CONFIRMED Infant Pool on Enchantment allows swim diapers

On the Fam board, we keep a list of ships that allow swim diapers in a small infant water area (no we aren't talking about the main pool ;) )

We knew that RCCL Freedom, Liberty, Independece of the Seas has these pools (Baby Zones)

Thanks to a parent at the Fam board, we got pictures of a Infant Pool on Enchanment of the Seas and I wanted RCCL to CONFIRM it.

At first they denied it existed :rolleyes: So I sent pictures and got this email...

Dear Ms. XXXXXX:

Thank you for your email. We apologize for the delay in our response.

We have contacted the Enchantment of the Seas who confirms the use of the baby splash zone for infants in diapers. Please keep in mind that this is subject to change.

Ms. XXXXXX, thank you for choosing Royal Caribbean International.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Representative

eewwwwiiee!!! I wouldn't want my baby swimming in a pool putting there little fingers in the water and then in their mouths while other babies in diapers were pee'ing and pooping in their diapers in that same water.

Call me crazy, but I feel safer knowing the kid is in a diaper and its somewhat being contained in the diaper than I do a potty trained 3+ year old who you KNOW is peeing in the pool!

The swim diapers only hold in solids. Pee goes right through. Regular diapers fall apart.

Call me crazy, but I feel safer knowing the kid is in a diaper and its somewhat being contained in the diaper than I do a potty trained 3+ year old who you KNOW is peeing in the pool!

The controversy over babies in swim diapers being allowed in pools has nothing to do with a concern about urine. The problem has to do with fecal matter escaping the swim diapers, contaminating the pool, and causing illness.

Shallow baby pools are a great solution as the babies are not likely to be immersed under the water and therefore swallowing contaminated pool water.

Heh, reminds of our Carnival Legend cruise this past Spring. We ended up having a floater (think of Caddyshack, only it wasn't a Baby Ruth) in the main pool halfway through the cruise. They drained the pool and had workers in hazmat suits scrubbing the whole thing with disinfectant. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me then to get pictures. ;)

Not Dr, didn't even play one on television, but I think urine not nearly the same problem as fecal matter.

Plus, I don't know anyone who actually admits to wearing them, but I would imagine those things would be awfully uncomfortable if they were really really wet,

eewwwwiiee!!! I wouldn't want my baby swimming in a pool putting there little fingers in the water and then in their mouths while other babies in diapers were pee'ing and pooping in their diapers in that same water.

This "splash zone" is not a pool and doesn't have one. It is an area with different water events....splashing, raining, running through sprinklers, etc. There is no pool to be contaminated. There are places where they can fill a small bucket and pour it out, float little toys like ships and fish in tray/trough arrangements. There is no contamination possibilities involved. Simply a place where you can get wet....

more trouble.. babies in swimmers/diapers/panties do not

belong in ANY public pools... that is stated for SAFETY REASONS

NOT OUT OF MALICE...

I don't understand this comment. Every community pool I have been to allows swim diapers. Every hotel allows swim diapers. Is the problem that the cruise ships don't clorinate properly? Also...you know the option is for parents to just put a suit on those little kids and hope for the best! At least the swim diaper catches some! FYI I don't have little kids, but we go to a lot of pools in our community and all of them allow swim diapers.

I don't understand this comment. Every community pool I have been to allows swim diapers. Every hotel allows swim diapers. Is the problem that the cruise ships don't clorinate properly? Also...you know the option is for parents to just put a suit on those little kids and hope for the best! At least the swim diaper catches some! FYI I don't have little kids, but we go to a lot of pools in our community and all of them allow swim diapers.

These pools are not like large community swimming pools. They are very small, most are filled with sea water. They would be very easy to contaminate and this is just not safe.

And we are NOT talking about urine. Any fecal matter escaping into the pool would be a health hazard to those swimming in it.

No chlorine in most ship’s pools. As one who is not allowed to use a pool, I am fine with that. No the line doesn’t ban me – my MD does. (Not safe for me.) If I want to be wet, I just take a shower.

Do we know for a fact that cruise ships don't use chlorine??? That's sick and if true...I take back my comments. I may just be using the shower instead of the pool! Yuck!

I don't know know where people get the idea that ships don't use chlorine in the pools. I e-mailed RCI about their pools, and I received a response that all pools use sea water and are kept to a specific pH ( I forget what it is) by using chlorine/bromine.

BUT, you are still talking a very small pool, so even a little contamination is too much if we are talking fecal matter.

This "splash zone" is not a pool and doesn't have one. It is an area with different water events....splashing' date=' raining, running through sprinklers, etc. There is no pool to be contaminated. There are places where they can fill a small bucket and pour it out, float little toys like ships and fish in tray/trough arrangements. There is no contamination possibilities involved. Simply a place where you can get wet....[/quote']

Sorry, you are right. I use the word "pool" but only in the most generic form of the word. Your description is right on.

Archived