No Hairy Chest contest please

Please tell me that they do not do the Hairy Chest contest on HAL ships. I just do not think it is entertaining watching a bunch of intoxicated hairy guys with beer bellys try to pick up an over weight woman and carry her around. It would not be so bad except they show it over and over on the ships channel:rolleyes:

Please tell me that they do not do the Hairy Chest contest on HAL ships. I just do not think it is entertaining watching a bunch of intoxicated hairy guys with beer bellys try to pick up an over weight woman and carry her around. It would not be so bad except they show it over and over on the ships channel:rolleyes:

Not yet.

The way things are going, though ... it may be only a matter of time.

No hairy chest and no ship on a stick rewards. HAL has however, been known to do a "toss the rubber chicken" contest. It was, SRO, which says something- not sure what.

What is a "toss the rubber chicken" contest?

Eremita

What is a "toss the rubber chicken" contest?

Eremita

It's a very complex, difficult, and highly strategic enterprise:D;) Drumroll, please...... You try to throw a rubber chicken into a pot! If you succeed, you get some "dam" dollars, which you can use to redeem for prizes towards the end of the cruise.

No, but they have SeaQuest on the next to last morning and you can see women of all ages taking their bras off:eek: and men of all ages walking around in their jockey shorts:eek: , unsuspecting bar waiters being carried on stage:cool: and fine folks taking their dentures out of their respective mouths:eek: . Lots of fun!:)

I hope children are allowed to participate, it sounds like something they would really enjoy. Meaning the chicken toss not the hairy chest contest.

Children of all ages participate. It has to be the goofiest thing I have done on a cruise ship. It's so goofy, I had fun with it.

No, but they have SeaQuest on the next to last morning and you can see women of all ages taking their bras off and men of all ages walking around in their jockey shorts , unsuspecting bar waiters being carried on stage and fine folks taking their dentures out of their respective mouths . Lots of fun!

They didn't have SeaQuest on the Maasdam, but the trip prior to that on the Rotterdam it was just a riot. I wish I'd had a video camera because the clothes were absolutely flying onstage!

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

No, but they have SeaQuest on the next to last morning and you can see women of all ages taking their bras off:eek: and men of all ages walking around in their jockey shorts:eek: , unsuspecting bar waiters being carried on stage:cool: and fine folks taking their dentures out of their respective mouths:eek: . Lots of fun!:)

I must of miss them that one on my the Maasdam last time

Copper10-8, I do hope you're kidding!

Do they still have the shipbuilding contest? That's kind of fun to participate in and/or watch...

No Madam, I'm not kidding! But I'm here to tell you that it's a hillarious experience to watch and, since it's usually right before the disembarkation talk by the C/D, a great way to wind down your cruise. And all that just for the honor of your team (depending on where you sit), the Atlantic or the Pacific to win, nothing else

Shipbuilding contests are still being held but are depending on how many pax want to participate - there's some great threads here with pics of some winners - I think the poster's name is Cruisinetta

They had some kind of "big belly" contest at the AFT pool on the Amsterdam in December. It was amusing.... alot of beer drinking guys. :)

(I saw a few women who poured themselves into "formal evening wear", that could have taken the prize, though! Looked like stuffed sausages, but, hey.... they were "dressing formally". :rolleyes:)

Didn't see anything else either on that ship, nor the Volendam on the year prior that was anything "Carnival Cruise-Like".

For the most part, you'll find a calm, laid-back atmosphere on Holland America. We love it! :)

DS is currently on RCC Freedom of the Seas with this GF's family. He sent an email yesterday saying he got talked into a hairy leg contest. :eek:

He also said he misses the luxury of Holland America. DS is 20 now but grew up on HAL ships so I guess he's really growing up if notices things like that.

(I saw a few women who poured themselves into "formal evening wear", that could have taken the prize, though! Looked like stuffed sausages, but, hey.... they were "dressing formally". :rolleyes:)
I know what you mean. There is more than the design/fabric of clothing involved in dressing properly ... not just formally.

I also am not interested in HAL introducing hairy chest contests. I could never qualify! :eek:

Oh its not as bad as you think.

On our last cruise we had the winner of the big belly contest and the hairy chest contest as a tablemate .......lovely woman :) :)

FOFLMHO :D

Thanks for my morning laugh! ;)

Archived