Fascination or Glory

xxxxoooo

Hi xxxxoooo -

It's sort of comparing apples to oranges, in my opinion.

The Glory is a much newer (2003), larger ship leaving out of Port Canaveral, FL doing 7-day itineraries, alternating between the Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Belize, Honduras and Freeport) and the Eastern Caribbean (Nassau, St Thomas, St Maarten).

The Fascination is an older (1994), smaller, more intimate ship that runs 3, 4, or 5 day itineraries out of Miami or Jacksonville, depending on when you're looking at booking.

You'd have to ask yourself what length cruise you are looking to take. If you want a 7-day cruise, then the Glory is the answer. If you want a shorter cruise, then the Fascination.

Or, if you're more concerned about destination, do some research on which ports you'd most like to visit, and book a ship that visits those.

Either way, you can't go wrong - you're on a cruise! :D

Wish I could help but I have never been on the Fascination. I have been on the Immagination which is a sister ship and loved it. Maybe because it was my first cruise. I just got off the Glory and love her too. In fact, if I'm able I will be going on her again next year on the Eastern Route. It is a much bigger ship and a little more confusing than the Fanasty ships. I would look at the ports you really want to go to and how many days you want to sail. I think you'll enjoy both.

Are you going soon and will the Fascination be at Jacksonville when you sail. Both are easy ports to embark and debark.

Never been on the Fascination, but as you are considering the Glory - I say go for the longer cruise! :D As you can choose between the alternating eastern and western itineraries, you can decide which ports you'd prefer.

If the Fascination is close to being about half what Glory costs, then thats what Id go with. If the prices are close Id do the Glory. Im assuming the Glory is a longer cruise than whatever you are looking at on the Fascination. If you live within driving distance though, those short cruises can often be the better bargains on a per day cost basis.

I love going out of Port Canaveral.

Yes. :p

Either one and for the reasons the others have said. Older, smaller, shorter cruises. Newer, bigger, longer cruises.

We have done both.

I prefer the Fantasy class ships but any Carnival cruise is fine with me.

If you have never sailed Carnival before, or never cruised before, I always say start with the smaller ship and move up for the next cruise. That said, Fascination, at 70,000 tons, is not a small ship, just small in comparison to the newer ones. Personally, I like this size ship. I am hoping to get on the Fascination next winter. EM

My first cruise was on Jubilee, which was 46,000 GT. I thought it was HUGE!

After a cruise on RCI Empress, which was about the same size, we sailed on Fantasy. At 70,000 GT, I thought it was gigantic!

After three consecutive Fantasy-class ships, we sailed the Miracle last December. 88,500 GT was big, but didn't seem that much larger because of the layout.

A couple of weeks ago, we were on the Glory. At 110,000 GT, she's a monster!

In December, we'll be on the Fascination, and returning to the Fantasy-class will seem like returning home. I love that class of ship.

I love HMC, and driving to Jax isn't nearly so much an ordeal as driving to other FL ports.

I personaly think a 5-day is an excellent choice for new cruisers, but people have to be aware that Fascination won't have all the bells and whistles.

I'll miss the Fish & Chips on Glory, but I won't go hungry on Fascination.

The layout of the Fantasy-class ships is pretty easy to navigate. I love the layout on the Promenade deck. Everything is right there. My only problem is the photo gallery causes a bottleneck. I hated the Lido pool area on the Glory. Very crowded and noisy.

Fascination was refurbished recently, but hasn't received the upgraded pool areas.

I got a great price on Fascination ($299 each for an inside w/ past guest upgrade from 4A to 4C). That's an incredible price for a 5-day itinerary sailing from a port to which I can drive!

It all depends on what you want. Fewer people on Fascination, for sure. Great itineraries on both. If the ship experience is what's important to you, then a newer, larger ship may be better. But I feel the Fantasy-class ships have everything I could want. We've had great food with pleasant crews on those sailings.

We've been on the Fascination twice and loved her both times. I agree with some of the other posts, if it is your first cruise, a smaller ship may be better. Check out the itineraries and the prices to see which better fits you. Also, if you have never cruised, a shorter cruise may be better. I hear there are actually people out there that do not like cruising :)

Fascination doesn't sail out of Tampa. She's in Miami now but moving to Jacksonville in the fall.

I've sailed twice out of Tampa (first two cruises, so it's been a while). I don't recall there being any problems.

We have sailed both. Glory first, then Fascination. We sailed the Fascination after her upgrade and thought it was very nice...classy and not so glitzy as I expected in an older Carnival ship. The only disadvantage for us was the lack of balcony cabins but we did splurge on a suite for our Fascination trip. Like the size of the Fascination too but the Glory is beautiful too.

Archived