Credit Card refund

I Had a great time until I got home.

I had no problems with my bill as I walked off the boat, since its just what I spent $299.25.

I got home and I see -$937.78 taken out of my bank account

I sailed on 5/3/08

Its been a week and they agreed something has been charged on my account that was not mine (luckly i kept my bill) and agreed to refund to my account. They are draggin their feet or, hope I go away..not sure.

Could I get some advise from the community here, besides calling 1-800-256-6649

Personal note:

I was taken on this cruise by my mom since I cant afford something like this and I kept every expence to a minimum and now i'm late on paying bills etc because they messed up, and now draggin thier feet!.? Outrageous!:mad:

rccl.jpg

I Had a great time until I got home.

I had no problems with my bill as I walked off the boat, since its just what I spent $299.25.

I got home and I see -$937.78 taken out of my bank account

I sailed on 5/3/08

Its been a week and they agreed something has been charged on my account that was not mine (luckly i kept my bill) and agreed to refund to my account. They are draggin their feet or, hope I go away..not sure.

Could I get some advise from the community here, besides calling 1-800-256-6649

Personal note:

I was taken on this cruise by my mom since I cant afford something like this and I kept every expence to a minimum and now i'm late on paying bills etc because they messed up, and now draggin thier feet!.? Outrageous!:mad:

rccl.jpg

Did you put down that Debit Card for your onboard account?

Perhaps it's the "hold" they put on a debit card, and it will be released? Have you talked to your bank?

Yep talked to my bank.

yep thats the credit card/debit card i put down.

More to the story is that the day after the cruise I look at my bank account and see $500 on hold about to go through. I call up RC and they fax my bank and get the holds relesed and the day after that they charged the $-937

I´m not sure if I understand your post correct but if they agreed to refund the difference all should be sorted out:confused:

Thats what i figure but I cant get them to call me back. Its been a week now.

If this is a credit card (don't know about debit cards), simply call the credit card company and advise them that you dispute this amount. They will pull it out of your balance due and send you a questionaire follow-up. Then let the credit card company do the work. I have done this on probably 4-5 occasions in the past 10 years. Never a problem and always settled in my favor.

Thats what i figure but I cant get them to call me back. Its been a week now.

Have you asked the bank to put the charge into dispute? I know I had a company double charge me in error and I disputed the charge with my bank. While they were investigating the charge, the put the funds back into my account.

If this is a credit card (don't know about debit cards), simply call the credit card company and advise them that you dispute this amount. They will pull it out of your balance due and send you a questionaire follow-up. Then let the credit card company do the work. I have done this on probably 4-5 occasions in the past 10 years. Never a problem and always settled in my favor.

Happened to you on 4-5 occasions!

Okay I had gone down to the bank last week and had them cancel the card as i though someone stole it. they said that RC could add money to a canceled card so thats solved. I did start the process of dispute with the credit card company but put it on hold wendsday since RC said they would fix it. now I guess i better tell they I will take the dispute out of hold and continue on. I'm SO MAD! and SAD :(

my debit card showed a charge one time that i didn't feel was right, i called them and the bank simply put it back on my account while they researched what the charge was and whether it was a valid charge...it wasn't...in the meantime I got my money back while they did all the work to verify the charge.!

good luck!

Beverly

Happened to you on 4-5 occasions!

Okay I had gone down to the bank last week and had them cancel the card as i though someone stole it. they said that RC could add money to a canceled card so thats solved. I did start the process of dispute with the credit card company but put it on hold wendsday since RC said they would fix it. now I guess i better tell they I will take the dispute out of hold and continue on. I'm SO MAD! and SAD :(

I would think that two days is not much time to see the credit on your statement. Actually I wouldn´t be worried after two days and woudl give them about a week to post the refund.

This is one reason why I've decided to use our CREDIT card for our cruise, and NOT our debit card - scares me that so much cash could erroneously and/or fraudulently be drained from my checking account. Normally, we don't use credit cards, but in this case I'm using it and just paying it in full when I get home. PLUS, as 39august said, you're more protected and the credit card company handles any disputes.

jdfrye - I feel your pain and I truly hope you get this sorted out fast. Last year our mechanic accidentally charged my debit card $2280 for a $228 repair and it took me over a week to get that $$ back into my bank account -- put me into overdraft. We're definitely not rich and it was a big burden....I can relate. Best of luck to you.

This is one reason why I've decided to use our CREDIT card for our cruise, and NOT our debit card - scares me that so much cash could erroneously and/or fraudulently be drained from my checking account. Normally, we don't use credit cards, but in this case I'm using it and just paying it in full when I get home. PLUS, as 39august said, you're more protected and the credit card company handles any disputes.

jdfrye - I feel your pain and I truly hope you get this sorted out fast. Last year our mechanic accidentally charged my debit card $2280 for a $228 repair and it took me over a week to get that $$ back into my bank account -- put me into overdraft. We're definitely not rich and it was a big burden....I can relate. Best of luck to you.

I figured everyone on this board could afford the $600 loss but there IS someone out there like me :D J/K

Well i'm on the phone now getting the bank to continue with the Credit card dispute..forget RCCL, they just are a wolf in sheeps clothing

I figured everyone on this board could afford the $600 loss but there IS someone out there like me :D J/K

Well i'm on the phone now getting the bank to continue with the Credit card dispute..forget RCCL, they just are a wolf in sheeps clothing

I am getting really confused with this. Is this a debit card? Have you closed the bank account because you thought it was stolen or did you leave it open?

You bank should have reversed the charge and made your account whole while this is being worked out.

As far as your comments about RCL, which department are you dealing with? Have you asked to talk to the resolutions department? Have you asked to talk to a supervisor?

Yep - I'm like you. My DMIL paid for our June 21 Liberty cruise (4 weeks to go!), bless her sweet heart. We are paying for all of our tips, drinks, excursions, etc. (family of 5) so I can completely relate to your need to stay on budget;)! $600 is a big deal to me, especially since my oldest starts college in August!!

GOOD LUCK!

I am getting really confused with this. Is this a debit card?

This is a Credit card that is also a Debit card. I gave RC my Credit card number to use for my seapass

Have you closed the bank account because you thought it was stolen or did you leave it open?

my account is still open just the credit card number is frozen and they are issuing me a new card (the hassle with that is also crazy since how do you pay bills and shop with no debit carsd nowadays?)

You bank should have reversed the charge and made your account whole while this is being worked out.

Just talked to my bank and they credit my account the 30th while they dispute this wackyness

As far as your comments about RCL, which department are you dealing with? Have you asked to talk to the resolutions department? Have you asked to talk to a supervisor?

Well I always seemed I was dealing with someone that cared and was DOING something about it. Evidently not. Dont know what department I was talking to. Just a sheep in wolfs clothing

Just off the MA where I had a seapass bill of $17.74....( I won on the slots and paid it off with cash day before we got off the ship)......anyway,I come home and their is a pending transaction of $350 on my VISA............sure it came off the next day,but why did RCCL put that through in the first place???

Just off the MA where I had a seapass bill of $17.74....( I won on the slots and paid it off with cash day before we got off the ship)......anyway,I come home and their is a pending transaction of $350 on my VISA............sure it came off the next day,but why did RCCL put that through in the first place???

Kathy.........RC always does this.......at least to us:rolleyes: Every cruise I have taken with them when I get home there is always a hold by "Voyager of the Seas" or whatever ship we were on for at least 1 to two weeks. 2 cruises ago I called Rc on it and they took it off within a couple of days.....on our just completed b2b I didn't call them........but it slowly came off within a couple of weeks........I checked daily.

I can understand I guess a hold for additional charges for the morning of debarkation.......but they do this all the time.......at least they have to us.

they say that everytime you make a purchase they charge some stupid amount to MAKE SURE the money is there then they just say "nah we dont intend to collect on those charges, only on this amount" .

Thats my understanding

Thanks Jim..........guess that $350 was to cover the bars the last morning....:p never understood why they are open the morning of departure..:confused:

Me either:) You know the $500+ hold was actually four different holds in weird amounts........$40.17, 8.92 things like that......one was $350 as well. I checked my bill and had no charges that even matched up to what they were holding.........so who the heck knows:rolleyes:

they say that everytime you make a purchase they charge some stupid amount to MAKE SURE the money is there then they just say "nah we dont intend to collect on those charges, only on this amount" .

Thats my understanding

Maybe that explains the weird holds that were on my card:)

This is a Credit card that is also a Debit card. I gave RC my Credit card number to use for my seapass

my account is still open just the credit card number is frozen and they are issuing me a new card (the hassle with that is also crazy since how do you pay bills and shop with no debit carsd nowadays?)

Just talked to my bank and they credit my account the 30th while they dispute this wackyness

Well I always seemed I was dealing with someone that cared and was DOING something about it. Evidently not. Dont know what department I was talking to. Just a sheep in wolfs clothing

Well, I hope it all works out for you. I would look into a new bank when this is all settled. Having to wait until the 30th for them to put the disputed amount back into your account is ridiculous and they should have sent you a new card overnight.

First of all, it normally takes two weeks to get a refund for a deposit, so I wouldn't be surprised if it takes two weeks to filter through this refund, saying they're a wolf in sheep's clothing because you charged your sea pass to an account that you couldn't afford to have held up is a bit over the top. Had you checked on this web site and asked the question ahead of time, numerous people would have told you not to use a debit card. If you don't have a credit card, take $500 in cash and put it on your account. You don't have to give them a card, and if you hadn't, this wouldn't have been a problem.

It is a pre-authorized amount which always shows as pending.

It has something to do with authorization/processing of payments.

No payment without prior authorization.

In your case, your CC was pre-authorized for your SaPass bill (or close to it). Then you paid portions off with cash and RCI ran all the cc payments a day or so later.

It is a pre-authorized amount which always shows as pending.

It has something to do with authorization/processing of payments.

No payment without prior authorization.

In your case, your CC was pre-authorized for your SaPass bill (or close to it). Then you paid portions off with cash and RCI ran all the cc payments a day or so later.

My seapass bill prior to my winnings was over $700......but I understand about the holds..........

You sure are getting around tonite,dont ya??;)

Archived