CCL Stock In Decline

fireman845

[quote name='JunPOA']I sold my CCL back in DEC when it was at what I think was annual highest for '08 @ around 51 or so.
Now its more affordable - but what is the minimum # of shares I have to buy to get the oBC - sorry this is probbaly a redundant question been asked 10K X on this board.:D[/QUOTE]

100 shares

[quote name='u4ea']Has Carnival Corp stopped ordering new ships?:confused: (besides the ones currently on order) Anyone know?
Mark...[/quote]
[URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=806710[/URL]

Read this on the Seabourne board yesterday - "Yachts of Seabourne" orders two new ships for 2010 & 2011 - as you're probbaly aware Seabourne is owned by CCL - so there you go....

Leah, RN

Yes, the value of my 100 shares of CCL has gone down since I bought it in April. Am I concerned? Not really, since I bought it for the long haul and the shipboard credit anyway. If it were stock in only one line, yes, I'd be nervous, but look at how many different lines are under that one banner, (including some that I've never even heard of) and whose operations are probably only marginally affected by the current U.S. economy. While I'm no economist, by any stretch, I'm pretty sure the whole company isn't going under any time soon.
Bummer the dividends won't be higher, but I'm pretty sure, with so few shares, that I'm never going to be able to retire on them anyway, no matter how high the stock goes up, eventually.

[quote name='Palms2Pines2Sea'][SIZE=3]Back to the original topic.......[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]CCL stock hit it's 52-week low at approx 1PM today.[/SIZE][/quote]

Hmm, I guess it was good that I called my broker this am to make a purchase.

on Thursday. Now that's 40% off it's high. the market isn't that far off. The annual dividend is close to 20% if it remains the same based on current purchase price. Micky night be down to being a millionaire but the dividends keep him in style.

on Thursday. Now that's 40% off it's high. the market isn't that far off. The annual dividend is close to 20% if it remains the same based on current purchase price. Micky night be down to being a millionaire but the dividends keep him in style.

Bought at that price.

If there a place to e-mail proof of the holdings to get the OBC?

CCL made a FIVE year low today by a smidge. I'm not buying it until it stops going down.
I have to see my Wachovia financial guy tomorrow anyway ... think I'm gonna ask him about buying some of this.

Trust me, it will come back up. And how nice it would be to get it at a steal right now.

Now airline stocks ... those are a different story. I'd never buy them. If someone likes to cruise, they're not going to stop cruising just because related costs go up. They'll find a way to continue to take their cruises, even if it means for right now having to come down the ladder in accommodations, length of cruise, whatever. For the short-term the cruise lines may wind up having to "subsidize" the related costs by offering either cheaper cruises or included airfare to get to the boat, but just give them time ... the cruise lines will figure something out; i.e., run their own airline charters, home port, whatever.

But people can very well avoid flying very easily. They can take vacations closer to home or even "staycations." They can drive to their vacations even if it means an extra two days at either end on the road. But the bottom line is that flying is not a pleasurable experience that people won't give up. They will avoid it very easily if they want to ... as I will after this year. No more flying for me (at least not for vacations) until things stabilize in the airline industry.

Blue skies ...

--rita

We bought at $19.50 right after 9/11 so if it gets back down to $20, I will buy more!!
I'll be right there with you. This is exactly the best time to buy stocks ... as long as you are very, very careful in terms of what company's stocks you buy. I honestly think the cruise industry is a safe bet and their stocks will come right back up again. Then we'll make a lot of money! More cruises! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Blue skies ...

--rita

I have to see my Wachovia financial guy tomorrow anyway ... think I'm gonna ask him about buying some of this.

Trust me, it will come back up. And how nice it would be to get it at a steal right now.

Now airline stocks ... those are a different story. I'd never buy them. If someone likes to cruise, they're not going to stop cruising just because related costs go up. They'll find a way to continue to take their cruises, even if it means for right now having to come down the ladder in accommodations, length of cruise, whatever. For the short-term the cruise lines may wind up having to "subsidize" the related costs by offering either cheaper cruises or included airfare to get to the boat, but just give them time ... the cruise lines will figure something out; i.e., run their own airline charters, home port, whatever.

But people can very well avoid flying very easily. They can take vacations closer to home or even "staycations." They can drive to their vacations even if it means an extra two days at either end on the road. But the bottom line is that flying is not a pleasurable experience that people won't give up. They will avoid it very easily if they want to ... as I will after this year. No more flying for me (at least not for vacations) until things stabilize in the airline industry.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Very good logic:)

but I'm afraid you will have to change the last line to Blue waters:D

Bought at that price.

If there a place to e-mail proof of the holdings to get the OBC?

I always fax mine and request a conformation by email http://library.corporate-ir.net/library/14/140/140690/items/287713/Carn_Benefit.pdf

The return email is WorldCruiseReservations@HollandAmerica.com and the email is signed by

Karen Stuart

World Cruise Reservations

Archived