Glory leaving PC?

taffy12

With Carnival Dream destined for Port Canaveral, I've heard a lot of speculation - some from people who seem pretty certain - that Glory is going to be moved. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this and when we might know for sure? I can see why they would move her, as seven-day itineraries usually start on Saturday and Sunday and PC can only handle one large ship each of those days (it'll be Freedom and Dream starting next fall), but with Dream set to launch in the fall of '09 and the Carnival site still showing dates for Glory out of PC through April '10, I'm clinging to some hope that they'll keep her around...

With Carnival Dream destined for Port Canaveral, I've heard a lot of speculation - some from people who seem pretty certain - that Glory is going to be moved. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this and when we might know for sure? I can see why they would move her, as seven-day itineraries usually start on Saturday and Sunday and PC can only handle one large ship each of those days (it'll be Freedom and Dream starting next fall), but with Dream set to launch in the fall of '09 and the Carnival site still showing dates for Glory out of PC through April '10, I'm clinging to some hope that they'll keep her around...

I loved the Glory, twice but will welcome two new ships to PC if that's what they do.

Someone said John Herald? blog might have news on the Dream next week. Once we get some news on the Dream and when it will start then they will probably know about the Glory, until then yup, everyone has their own guesses.

Someone said John Herald? blog might have news on the Dream next week. Once we get some news on the Dream and when it will start then they will probably know about the Glory, until then yup, everyone has their own guesses.

I think I'll be looking forward to sailing the Dream or the Freedom if that's what happens.

I really wish they would do a 6 day and an 8 day out of PC. I'm dying to do a southern itin but don't really want to go to Miami unless I jump ship and do NCl, not too thrilled about doing that.

I think I'll be looking forward to sailing the Dream or the Freedom if that's what happens.

I really wish they would do a 6 day and an 8 day out of PC. I'm dying to do a southern itin but don't really want to go to Miami unless I jump ship and do NCl, not too thrilled about doing that.

Im confused I think? Carnival has announced the Dream will be home ported in Port Canaveral, but they havent announced the date.

Freedom will be year round out of Ft. Lauderdale right, or am I confused here? Its being pulled from Europe I think I saw to do year round out of Ft. Lauderdale?

Most are guessing when the Dream comes the Glory will be pulled to another port, no net gain or loss ship wise to Port Canaveral. who knows.

I will be going out of Miami on the Valor next summer, and I'm curious why you said if you went out of Miami, you would jump ship to NCL - is there a problem with CCL and Miami? :confused:

That was me. The biggest clue would be when the Dream itinerary comes out and whether or not it is a Saturday departure. If it is, the Glory is moving. If Sundays, then maybe not.

That was me. The biggest clue would be when the Dream itinerary comes out and whether or not it is a Saturday departure. If it is, the Glory is moving. If Sundays, then maybe not.

Someone's PVP told them New Orleans will have a 7 day ship. Fantasy schedule also abruptly stops the end of 2009, so something is going to happen. Demand seems so much weaker out of New Orleans compared to Galveston for instance, hard to guess. Wait and see attitude time.

We went out of Miami this past February on Carnival Freedom. It was easier to get on board than it was the last ship we took out of Ft Lauderdale last year. I think Miami was so much more organized. I always heard it was a zoo. Ft Lauderdale was so much worse last year. Waited in line over 2 1/2 hours last February.

Im confused I think? Carnival has announced the Dream will be home ported in Port Canaveral, but they havent announced the date.

Freedom will be year round out of Ft. Lauderdale right, or am I confused here? Its being pulled from Europe I think I saw to do year round out of Ft. Lauderdale?

Most are guessing when the Dream comes the Glory will be pulled to another port, no net gain or loss ship wise to Port Canaveral. who knows.

No, you aren't confused Fire.......I read that the Freedom is going to replace the Liberty and home port out of FLL. I don't really understand the logic of trading out the Freedom and the Liberty in the Med, but I guess they have their reasons.

I thought Pride was moving to FLL Spring '09 when Conquest arrives in Long Beach? Or was it Miami?

The Pride will be in Miami for a short time, will then be ported year round in Baltimore. The Conquest isn't moving to Long Beach, one of the newer larger ships is.

When the poster said it will be Freedom and Dream, I think they were referring to the Carnival Dream and RCI Freedom of the Seas. RCI is moving Mariner of the Seas next year to the West Coast, and it makes sense to move FOS in to replace it.

I will be going out of Miami on the Valor next summer, and I'm curious why you said if you went out of Miami, you would jump ship to NCL - is there a problem with CCL and Miami? :confused:

We live here in Miami and sail out of Miami at least twice a year. There is no problem with Miami. It is just a very busy Port with several ships coming and going on the same day, at the same time.

Carnival opened their new state of the art building/terminal recently and it is very comfortable.

The Port of Miami will start construction for the new terminal for Norwegian Cruise Lines pretty soon, as the money has been allocated and they are expecting at least one of their new huge ships (F-3 category) to sail out of Miami.

Royal Caribbean also has a large terminal, with their largest ship, "The Freedom of The Seas" sailing out of its home port of Miami every week, year round, in addition to other "smaller" ships also sailing out of Miami.

You are talking about two different ships. The "Freedom" in Port Canaveral will not be the Carnival Freedom, but rather the Freedom of the Seas.

The Carnival Pride will be going to Baltimore year round. The Carnival Conquest is not going to Los Angeles, the Carnival Splendor is.

I think he was just saying he wanted to do a Southern Carribean and NCL out of Miami has a nice 9 night Southern Caribbean itineary. I feel the same way. I'm getting tired of the same eastern and western Islands and would like to do a Southern Caribbean without having to fly to San Juan.

Cheers,

Brad

I think he was just saying he wanted to do a Southern Carribean and NCL out of Miami has a nice 9 night Southern Caribbean itineary. I feel the same way. I'm getting tired of the same eastern and western Islands and would like to do a Southern Caribbean without having to fly to San Juan.

Cheers,

Brad

Princess offers 10 night cruises out of Miami to the Southern Caribbean.

Princess offers 10 night cruises out of Miami to the Southern Caribbean.

Hi,

Princess does not sail out of the Port of Miami. They sail out of Ft. Lauderdale instead.:)

NCL has the Jewel sailing out of Miami on a 9 day Southern Caribbean. It is a great itinerary. :)

You are talking about two different ships. The "Freedom" in Port Canaveral will not be the Carnival Freedom, but rather the Freedom of the Seas.

The Carnival Pride will be going to Baltimore year round. The Carnival Conquest is not going to Los Angeles, the Carnival Splendor is.

RCCL's Freedom of the Seas might be moved when RCCL launches its brand new "Oasis of the Seas", their largest ship yet. It would make sense if they are bringing it to sail out of Miami, to move the Freedom of the Seas somewhere else.:D

Someone's PVP told them New Orleans will have a 7 day ship. Fantasy schedule also abruptly stops the end of 2009, so something is going to happen. Demand seems so much weaker out of New Orleans compared to Galveston for instance, hard to guess. Wait and see attitude time.

I really think people are underestimating New Orleans. If Carnival would give the city a chance to prove itself, I am pretty sure they would be pleasantly surprised. C'mon Carnival, give New Orleans the Glory (or any other 7 day ship)!

RCCL's Freedom of the Seas might be moved when RCCL launches its brand new "Oasis of the Seas", their largest ship yet. It would make sense if they are bringing it to sail out of Miami, to move the Freedom of the Seas somewhere else.:D

Just FYI....RCCI is already showing Freedom of the Seas cruises out of Port Canavarel on their website....so it's a done deal.....;)

Hi,

Princess does not sail out of the Port of Miami. They sail out of Ft. Lauderdale instead.:)

NCL has the Jewel sailing out of Miami on a 9 day Southern Caribbean. It is a great itinerary. :)

Oops - that is correct, Princess does sail out of Ft. Lauderdale. :o

Archived