Sodas on Freedom of the Seas

On Carnival you can purchase a soda card for $5.50 a day. Does RCCL have something like this also? This will be our first RCCL cruise so any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Shankiko

Hi

Yes, RCCL does sell a soda card usually on the first and second days of the cruise, from what I remember it was about 6 dollars for adults and maybe 4 dollars for kids but if you search on this forum you will probably get a more exact price.

On Carnival you can purchase a soda card for $5.50 a day. Does RCCL have something like this also? This will be our first RCCL cruise so any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Shankiko

The soda card is always for the entire cruise. On a typical 7 night cruise, the cost is $6 per day, or $42 for the cruise, for an adult. (anyone who has passed his/her 18th birthday), plus 15% gratuity.

For anyone under 18, it's $4 per day, or $28 per week, plus 15% gratuity.

You get a nice insulated, lidded cup with the package.

It is for fountain sodas only. This is Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite and club soda. (soda water)

I just came back from FOS and I did the soda card for myself and my boyfriend. Every night we'd go to the Arcadia theatre and when the waitress would come by, we'd ask for a soda. They'd take our order and never return. The first three times we figured it got dark and maybe they had a hard time finding us... but the last time it was during bingo, I was in the front row, and the lights were on... there was no missing me.

We finally learned to stop at Sorrentos on our way to the Arcadia to get our soda.

I must say, I was disappointed. I tried to complain at Guest Relations, but they told me to just put it on the comment card. It left a bad taste in my mouth to be honest.

I don't think the staff in the theater likes serving soda unless you are ordering something else, because the same think happened to me as the above poster. The only time I wouldn't have a problem, was if we ordered something that we paid for and tipped. So I learned to just go to the main bar in the Arcadia Theater on the top level myself to get my coke, or stop by Sorrentos.

But, other than the theater, I thought the service with the card was great. Every place else would be happy to refill your mug or get you a cup filled with coke. It was definetly worth it for me.

I bought a soda card last cruise and was not impressed with the service. It's almost not worth the price. If you drink more than six sodas per day than maybe it's worth the money.

Archived