Two AOS questions...

Hi all-

I was just stunned to learn that AOS does not have "Jade" in the Windjammer! Yes, I was probably one of the very few who actually ate the miso soup bar Jade put out for breakfast, and I've been dreaming of it ever since going on the Mariner. (great way to get your daily dose of ginger to ward off seasickness!) Do any of you know if they provide that delicious sushi and miso soup elsewhere on this ship, or we SOL on the AOS for that? ;)

Second question: What are the balcony dividers like on the AOS? Mariner had glass, but I read AOS may have steel dividers that offer more privacy? Any info appreciated. Thanks y'all!

Yes, I second that...does anyone happen to have a (very rough) description of the typical foods available and general layout of the Windjammer?

I'm somewhat laughing at myself as I notice how disappointed I am about the lack of Jade, which I lived on last time. The things we can fixate on!

Thanks!

Sorry, there isn't any sushi or miso soup that I saw anywhere on AOS.

As for the balcony dividers, they are steel.

We were on Adventure in March. We had dinner in the Windjammer every night and there was a sushi station with a staff member making it up fresh each evening.

The balcony divider all depends on which cabin you get. We had one glass and one steel. I saw others with both sides glass. The Windjammeris the section where you were used to seeing Jade (first section of the buffet), in the back part is the Island Grill (a bar in the back section and seating all around).

Hi all-

I was just stunned to learn that AOS does not have "Jade" in the Windjammer! Yes, I was probably one of the very few who actually ate the miso soup bar Jade put out for breakfast, and I've been dreaming of it ever since going on the Mariner.

What?! Now I'm sad! I loved miso soup for breakfast, too! :(

What?! Now I'm sad! I loved miso soup for breakfast, too! :(

Yes--it's a great way to keep room for all the delicious fatty foods you're going to eat later in the day, is super tasty, and beyond that, a great way to get a dose of ginger every morning to ward off seasickness. the perfect breakfast!

my husband will be glad to hear there will be sushi though.

We were on Adventure in March. We had dinner in the Windjammer every night and there was a sushi station with a staff member making it up fresh each evening.

I was curious as to how dinner in the Windjammer works. Do you pick up the food buffet style or do they have table service. Is it the same food as served in the dining room? We are going on the AOS for the July 6 sailing & the second sitting is full and we are thinking about eating in the windjammer instead of the early sitting.

I was curious as to how dinner in the Windjammer works. Do you pick up the food buffet style or do they have table service. Is it the same food as served in the dining room? We are going on the AOS for the July 6 sailing & the second sitting is full and we are thinking about eating in the windjammer instead of the early sitting.

On our last cruise aboard Adventure we had every dinner in the Windjammer. And we have done this on our past 2-3 cruises. Some items will be offered in both the dining room and the Windajmmer. Some items will only be offered in the dining room and some only in the Windjammer.

I much prefer eating dinner in the Windjammer. It is quiet with a very nice atmosphere. There is no one rushing around and you can eat at your leasure without worrying about being there at a certain time or having to be out by a certain time. I found that it made the cruise quite relaxing. We sat in the same area each evening and had the same waiter. He was very attentive to us and would bring us drinks and keep them refilled. And though you do go up to get your own food I rather prefer doing that. Although, I suppose if you asked him to get you some food he probably would. He did want to get our desserts for us but we declined. I like getting my own. He was far more attentive then the service that we had aboard Mariner in her dining room.

When we cruise next I'm sure we will be using the Windjammer again instead of the dining room

We were on the AOS in January and there was definitely sushi and some asian food every night, maybe not to the extent of Jade, but there's at least some of what you're looking for.:D

I was in a GS on deck 10 and our balcony dividers were steel.

Laura

On our last cruise aboard Adventure we had every dinner in the Windjammer. And we have done this on our past 2-3 cruises. Some items will be offered in both the dining room and the Windajmmer. Some items will only be offered in the dining room and some only in the Windjammer.

I much prefer eating dinner in the Windjammer. It is quiet with a very nice atmosphere. There is no one rushing around and you can eat at your leasure without worrying about being there at a certain time or having to be out by a certain time. I found that it made the cruise quite relaxing. We sat in the same area each evening and had the same waiter. He was very attentive to us and would bring us drinks and keep them refilled. And though you do go up to get your own food I rather prefer doing that. Although, I suppose if you asked him to get you some food he probably would. He did want to get our desserts for us but we declined. I like getting my own. He was far more attentive then the service that we had aboard Mariner in her dining room.

When we cruise next I'm sure we will be using the Windjammer again instead of the dining room

I second this. Our last trip we ate in the Windjammer most nights, particularly after we discovered a young man playing guitar there every night.

There was no crowd. Plenty of food in plenty of variety.

We too sat in the same spot every night, had the same young man taking care of us and we loved EVERY minute of it. Talk about dedicated service!

I don't plan on changing this tactic on our cruise in September...it worked too well.

Archived