Can a booking be switched from one TA to a different one?

Go-Bucks!

I used an online TA who said the only way they would give any OBC is if they can "add" us to a group. It's been 6 months now and so far we haven't been added.

In the meantime, I met a very nice TA who said she will provide OBC and I really like and trust her. Can I switch my booking to the new gal? The first TA hasn't done anything for us or ever contacted us at all since the booking.

Yes you can! You have to have your TA now release your booking back to the cruiseline... then the cruiseline will transfer your booking to the TA of your choice. I have just done this. It wasn't fun having my old TA release it, but she finally did and all is settled now. Good luck.

I agree it can be done, we just went thru the process then decided to stay with current TA only because we had booked the cruise pre 11/07 and therefor are exempt from the fuel surcharge. To transfer it would have been regarded as a new booking and the fuel surcharge would have applied.

Yes you can! You have to have your TA now release your booking back to the cruiseline...
That is the hard, if not impossible part. Depending upon the situation, you may need to actually cancel your booking (not always feasible/practicable) and re-book with the new agent.

Good Luck!

We cancelled a cruise some years ago, when we found we were being charge $1000 more by a TA. We let the TA know why we were cancelling. She did try to add a fee to our new booking which our new TA got cancelled for us.

We felt at the time, the old TA was a crook. We had treated her well and felt she was trying to take advantage so we cancelled and never went back.

Yes you can! You have to have your TA now release your booking back to the cruiseline... then the cruiseline will transfer your booking to the TA of your choice. I have just done this. It wasn't fun having my old TA release it, but she finally did and all is settled now. Good luck.

Most TAs wouldnt release the bookings just so you can get a better price. Why would they willingly give up their commission??

You are asking them to take money out of their pocket so you can put money into your pocket. If you think its just a matter of asking, you are in for a surprise.

As someone else said sure you can cancel if its way in advance, but you will lose whatever price you booked at if its gone up and might have to pay a cancel fee.

Most TAs wouldnt release the bookings just so you can get a better price. Why would they willingly give up their commission??

You are asking them to take money out of their pocket so you can put money into your pocket. If you think its just a matter of asking, you are in for a surprise.

As someone else said sure you can cancel if its way in advance, but you will lose whatever price you booked at if its gone up and might have to pay a cancel fee.

Just curious - are you a TA? Your answer sounds like you are.

We just placed our reservations online on the RCCL site, only because when I was surfing, the D2 balcony on Voyager dropped $220/pp ! I saw they had a 24 hr hold, and since it was midnight, didn't want to loose the price. When I talked to my TA the next morning he couldn't do anything unless I fill out a form from RCCL and transfer from them to him. Questions-will my original reservation and price stay the same or will it be rebooked? Does RCCL charge for the transfer? Do TA's get commission on the original booked price or on the final, considering price drops?

I wish I could answer you. I decided to try to cancel a Princess and rebook with the new company, at $700. less per category. I lost my credits with Princess, they did make an offer but it would have cost me $200.

I sure hope this never happens to me again, but if it does, I will try the transfer. They do not like cancelations either.

Good luck with your decision.

We just placed our reservations online on the RCCL site, only because when I was surfing, the D2 balcony on Voyager dropped $220/pp ! I saw they had a 24 hr hold, and since it was midnight, didn't want to loose the price. When I talked to my TA the next morning he couldn't do anything unless I fill out a form from RCCL and transfer from them to him. Questions-will my original reservation and price stay the same or will it be rebooked? Does RCCL charge for the transfer? Do TA's get commission on the original booked price or on the final, considering price drops?

I cancelled a RCL cruise over this!!! I dont HAVE a fax machine. You can get the form snail mailed but it takes forever each way and they make it as hard as possible to transfer it to a TA. They kept telling me it was for my own good and protection they were making it so time consuming and difficult.

Carnival gives you a pin number you give to the TA and it is transferred, no problems.

We cancelled a cruise some years ago, when we found we were being charge $1000 more by a TA. We let the TA know why we were cancelling. She did try to add a fee to our new booking which our new TA got cancelled for us.

We felt at the time, the old TA was a crook. We had treated her well and felt she was trying to take advantage so we cancelled and never went back.

just curious if the $1,000 more was because she was selling the cruise at the cruise lines prices vs a TA that basically gives you back most of her commission (these discount TA's work on volume).

If the price was the same as the cruise line than I wouldn't call her a crook...Btw, I would have canceled to save $1,000.00.

I used an online TA who said the only way they would give any OBC is if they can "add" us to a group. It's been 6 months now and so far we haven't been added.

In the meantime, I met a very nice TA who said she will provide OBC and I really like and trust her. Can I switch my booking to the new gal? The first TA hasn't done anything for us or ever contacted us at all since the booking.

Maybe. IF the orginal TA will do it, you will have to write out the request to have it transferred and fax it to the original TA, maybe both. The original TA has to send it to the cruise line.

You will more than likely be charged a fee to do this. Now days transfers between TA's do not take place very often. Regardless, if you manage to transfer or cancel the majority will charge you a fee. Would the OBC be worth it and cover the fee ?

Some TA's do not want to handle the transfer and will only cancel the cruise. In this case you must rebook. You cannot be guaranteed the orginal price or cabin if you cancel. The cabin can be grabbed by someone else or held by the original TA.

Archived