Yotel

I stayed there in March. It was not a luxury experience, but it was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The "cabin" reminded me of a train compartment. I had a single room, but I was able to see into the double rooms, and they are substantially larger. I really enjoyed being able to walk out the door the next morning and be right there in Terminal 4.

Perfect if all you want is a comfortable place to sleep before your flight. Not so perfect if you are claustrophobic. The cabin was fairly compact - just about three times the width of the bed (including the bed) and the same length as the bed. The only window is in the door, and looks out into the corridor. So unless you want people looking in at you, you must draw your shade when in residence.

I thought it was convenient, and pretty good value for money. I would stay there again.

Lisa

I stayed there in March. It was not a luxury experience, but it was clean, and the bed was very comfortable. The "cabin" reminded me of a train compartment. I had a single room, but I was able to see into the double rooms, and they are substantially larger. I really enjoyed being able to walk out the door the next morning and be right there in Terminal 4.

Perfect if all you want is a comfortable place to sleep before your flight. Not so perfect if you are claustrophobic. The cabin was fairly compact - just about three times the width of the bed (including the bed) and the same length as the bed. The only window is in the door, and looks out into the corridor. So unless you want people looking in at you, you must draw your shade when in residence.

I thought it was convenient, and pretty good value for money. I would stay there again.

Lisa

Lisa,

I'm glad you saw this. Now I have 2 other questions for you. Did you hear any "airport noises"? The second question is more subjective. I'm arriving at Terminal 5 one afternoon & flying out of Terminal 3 the next morning. I have a reservation at the Premier Travel Inn on Bath Rd. several miles away. Considering the time it takes to get a taxi & travel back to the airport......would it be less time consuming to stay at Terminal 4 instead? In other words, would the amount of time it takes to use the shuttle between the terminals be less? I REALLY appreciate your input. I leave on my trip in 3 days; & I wanted to stay at Yotel on my return to the US on the 25th.

Lisa,

I'm glad you saw this. Now I have 2 other questions for you. Did you hear any "airport noises"? The second question is more subjective. I'm arriving at Terminal 5 one afternoon & flying out of Terminal 3 the next morning. I have a reservation at the Premier Travel Inn on Bath Rd. several miles away. Considering the time it takes to get a taxi & travel back to the airport......would it be less time consuming to stay at Terminal 4 instead? In other words, would the amount of time it takes to use the shuttle between the terminals be less? I REALLY appreciate your input. I leave on my trip in 3 days; & I wanted to stay at Yotel on my return to the US on the 25th.

Hi Becky,

The only noise I heard was someone banging on some pipes at about 3 in the morning! I guess it was part of the work they were doing on the Terminal. Fortunately, it didn't last very long.

I have never travelled from T4 to T5, so I'm sorry, but I can't give you much help on this one. Globaliser is probably the best poster to ask about this.

Hi Phabric,

The Yotel meals come from a little galley with a fridge and a microwave. They have a pretty limited selection. I had my breakfast in one of the cafes in T4, so I could sit and eat in a more leisurely fashion and text my husband!

Lisa

I'm arriving at Terminal 5 one afternoon & flying out of Terminal 3 the next morning. I have a reservation at the Premier Travel Inn on Bath Rd. several miles away. Considering the time it takes to get a taxi & travel back to the airport......would it be less time consuming to stay at Terminal 4 instead?
We will be arriving at Terminal 3. How do get to Terminal 4 and Yotel.
On the assumption that carrying and moving your bags is not a problem:-

To get from Terminal 3 to Terminal 4 for the Yotel, go to the Heathrow Express station and get the train to Terminal 4. This is a free transfer, so there's no need to stop to buy a ticket.

To get from Terminal 5 to Terminal 4, go to the Heathrow Express station, take any train to the next station (for Terminals 1, 2 and 3) and change there for the train to Terminal 4. This is also free.

One advantage of this for the Yotel is that you can take a lift up to the terminal's arrival level, and then take another lift up one floor almost to the front door of the Yotel, which is inside the terminal building.

But if you can't manage your bags, a taxi is probably the best bet. If you're cheeky, from T5 to T4 you could get the Hilton's free shuttle bus service to the front door of the Hilton and then walk across the walkway into T4 itself. But that's not what Hilton intends its shuttle bus to be used for!

Archived