Alaskan "King?" Crab Legs !

cruisin42

All this talk about crab legs has me yearning for them even more and my cruise is over two months away.

I think Princess has some of the best food out there, and I especially like the crab legs drenched in butter. Probably bad for my health but as long as I only have them once or twice a year I will be sure to indulge.

But did you look at the photo? ? ? :rolleyes:..:confused:

As you can see Princess did a major cut back on their King Crab Legs and Lobster.

Not like what they use to serve..... :(

If your a crab eater, like myself, take it from me - tell your waiter you'll need at least 3 -4 servings cause the King Crab legs are the size of toothpicks.... :eek: Very little meat inside. A sliver of meat is what your going to get. :(

But did you look at the photo? ? ? :rolleyes:..:confused:

As you can see Princess did a major cut back on their King Crab Legs and Lobster.

Not like what they use to serve..... :(

If your a crab eater, like myself, take it from me - tell your waiter you'll need at least 3 -4 servings cause the King Crab legs are the size of toothpicks.... :eek: Very little meat inside. A sliver of meat is what your going to get. :(

Then I'll pretend they are crawdads and order a whole basket. :D

All this talk about crab legs has me yearning for them even more and my cruise is over two months away.

I think Princess has some of the best food out there, and I especially like the crab legs drenched in butter. Probably bad for my health but as long as I only have them once or twice a year I will be sure to indulge.

Try eating them without the butter. It's much healthier and much less fattening. When I was a pre-teen, my parents taught me to eat lobster and crabs without butter. The true sweetness in the meat comes out when it's not drowning in butter. Try it some time. You may be pleasantly surprised...and your heart will love you for it.:) Oh, and the best part....you can eat even more, guiltlessly!!

Our crab legs on the Tahitian this summer were decent...some smaller pieces, but also plenty of larger ones as well. They also had an excellent flavor and texture (better than the lobster tail). We had some phenomenal crab legs at the Oceanaire in Minneapolis last week, however...better even than what we had ashore in Juneau!

Try eating them without the butter. It's much healthier and much less fattening. When I was a pre-teen, my parents taught me to eat lobster and crabs without butter. The true sweetness in the meat comes out when it's not drowning in butter. Try it some time. You may be pleasantly surprised...and your heart will love you for it.:) Oh, and the best part....you can eat even more, guiltlessly!!
I have. But then I am always compelled by some mysterious force which ultimately makes me drench them in melted butter.

When I go on a cruise, I'm always a guiltless glutton. It's when I get back that I atone for my sins.

Maybe the Waiter didnt like you LOL

You stole the line I used on the OP! I had to apologize for that. I figured that in Alaska, the crab legs had to be good. But my son, the King Crab fanatic, would not finish what was on his plate. He did not really like them and did not like the clarified butter served with either, ordering another plate would not have worked. Oh well. The lobster served is a slipper lobster and was the size of a jumbo shrimp. I know everyone says "just order more", but there are certain expectations when ordering these crustaceans, very disappointing when they don't measure up.:(

Archived