Is this dress O.K.? maybe too prom

k.hill

I actually like this dress, but gawd,that is the most hideous eye makeup I've ever seen! (the dior dress)

The dress doesn't look that bad now that I see it on the OP..but I think now it's the color of the dress with her color that I don't find flattering. If that dress were in black, I think the contrast with her hari would be by far more striking and then it would work. But in the blue? Nope..can't change my mind on that one.

Then there is the issue of trying to match shoes with that color..and then we have the whole sandles and pantyhose debate to contend with. Tanned legs would not flatter the dress color either, IMO

Very good point...and....WHOA! That IS one ugly dress! :eek:

I don't think so. Too many here rave about their bargains for that to be an issue.

I didn't say people are looking just looking at a low number and and automatically thinking it's a cheap dress. I posed it as a question that doesn't necesarily need an answer since many have mentioned the $15. It was more wondering if that was a possibility.;)

I'm not defending the dress, it's not something I would wear. In case others have forgotten......"but now that I have it home I'm afraid that it's too young for me. You know...too much party/prom...not enough elegance/cruise." She didn't ask, does this look cheap, trashy, like a costume, etc? There are much kinder ways to tell her it might not be the best dress.:) :)

Archived