On the phone with Royal-Qucik Help!

I'm surprised they're even entertaining the idea of taking a reservation this late in the game if the cruise is this weekend. It's my understanding that since 9/11 the cruise lines are required to submit a manifest to the authorities 48 hours prior to sailing and once submitted, they can't add to it. I guess I have wrong information. Good Luck!!!

The cruise is Sunday, and today is Thursday. I was told as long as I book by tomorrow, I will be fine.

So your information seems to be correct.

THis may not work, but yoyu can check with them. According to posts on here, once thay have allocated you a room the fact is is a gurantee is taken off the booking and you can change the cabin.

If you are certian that they will put u in a cabin that will acconmdate 3 can you do that, wait for the allocation to be made (which hopefully would only be a few mins or a couple of hours) and then amend the booking to add on the third person.

I do not know if it will work, but it is worth running it by a supervisor

THis may not work, but yoyu can check with them. According to posts on here, once thay have allocated you a room the fact is is a gurantee is taken off the booking and you can change the cabin.

If you are certian that they will put u in a cabin that will acconmdate 3 can you do that, wait for the allocation to be made (which hopefully would only be a few mins or a couple of hours) and then amend the booking to add on the third person.

I do not know if it will work, but it is worth running it by a supervisor

Well, the answer is no. The fact that they are turning down $1071 extra plus everything I would have bought onboard, to let a berth go empty. I honest to god can't believe it. The lady that I talked to Ms. Smith was a complete #$%#% to me, and quite frankly makes me wonder why I would want to sail on a line that treats their customers the way this lady treated me. I understand that they can not do this, but you should not talk to a customer this way, and practically hang up on me, after I politely waited well over 50 minutes to talk to her.

Your loss Royal Caribbean.

Thanks for listening to my rant :)

Justin I am so sorry. If you remember the rude lady's name, maybe fire off a quick email to Adam Goldstein about how rude she treated you (and the fact that they turned down $1,000 from you).

You know what Wrona, that is an outstanding idea.

I know exactly what her name was, and will very politely and calmly (even though smoke can literally be seen coming out of my ears), send him an email and let him know of the situation.

However, as it stands, it is Royal Caribbean 1 Justin 0.

Justin, while it may not get you on the ship, they at least need to know about rudeness by their employees. I think part of the reason people have such continued issues with customer service is no one bothers to write a letter to let the higher ups know. They may have an inkling of issues, but because most people don't bother to say anything to the higher ups they aren't aware of how big an issue it is.

I've said it before, if you tell me no politely I am likely to take the news well and not complain. But if you treat me rudely, you better believe everybody and their mother is gonna know about it!!

Dont give up Justin!!! I would at least call one more time and see if you can get someone eles...I would ask to speak to another supervisor..not Ms. Smith!! I am sure there are more than one supervisors on duty right now..keep trying!!

Thanks for all the great wishes!

I am not giving up!

I just hope I don't become the next MACOP ;)

:eek: :eek: :eek:

ba ba ba ba bada ba ... lust for l... ;)

Good luck! We're pulling for you!

A~

It's kinda sad how hard your CC friends are trying to help you get ON the cruise and RCI is doing everything to keeping you OFF of it. :eek: :confused: :( ;)

Do you have to book by tonight or do you have until tomorrow? What if you just walked down to any Travel Agency and said, yo, if you can get me this, I'll give you my business.

Well I am starting to think that this is a nowhere road.

Greg in resolutions was atleast polite to me, but couldn't help me with my problem.

Still struggling to figure out why they dont want an extra $1071.

::Sigh::

Well, I can understand. There's a certain system of how things are done with any large business like that. It's not always easy to work outside the system, and though you may think it obvious that they should do it for you, if they did and word started getting around, and more people started requesting the same thing . . . Well, you can see where that's going.

I thought you had a shot, if you spoke to the right person, but I'm not surprised that things didn't work out. I work in a manufacturing plant, and I know how things are. The people asking you for something that they think is a no-brainer usually don't realize what has to be done behind the scenes to make it happen.

Did you cheak the single rate for an cheap inside cabin as montekat suggested last evening? You could spend most of the time with your friends and just use the inside to sleep in or for storage of all of your empty luggage even.

Did you try to have a T/A fight your battle. The T/A would be making a few dollars and would have clout that perhaps you would not have. An agressive T/A would have the right phone numbers to help YOU and themselves. It's their business!!! Not too late, call one now!!

Did you cheak the single rate for an cheap inside cabin as montekat suggested last evening? You could spend most of the time with your friends and just use the inside to sleep in or for storage of all of your empty luggage even.

When I went and checked there were no more rooms available for the sailing. I wish this opportunity would have become available to me sooner.

Archived