Princess $100 Deposit ?

SPARKLE10

Hi:

I remember reading on these boards, that Princess has $100 deposit specials sometimes. Does anyone know when they do this or is it a random thing?

When I was on the Sapphire Princess last year on our NZ/Australia cruise (which was wonderful); I didn't get a chance to buy any FCC. I sure wish I had though. I have a deposit out on the Emerald for a Baltic Cruise next year, which had a very expensive deposit attached to it. There is one I want to book for 2010, but since I don't have any FCC, I was looking for the $100 deposit that Princess sometimes has....

I'm kind of deposit poor right now; but I know I won't get any sympathy. I have 2 RCCL cruises to pay for this year and next year I have a B2B on RCCL and another Princess cruise booked. The amount of deposits I have out would pay for a normal cruise. I wish Princess hadn't changed their deposit requirements. I think for the Sapphire Princess cruise we took last year, our deposit was $900. The one I want to book for 2010, the deposit is twice that amount. I understand why they are doing it that way; but I wish they hadn't changed things......

I get about 2 Princess brochures in the mail every day, but none of them say anything about a $100 deposit special. Is it something my TA might know about?

Thanks.....I know there are a lot of Princess experts out there, as I read CC every day; several times a day. I'm lucky I have a job where I can do this.

Happy Cruising......Sparkle 10 (Anita);)

The $100 deposit is not normally offered through princess but through travel agents. So, if you do a google search, you might come across one. As you said, they are random and different agencys offer them at different times throughout the year. But I wouldn't wait for one through Princess, they just don't do that, what they do do is offer the FCC's for sale onboard the ship, as you mentioned.

I get e-mail newsletters from several TAs and one of them recently stated that Princess allows her to offer the $100 deposits six times a year. From the way she said it I got the impression that the agency chooses their own times to hold the $100 deposit sale, so one agency can offer it one week and another agency offer it the next.

I get e-mail newsletters from several TAs and one of them recently stated that Princess allows her to offer the $100 deposits six times a year. From the way she said it I got the impression that the agency chooses their own times to hold the $100 deposit sale, so one agency can offer it one week and another agency offer it the next.

And, with Princess now requiring 30% deposit for all cruises now, this is going to be more and more rare. If you want one, you will need to keep eyes and ears open, and jump when you hear about them.

Please remember (or review) CC guidlines and do not ask people to email you for information regarding a travel agent or post veiled references to agencies. Your cooperation will be appreciated :)

Sorry, didn't know. I knew that I couldn't post the TA information :(

That is exactly how it works.

From reading CC everyday I was directed to a site that has the lowest prices and they gave me the $100 deposit. That was about three weeks ago. This was just After just getting off a March cruise so I also didn't have the extra $ to plop 30% down.

Lucky you. I wish we could cruise that often.:D

SPARKLE10,

You might want to go to the Princess website and sign up for their emails. I got the $100 deposit email directly from Princess for my Med cruise. I went to a site provided on this board, and asked the TA about it, they said, yes indeed Princess was offering the $100 deposit on the cruise I wanted to take to the Med, so I booked it back in July '07 for $100 and final payment is due July '08. So I've had the reservation all year for that $100. Sweet!:p

Archived