Caribbean Weather

*CruiseFan*

I am posting for my husbands peace of mind. I should preface by saying he freaks out about this EVERY CRUISE, and drives me absolutely insane up until vacation, then pouts if there's one cloud in the sky.

Right now, accuweather is projecting a 60% chance of rain every day in every port. Can someone please confirm that seven to 10 days out from the cruise is still a little early to be freaking out about this number??

He asked me to post.

No worries....can't change the weather...

A lot of times there is a forecast for rain, but especially in the islands, it is brief usually. Even if it rains, go and have fun. There is plenty to do and it is highly doubtful that it would rain the WHOLE time...Conquest is awesome by the way and you are going to love it!!! :p

ps..I see it is your 1st anniversary cruise...I am sure if it is raining you guys will find something to do to occupy the time..*giggle*

I check the weather every time before I leave and it has almost always forcasted rain at all of my port, yet it has never rained more than a couple of sprinkles on any of my 4 cruises, all in the caribbean. I wouldn't sweat it;)

Thank you to both of you! I'm going to make him read your responses tonight :)

I love the Conquest! It's my favorite Carnival ship and itinerary out of all of the ones I've been on! Hee hee about the anniversary comment :p

I wouldn't worry...we just returned from eastern itinerary on Miracle. Sunny both days in San Juan and st Thomas...called for a 30% chance of shoiwers. Next day in Tortola partly to mostly sunny except for a 5 minute shower which came through over the mountains. Called for a 20% chance of showers that day (lol)

Yes...you are right. But even if it does rain it will likely be a afternoon tropical shower which will be brief and over before you know it. so technically if it rains for 5 minutes it's the same as if the showers last all day!

I am posting for my husbands peace of mind. I should preface by saying he freaks out about this EVERY CRUISE, and drives me absolutely insane up until vacation, then pouts if there's one cloud in the sky.

Right now, accuweather is projecting a 60% chance of rain every day in every port. Can someone please confirm that seven to 10 days out from the cruise is still a little early to be freaking out about this number??

He asked me to post.

Sorry but I will tell you that it is likely to rain every day while you are on your cruise. However in the islands when it rains it rains 10 minutes and then the sun is back out. Not a big deal and not at all uncommon. It will not spoil anything.

Sorry but I will tell you that it is likely to rain every day while you are on your cruise. However in the islands when it rains it rains 10 minutes and then the sun is back out. Not a big deal and not at all uncommon. It will not spoil anything.

See, we're cool with that -- he's expecting it to be a torrential downpour, all day every day...

Welcome to tropical weather.....tell him not to worry. At this time of year afternoon showers are the norm. That would be your 60% chance of rain. It's usually isolated and brief...and a welcome cool off from the heat and humidity. Here in Florida that is the the standard daily weather report for the entire summer.

Bwahaha! My dh just called me from work because the weather looks iffy and we don't leave until 6/22! Yeah, it's a little silly, and obsessive. And SO what if there is a little rain! Rain in the tropics is better than rain at home any day. ;)

Maybe grab a squirt bottle, fill it water, and just mist him now and then to practice so he won't freak out IF he gets a little tropical water on his noggin.

Bwahaha! My dh just called me from work because the weather looks iffy and we don't leave until 6/22! Yeah, it's a little silly, and obsessive. And SO what if there is a little rain! Rain in the tropics is better than rain at home any day. ;)

Maybe grab a squirt bottle, fill it water, and just mist him now and then to practice so he won't freak out IF he gets a little tropical water on his noggin.

LMAO!!!! I'll have to do that to DW who is worried about rain during our cruise next week. I assumed with no mountains to stop a small storm it would move fast if it hit us at all.

Welcome to tropical weather.....tell him not to worry. At this time of year afternoon showers are the norm. That would be your 60% chance of rain. It's usually isolated and brief...and a welcome cool off from the heat and humidity. Here in Florida that is the the standard daily weather report for the entire summer.

Amen to that! He's just a PESSIMIST, LOL!!!

BigFoot -- I'll will good weather your way, you do the same for me!

Yo yogimax, I grew up in Astoria....on 43rd St. right along the LI rail. I think it was along Northern Blvd. Been a long time. Use to go up to Steinway for shopping and catch the bus to Manhattan to visit my grandfather.

It POURED the entire day in Cozumel on our last cruise. We jumped from store awning to store awning and avoided the barkers. Had a good time either way but could see how it might be annoying on an excursion or beach day.

- Jess

Archived