Let's try again - Is this dress O.K. or too young?

k.hill

Is this too young for 40 somthing, or can I get away with it? I thought maybe a little too promy/promish? Very open to honest opinions.

Other pic just doesn't really show what the dress actually looks like on me, so I'm trying again. Honest opinions are very welcome - after last picture being compared to streetwalker and mambo queen - nothing can phase me now. I have attached ACTUAL picture.

Let's try again - can I do this for fun/formal night...It is my 12th or so cruise and I am sooooo sick of boring black evening dresses and dresses that are just a couple steps away from maid of honor.

Thanks

1043255743_posscruisedresscompressed.jpg.0da66c162b3c8a9034e99a5281110f43.jpg

I think that dress looks great and is very flattering on you and would be a fun option for a formal night. If it was me, I would wear some silver or neutral colored shoes rather than black. Have a GREAT time!!

sorry. While I think the color is lovely, the cut doesn't look all that flattering to me. I dunno, I just keep thinking "yeah it'll be okay as long as you don't wear any fruit on your head.

On the other hand, if you are comfortable in it, and like it, what's it matter. I tend to lean towards the school of thought, if you have to ask ... you probably already know the answer.

As far as your question... Is it too young for a 40 something, absolutley not. Does it flatter your figure, yes it does. Although you might see a young girl wear this to a prom, so what.... Is that not true of many formal gowns?

As far as your question on the color... Nice color, not too bright and from what I can see from your skin tone, it is a good choice.

The rest is very subjective. A gown style that I may love, the next person may hate. There really is no right or wrong answer, it just depends on personal taste. You are going to get a variety of responses. Myself, I like the style, it is fun, flirty and a little different. Now and then I pick something unusual but usually go for a more flowly and elegant gowns...that just my personality showing through in the gown. Still, If I wanted something fun then I would wear your choice wihtiut hesitation and I am 50!

In the end you have to make the decision for yourself when you look in the mirror if it is a style you like and one you would enjoy wearing. BTW would not go with a black shoe either!

That dress looks great on you!!!:D

I personally love dresses that are a bit different from what others are wearing.

Love the color and the way it fits.....looks like it is actually comfortable too!

I still think it is to young. Maybe because I have DD's that wear them and I try to be fashionable without looking like them.

The side pic makes it look like it fits but the front shot makes it look like the belly is tight. The shinyness of the fabric accentuates it.

Kelly

Archived