Flight Delayed For Today - Not Going To Make The Ship - Devestated

IMSAILING

Our flight for this morning from Toronto to Miami has been delayed - we will not make the ship - no other flights available - 1st port of call tomorrow is Half Moon Cay - no airport -

Cancelling trip - working with Carnival and Airline for refund.

This was to be my DH and I second cruise - first cruise for my parents

They sure are going to look twice when I show up at the office on Monday

DEVESTATED

Trying to get on the Valor for tomorrow -and go on our delayed flight for today - but if you can believe this - Carnival's web booking site is down until 7:00 a.m. - what a roller coaster of emotions

Lesson Learned - NEVER fly in the day of - *SIGH*

I would have thought there was another flight available to you from such a big city. I'm sorry for what you're going through.

I've gambled, and won, several times on flying in the same day, but this is a good reminder of why it's not worth the gamble.

I hope you get another cruise arranged soon. And thanks for the lesson you've shared. :o

With it being the summer there are fewer flights to Miami - We were originally going to book the Valor for tomorrow - but couldn't get a flight - we will just get there and worry about getting home later - If we are able to get on the boat tomorrow

My DH and I were flying down the day of, back in 2002 and never again. We had an early morning flight, seemed safe enough to me .....but after take off our landing gear wouldn't go up so they flew back to the airport. We waited till they decided that the problem could not be fixed. They said to get off and check for another flight. well the next flight to get us in time was FULL. This is where the heart attach begins.

After a very stressfull couple hours they changed to a larger plane and were able to get us all on. But then I stressed about our luggage the whole time. To my amazement :eek: it was the first luggage off the plane, I could have passed out right there.

We made it to the ship with 30 minutes to spare! Never will I ever go down the same day even when we drive to the port.

Trisha

Trying to get on the Valor for tomorrow -and go on our delayed flight for today - but if you can believe this - Carnival's web booking site is down until 7:00 a.m. - what a roller coaster of emotions

Lesson Learned - NEVER fly in the day of - *SIGH*

Yep..tough lesson to learn....I live in Florida and drive to the ports (all are less than 4 1/2 hours away) and I leave the day before driving.....Hope you bought insurance.......Or something works out in a hurry.....;)

It was actually a problem with the plane - so they had to get another plane. Now we wont find out from carnival if we can get on the Valor until 9:00 - SO leaving the house at 8:30 - going to call the travel agent at 9:15. Lucky for us she is a family friend - so she didn't mind the call at 2:50 this morning. Tired - Grumpy - But Hopefull

It was actually a problem with the plane - so they had to get another plane. Now we wont find out from carnival if we can get on the Valor until 9:00 - SO leaving the house at 8:30 - going to call the travel agent at 9:15. Lucky for us she is a family friend - so she didn't mind the call at 2:50 this morning. Tired - Grumpy - But Hopefull

Let us know the outcome..:)

23_33_15.gif

Oh geez, good luck. Can you get into Fort Lauderdale????? :(

We tried several options - nothing was going to work

We are going to get on the road to the airport here in a half hour - then Carnival will have it's system open at 9 and will find out if we can get on Valor -so we will take our original flight that is now leaving at 1:20 and stay over in Miami

Hoping it all works out - if you don't hear from me you'll know it worked out -Trying to stay positive

I have a friend who called me from the Toronto airport at 7 am today - she is on the same flight which has been delayed to 1:15 today..........was suppose to leave at 6:30 am. They are on the Triumph tomorrow so the delay is a pain but they know they will make the cruise. I so hope everything works out for you guys..........let us know.

Archived