Alaskan "King?" Crab Legs !

cruisin42

Attached is a photo of a sample of what was served in the Palm dining room for dinner on the Caribbean Princess on 01 June 2008. I had to use the cigarette for comparison.

The king crab leg is the little red thing on the card. This was not the largest morsel served, however it was NOT the smallest piece either.

The knuckle piece was a bit larger.

This is not "trick" photography. I wouldn't know how.

It is unfortunate that I believe we've sailed with Princess for the last time.

This is not the single reason why.

398037151_June12008_2.JPG.1f0ed58620b5be224ece67ed9a662fc7.JPG

When we got off the CB on 5/26 the crab legs were much bigger than what is on that picture!?! Perhaps that's was just a small piece of the leg?? Ours were huge, piled high on our plate and enjoyed:D

Is that the reason your not sailing Princess any longer.....geesh!!!!

Nothing like that happened when I ordered crab legs. I'm very sorry for your disappointment. I would have been very disappointed as well. I'd also have asked the waiter to take them back and get me something better.

I have NEVER seen them this size on ANY Princess cruise. They are always huge. Don't believe that they were all this small. Must be part of a leg. Ridiculous post.

My point exactly, sport. It was a leg. Take the post for what it is. Then forget it.

The young couple seated near we tired of re-ordering.

This is Cruise Critics.

The young couple seated near we tired of re-ordering.

:confused: :confused:

So you are telling us that your entire plate of "crab legs" consisted of dozens of pieces non larger that a cigarette? Would have loved to see that photo....

Doesn't every crab leg end in a small section like the one in your photo? I find it a bit unbelievable that any eatery would serve up tips and tips alone....

Just another note about food... I used to cruise for the food, it was a big deal. Now I couldn't care less., I cruise for the cruise & relaxation and ports and I am happy when I get an outstanding meal but I don't expect it.

Back in th 80's when I started cruising the lobster would be hanging off both sides of your plate it was so huge. Of course cruising was a lot more expensive then - 1500 a week per person and this was 20 years ago.

Nothing like that happened when I ordered crab legs. I'm very sorry for your disappointment. I would have been very disappointed as well. I'd also have asked the waiter to take them back and get me something better.

I would have done the same.

Mike:)

We too were dissappointed with the size of the crab legs. DH kept saying he thought they were trying to pass off snow crab. It was definately king crab but the smallest legal size. Anyone who shops Sams or Costco and buys their king crab will probably be used to really large legs. As my daughter put it....those king crab legs are the size of a small child's arm.

Anyone who shops Sams or Costco and buys their king crab will probably be used to really large legs. As my daughter put it....those king crab legs are the size of a small child's arm.

Or a small mans arm......

Boy I love those Seafood Road Shows. :D

We didn't eat the crab in the dining room when we were on the CB in April but I must say at the seafood buffet on embarkation night the crab legs were much much larger than that.

Thats very surprising.

DH and I were going to book a 10 day Alaska sailing on Princess yesterday. However, after being so unhappy with the cuisine on the 19 day sailing of the Island Princess last month, I decided to do more than my usual research for the Alaska cruise. As such, we have decided to forego the Alaska cruise on Princess because we were disenchanted with the reviews we were seeing on that ship. Now, I would like to note that we do not cruise for the food; however, when you spend more than $6,000 for a balcony cabin, is it too much to expect an enjoyable dinner??? This past February we did a 15 day sailing on the Diamond and loved every minute of it. What is going on here??? Do we really need to be afraid to sail Princess now??? I fully realize that not all ships are equal, but to have such disappointing food like we had last month is something I don't wish to repeat. And I'm really sick and tired of reading that the cruise lines need to make a buck. Just look at Carnival's profit and loss statement. They are not hurting at all from the looks of their annual statement. Well, all I can say is this Alaska booking is one that Princess is losing because of their shortsightedness. BTW, we are currently holding a res on a 15 day Golden sailing. I will be monitoring the reviews constantly; and if I see more questionable quality on that ship, I will not hesitate to cancel that booking.

I had king crab on my Grand cruise back in Jan of this year, and had several very large legs. Was this the size of ALL your legs, or just one? Either way, with Princess, you're more than welcome to order more servings....

Was this something served in the buffet (Cafe Caribe)? I hope it's not a representative sample.
Sorry, I see that this was served in the Palm dining room.

The best advice I have is that when you have a complaint like this, get it taken care of then and there. There is no reason to go away unhappy.

The best advice I have is that when you have a complaint like this, get it taken care of then and there. There is no reason to go away unhappy.

Absolutely the way it should be handled.

Mike

I had the "King Crab Legs" on the Crown Princess. I got a laugh at the small portion and our waiter brought me plate full of crab legs like these. Anyway, I was still hungry afterwards so we went to the Buffet later that evening for our second helping of seafood.

Maybe you accidentally ordered the diet portion?:p

On Grand in April, the crab legs were of a large size and very yummy. My son and I cleared three plates between us! Our wonderful waiter kept bringing more without being asked.

All I am saying is that it was what it was. I'm sorry that the picture is so dark but it was taken in our cabin under the lamp. Maybe reducing the size of it for posting caused the darkening.

I was fuming in the dining room. Unfortunately I am one who does not verbally vent. When we left I took photos of the shell I brought back to our cabin. And no, it was not a leg tip. That was a crab leg from my dish. Maybe 15 or 18 total pieces. Some a little larger some (yes) smaller.

This was day 6 of our cruise from NY and yes, the crab legs were significantly larger in Horizon Court on the first night. Not humoungous, just larger.

Maybe they were just emptying their supply for replenishment on the next cruise. But they should not have offered these morsels on their menu.

If anyone was on the May 26th cruise on the CP from NY and was in the Palm dining room on Sunday evening, June 1 please offer your opinion.

This cruise cost us over $150 per person each day (not to mention the $10.50 per person mandatory daily gratuity charge).

I think Princess could have & should have done better.

I'm searching for a new cruise line.

Thanks for reading this, folks.

All I am saying is that it was what it was. I'm sorry that the picture is so dark but it was taken in our cabin under the lamp. Maybe reducing the size of it for posting caused the darkening.

I was fuming in the dining room. Unfortunately I am one who does not verbally vent. When we left I took photos of the shell I brought back to our cabin. And no, it was not a leg tip. That was a crab leg from my dish. Maybe 15 or 18 total pieces. Some a little larger some (yes) smaller.

This was day 6 of our cruise from NY and yes, the crab legs were significantly larger in Horizon Court on the first night. Not humoungous, just larger.

Maybe they were just emptying their supply for replenishment on the next cruise. But they should not have offered these morsels on their menu.

If anyone was on the May 26th cruise on the CP from NY and was in the Palm dining room on Sunday evening, June 1 please offer your opinion.

This cruise cost us over $150 per person each day (not to mention the $10.50 per person mandatory daily gratuity charge).

I think Princess could have & should have done better.

I'm searching for a new cruise line.

Thanks for reading this, folks.

You are searching for a new cruise line because of the size of the crab legs?

I hope your new line offers larger legs.

Archived