Specialty Restaurant Reservations

msuweather

We are taking our first Princess Cruise next week. Very interested in trying out either the steak house or the italian place just haven't decided which.

How would we make reservations? Do we do this before we leave or after we get on the boat?

Also, does anyone prefer one over the other?

Thanks in advance for all advice. :D

If you want the best dining times, you should make your reservation as soon as you board. There will be a table set up in front of Sabatini's, on deck 7 aft of the atrium, and they will be taking bookings there for both restaurants. So far as I know, you can't book online prior to boarding.

I preferred Sterlings over Sabatini's, mainly because I like steak more than Italian, but the evening with our group of 8 at Sabatini's was a great experience.

Depending on the ship, you can call the concierge service or stop by the restaurant and book the time you want. Do it as soon as possible as some nights are booked up quickly.

Everyone has a different opinion as to which is better as food is very subjective and everyone's tastes are different. The steakhouse offers a great dining experience with great appetizers (I love the jumbo shrimp -- they're huge), soup (the French onion is excellent) and, of course, the steak. There are quite a few steak cuts available in different sizes and they will be cooked to your exact preference. And then there's the dessert, if you have room for it. Sabattini's is not your typical Italian restaurant so don't think of piles of spaghetti and chicken parmagiana. It's a different kind of dining experience where you order your entree and then they start bringing course after course after course of appetizers, soup, etc. Someone said in another thread that there are 27 courses -- I wouldn't be surprized. Each "course" is small with just a few bites for each person but there are a lot of them! It doesn't seem to end and when you think you're full, the entree comes. Plan on being there for at least two hours, frequently longer.

It's really up to you which type of dining experience you prefer.

During my cruise in May we boarded early (12N) and by the time we made it up to Sabatini's (1pm) ( on this cruise the reservation tables had been moved up onto the lido deck) a significant number of the later dining times had already been taken. There were plenty of reservations still available, but make your reservations as soon as you board, to make sure you get the night and time you want.

We are taking our first Princess Cruise next week. Very interested in trying out either the steak house or the italian place just haven't decided which.

How would we make reservations? Do we do this before we leave or after we get on the boat?

Also, does anyone prefer one over the other?

Thanks in advance for all advice. :D

Once in your cabin call the DINE line from your cabin phone to make a res.

Sabatinis's is a must do at least once. :)

Archived