spain. Any cruise leaving from San Juan would by nature have to be a American Immersion, as San Juan is a city in Puerto Rico. every citizen of Puerto Rico is a United States citizen.

LOL...Thanks TahoeBob. I was in the process of explaining the exact same thing on here. I'm of Puerto Rican descent, born here in Ct, but have lived there. My parents are directly from the island.

The cruise is still a good ol' American cruise if it leaves PR. We are all Americans too, funny how many people don't realize this ;)

We just booked Independence which we found out after booking will be a British Immersion cruise. We still haven't made up our mind whether we'll be keeping the cruise or canceling. We've sailed on several cruises from the various ports Southampton, Dover, Harwich and those cruises have been mostly British which we had no problem with. We enjoy the British people and don't mind the influence of British food, entertainment, etc.....as the language is still English but I'm presently waiting to see what type of currency they will be using for on board accounts. We've gotten mixed replies when calling RCCL. Some representatives said US Currency others told us Euro so guess we'll have to wait for some fellow cruisers to tell us for certain. With our weak dollar we didn't want to have to exchange our money into Euros again next year as I'm sure it will be even higher and it can and did this year add up so several hundred different.

I just think RCCL could have handled it in a better manner and made the public aware when itineraries first came out. Some passengers purchase air as soon as it becomes available and even if they wish to change or cancel the cruise they wouldn't get there money back for their air arrangements and travel insurance I don't think would cover this. Sort of like purchasing a concert ticket and then finding out once you got there the organizers decided to put on another performer. For us it isn't a problem since ours is British Immersion but personally as much as I like meeting new people and experiencing different cultures I wouldn't want to have the language, food, entertainment etc... totally geared towards it.

If your ship leaves out of a foreign port such as England, Asia, Greece, Bangkok, etc. etc., it WILL BE an immersion cruise. In other words, what they are doing is that the MAJORITY of the cruisers will be from that area

Hey you forgot to include American ports - so us UK'ers are stuck with grits/square potato things ( waffles lol ) - stupid theater shows lol

jj.....

Hey you forgot to include American ports - so us UK'ers are stuck with grits/square potato things ( waffles lol ) - stupid theater shows lol

jj.....

Do not forget the high fives, the my black cat is blacker than your black cat attitude, pancakes for breakfast, the wooo wooo during the entertainment etc --- LOL

It is not a perfect world but is this not why we travel?

Marc (from the UK)

If a cruise leaves out of San Juan it will not be a Spanish Immersion cruise. For it to be a Spanish Immersion cruise it would have to leave from Spain. Any cruise leaving from San Juan would by nature have to be a American Immersion, as San Juan is a city in Puerto Rico. every citizen of Puerto Rico is a United States citizen.

One would think, however several have reported the opposite, I guess it just depends on how many locals (San Juan) they have on board.

In fact a couple posters mentioned their experiences on the merged Immersion thread.

###

While it's true that it would not be a Spanish immersion cruise, the fact that Puerto Ricans are American citizens doesn't mean that it couldn't be an immersion cruise. Puerto Rico has a different predominant language and a distinct culture. As I understand it, the point of the immersion cruises is not to check citizenship, but to reflect the language and culture of the home port and the majority of the cruisers.

We just booked Independence which we found out after booking will be a British Immersion cruise. We still haven't made up our mind whether we'll be keeping the cruise or canceling. We've sailed on several cruises from the various ports Southampton, Dover, Harwich and those cruises have been mostly British which we had no problem with. We enjoy the British people and don't mind the influence of British food, entertainment, etc.....as the language is still English but I'm presently waiting to see what type of currency they will be using for on board accounts. We've gotten mixed replies when calling RCCL. Some representatives said US Currency others told us Euro so guess we'll have to wait for some fellow cruisers to tell us for certain. With our weak dollar we didn't want to have to exchange our money into Euros again next year as I'm sure it will be even higher and it can and did this year add up so several hundred differen

I just think RCCL could have handled it in a better manner and made the public aware when itineraries first came out. Some passengers purchase air as soon as it becomes available and even if they wish to change or cancel the cruise they wouldn't get there money back for their air arrangements and travel insurance I don't think would cover this. Sort of like purchasing a concert ticket and then finding out once you got there the organizers decided to put on another performer. For us it isn't a problem since ours is British Immersion but personally as much as I like meeting new people and experiencing different cultures I wouldn't want to have the language, food, entertainment etc... totally geared towards it.

Why would a ship sailing from England use Euros for the currency. Euros make absolutely no sense!! C&A reps aren't looking good here.

OK--I know that but didn't want to be "off" on the language..:eek: & I know PR is USA territory--but I know they mostly speak spanish (or would it be latin or something?)--just didn't want to make a mistake on it--but guess I have anyway..:eek: so I won't worry about the language--as alot will be english language...nor the food..sorry about asking..;)

While it's true that it would not be a Spanish immersion cruise, the fact that Puerto Ricans are American citizens doesn't mean that it couldn't be an immersion cruise. Puerto Rico has a different predominant language and a distinct culture. As I understand it, the point of the immersion cruises is not to check citizenship, but to reflect the language and culture of the home port and the majority of the cruisers.

Thanks that is just what I meant when writing..but didn't put it as nice as you did..THANKS again

Please check with the C&A desk for correct information.

Good luck on getting the correct answer. These are the same people that told a poster on another thread that his Baltic cruise would be an immersion and the main language would be Scandinavian. Must be a new language, specially concocted for immersion cruises. Duh!

They are also the same people that couldn't answer whether or not the specialty restaurants would be open or whether their menus would be changed.

I don't think RCI has really figured out the details, or if they have, they've failed to communicate them to their staff.

Why would a ship sailing from England use Euros for the currency. Euros make absolutely no sense!! C&A reps aren't looking good here.

Kathryn:

I totally agree and questioned that myself. Never really got a satisfactory answer when I asked them on the phone. You would figure if they changed the currency it would be to Pounds. Go figure.:confused: I'm through asking and calling as I get a different answer each time. I don't think the right hand knows what the left is doing at this point since everything is so new. We plan on waiting and reading some threads and will decide then. It's far enough off that we can switch ships and insurance if need be.

Archived