Glory leaving PC?

taffy12

RCCL's Freedom of the Seas might be moved when RCCL launches its brand new "Oasis of the Seas", their largest ship yet. It would make sense if they are bringing it to sail out of Miami, to move the Freedom of the Seas somewhere else.:D

The announcements have already been made. The Freedom OTS is moving to Port Canaveral after the Mariner OTS goes to Los Angeles. The Oasis OTS is going to Ft. Lauderdale.

It is the Liberty of the Seas, the one coming to homeport in Miami.

What is the Liberty of the Seas? The Liberty of the Seas already home ports in Miami. The Liberty of the Seas is not moving to Miami - it is already there, and has been since the summer of 2007 when it started sailing.

I thought Pride was moving to FLL Spring '09 when Conquest arrives in Long Beach? Or was it Miami?

The Splendor is going to Long Beach starting next April and staying there year round.

Pride going to Miami next April through August

What is the Liberty of the Seas? The Liberty of the Seas already home ports in Miami. The Liberty of the Seas is not moving to Miami - it is already there, and has been since the summer of 2007 when it started sailing.

The Liberty of the Seas is Royal Caribbean cruise line.

The Carnival Liberty is moved to Miami in May of this year

With Carnival Dream destined for Port Canaveral, I've heard a lot of speculation - some from people who seem pretty certain - that Glory is going to be moved. Does anyone know if there's any truth to this and when we might know for sure? I can see why they would move her, as seven-day itineraries usually start on Saturday and Sunday and PC can only handle one large ship each of those days (it'll be Freedom and Dream starting next fall), but with Dream set to launch in the fall of '09 and the Carnival site still showing dates for Glory out of PC through April '10, I'm clinging to some hope that they'll keep her around...

Carnival is keeping Glory at least through early 2010 in PC and adding Dream in 2010. The Freedom is not Carnival (it's Freedom of the Seas -RCCL)

Carnival is keeping Glory at least through early 2010 in PC

So, do you have a source saying the Dream wouldnt be taking over the Glory's iteneries? and the Glory wouldnt go elsewhere.

Could you provide a link to the information you have?

The Liberty of the Seas is Royal Caribbean cruise line.

The Carnival Liberty is moved to Miami in May of this year

I know the Liberty of the Seas belongs to Royal Caribbean. I was replying to the following post by floridacruiser63 ...

It is the Liberty of the Seas, the one coming to homeport in Miami.
Who was responding to my post ...

The announcements have already been made. The Freedom OTS is moving to Port Canaveral after the Mariner OTS goes to Los Angeles. The Oasis OTS is going to Ft. Lauderdale.
I never mentioned the Liberty of the Seas and I did not understand floridacruiser63 post - and I still don't.

Im confused I think? Carnival has announced the Dream will be home ported in Port Canaveral, but they havent announced the date.

Freedom will be year round out of Ft. Lauderdale right, or am I confused here? Its being pulled from Europe I think I saw to do year round out of Ft. Lauderdale?

Most are guessing when the Dream comes the Glory will be pulled to another port, no net gain or loss ship wise to Port Canaveral. who knows.

Carnival Freedom in Ft. Lauderdale - Novemeber 2008 to April 2009 then to Europe and the back in November 2009

So, do you have a source saying the Dream wouldnt be taking over the Glory's iteneries? and the Glory wouldnt go elsewhere.

Could you provide a link to the information you have?

The new Carnival brochure shows Glory in PC through 2009 -

The had announced that the Dream would be based in PC starting in 2010 but nothing is hard and fast.

The new Carnival brochure shows Glory in PC through 2009 -

The had announced that the Dream would be based in PC starting in 2010 but nothing is hard and fast.

You say Carnival said the Dream will be based in PC starting in 2010. I asked you for the source of this info.

What I was asking about was how you knew for sure the Glory would still be there in 2010. The Orlando newspaper said that the Dream could arrive as soon as Oct 2009, so how do you know the Dream wouldnt take over for the Glory before 2010??

Carnival is keeping Glory at least through early 2010 in PC and adding Dream in 2010. The Freedom is not Carnival (it's Freedom of the Seas -RCCL)

what I was questioning was the date of 2010.

Here is my source for the 2009 date from Carnival.

Carnival Cruise Lines has announced that the new 130,000-ton Carnival Dream – the largest “Fun Ship” ever constructed – will be based at Port Canaveral, Fla., beginning in fall 2009

http://carnival-news.com/2008/04/23/new-130000-ton-carnival-dream-to-be-based-at-port-canaveral/

I really think people are underestimating New Orleans. If Carnival would give the city a chance to prove itself, I am pretty sure they would be pleasantly surprised. C'mon Carnival, give New Orleans the Glory (or any other 7 day ship)!

what they should do is make new orleans "clean up" and until then give savannah ga chance. a much cleaner city with just as much if not more to do.

Good grief, it appears the major cruise lines need to be unique with their naming! This is getting confusing, both Carnival and RCCL having a Liberty, Freedom, and so on!

You forgot Legend and Splendor. However, neither Carnival nor Royal Caribbean has a ship named "So On".

I might also add that Royal Caribbean goes to Carnival - the Radiance of the Seas will be in Rio Feb 22 - 24, 2009. And, Carnival goes to the Caribbean. Which just adds to the confusion.

Hi, I am very curious. I was planning on booking the Glory in the next few days for next June out of PC. We chose that port for convience of my parents living near Olrando. Were are they thinking of moving her to? That may alter my decision on my cruise. Any info much appreciated.

Hi, I am very curious. I was planning on booking the Glory in the next few days for next June out of PC. We chose that port for convience of my parents living near Olrando. Were are they thinking of moving her to? That may alter my decision on my cruise. Any info much appreciated.

Based on the information from the Carnival website ...

http://www.carnival.com/find_a_cruise/search_results.aspx?SaveSearchToProfile=true&src=qp&startDate=06/01/2009&cruiseMonth=June&endDate=06/30/2009&embkCode=PCV&portName=Port%20Canaveral%20(Orlando),%20FL

The Carnival Glory will be sailing from Port Canaveral in June 2009.

I admire your faith, but that doesn't mean anything. Just ask anyone who booked June 09 on the Freedom in Europe.

The Dream is not supposed to arrive until fall 2009, as many here have stated. So next June there should be no change. If there is a change, at most you might get the Dream instead of the Glory and your booking transferred to a newer ship, but that is very unlikely to happen June 09.

Have you read thru this thread?? How would changing to a newer ship change your mind, in the very unlikely event there was a change of ships. I dont get it? Most are booking Nov 09 in the hopes of Glory being replaced by Dream, they are hoping for it, not trying to avoid it.

Archived