Latest time to arrive at Port

mj

Tried the search forum with no luck. I am looking at a flight that arrives in Miami around 11:30am. I have not booked ye and there is always the possibility that your flight could arrive later. What is the latest that you can check-in at the Port of Miami and not miss the boat? I thought that it had changed to 2:30 or 3pm. So, I could be cutting it close if the plane arrive a couple of hours late.

If I have to arrive the day of the cruise (which I hate), I book the earliest flight there, even if it means getting up at 3:00 AM! That gives me time in case there are delays, etc.

Now I fly in night before. I would rather get in at Midnight and sleep late the next morning. Flight costs are usually the same for the first flight or last flight of the day (as in cheapest).

It's just not worth the worrying to fly in the day of anymore.

Thanks, I normally fly in the day before as well. Unfortunately, the airline that I wanted to fly has the earliest flight out at 9:30 am with a nonstop flight. I will have to rethink this one. The price was right for flying out at this time compared to flying in the day before.

The flight won't be cheap if you have to spend $$$ to catch the ship at the next port of call :eek: .

You are however safer if it is a non-stop... It has to do with how much of a worrier or gamlber you are....

Tom in Long Beach

We always like to go in the day before regardless of the airfare. It won't be that much different and having the peace of mind of being there and waking up a couple miles from the ship is a wonderful feeling.

Just being rested the day you embark is worth any extra you may have to pay.

We almost missed the ship many years ago because we had to connect in Atlanta from the north before heading to Florida. I think we got to the pier at 90 before departure. It was a very unnerving trip down.

You can usually find hotels around the port that offer shuttle service to and from the airport and dock for the cruise, some do and some don't.

Whenever I see this asked I think, well if it says 12.00 noon, then it means 12:00 noon. But I have seen some of the replies on the board that does say you can board early but you will not be able to get into your Stateroom. Sooo, when it says 12:00 noon, just what time can you get on board? When will all the pax from the previous cruise be gone? We will be in London for two days before we sail so we can get to the ship early. It will take us about 2 1/2 hours, I think, to get to the ship from our hotel.

the new guidelines state 1 hour before sail time. If you are scheduled to leave port at 1 pm, be there no later than noon. I would play it safe and go earlier though. If you are relying on traffic to be perfect, that is the day it will be screwed, and you will miss the ship..

what you are seeing as a flight time could change by the time you sail.

I book the last flight out the night before since SO must work that day.

For our first cruise i booked a 7am flight thinking that was plenty of time. Our plane was cancelled at the last minute and we were able to secure another flight that got us to the pier with 4 minutes to spare...arrived at 3:55 with a sailing time of 4pm. this was back in 2000 before all the crap was in place. If that was today-- we would have missed our cruise.

use a site like http://www.kayak.com that will list most of the flights each day.

It was just in the news yesterday about yet another airline cutting flights.

With less and less seats to rebook people if there is a weather or maintance issue...no way would I fly in the day of a cruise any more.

Tried the search forum with no luck. I am looking at a flight that arrives in Miami around 11:30am. I have not booked ye and there is always the possibility that your flight could arrive later. What is the latest that you can check-in at the Port of Miami and not miss the boat? I thought that it had changed to 2:30 or 3pm. So, I could be cutting it close if the plane arrive a couple of hours late.

There are a number of responses above but none of them answer the OPs question. Carnival is required to transmit the manifest to Homeland security one hour before the ship sails. You need to be on board at least an hour before scheduled sail away and two hours would be better.

Since different ships have different departure times I can't give you a specific for your cruise but this should help.

Archived