RevNeal's LIVE Eurodam Report

RevNeal

I remember that I just gotten off a very long flight from Hawaii and was connecting in Atlanta to go home. A woman and her 4 year old sat behind me and the child began to kick my seat.

After politely asking the mother to control her son several times she finally replied that he could do whatever he wanted.

I got up from my seat and asked the man sitting behind the mother if I could borrow his seat for a few moments. He grinned and said 'be my guest'.

It was amazing how quickly the mother got her child under control. ;)

Joyce -- Almost finished packing

excellent! :D :D

I must remember that--I usually just give them a glare that causes nightmares for years to come....

I remember that I just gotten off a very long flight from Hawaii and was connecting in Atlanta to go home. A woman and her 4 year old sat behind me and the child began to kick my seat.

After politely asking the mother to control her son several times she finally replied that he could do whatever he wanted.

I got up from my seat and asked the man sitting behind the mother if I could borrow his seat for a few moments. He grinned and said 'be my guest'.

OMG that is so funny!

Glad you've safely arrived on the other side of the pond, Greg! It's 11:29 PM your time, so I'm sure you're fast asleep by now...enjoy the dedication tomorrow, and we all look forward to your reports!

so glad to see that you made it safely, Greg! By any chance, the screaming baby wasn't being held by an older sibling who kicked your seat for the entire flight, was he? I was so disappointed when they weren't behind us again on our last flight ;)

Nope ... not this time. No kids kicking the back of my seat. Ugh! I've had some pretty poor luck when it comes to kids screaming, kicking the back of seats, spitting milk into the air, picking their nose and throwing boogers around. :D Yes ... happens. I try to remember that they're children, I used to be a children (:D), and that I probably deserve it.

By contrast, there was a young boy and girl in seats a few rows further back in the center section. They were quiet the entire flight, spending the time watching the children's TV channels and playing the in-flight games. I was deeply impressed with how well behaved they were! :D

Greg, I too am glad that all of you arrived safely. Now go to bed and get a good nights rest, even though I am about to have lunch:D

Lisa ... your ears must have been burning! We talked about you for a while at lunch in Heathrow ... about your long list of things you want Bill to buy for you and about how he's going to have to print out the picture and go and try to get the exact right angle so he can figure out what it is you precisely want!!!!! :D Among many other things, that made for a good laugh by all! THANK you! We had you with us in spirit!!! :D

Ugh ... it's now 11:42. Time for this pooped pastor to get some sleep. I've tried to stay up so that I will sleep a full night and be re-adjusted to the time change. It's critical, I know, to make this change now rather than wait. Still, it's tough.

Nite, all!

Lisa ... your ears must have been burning! We talked about you for a while at lunch in Heathrow ... about your long list of things you want Bill to buy for you and about how he's going to have to print out the picture and go and try to get the exact right angle so he can figure out what it is you precisely want!!!!! :D Among many other things, that made for a good laugh by all! THANK you! We had you with us in spirit!!! :D

Ugh ... it's now 11:42. Time for this pooped pastor to get some sleep. I've tried to stay up so that I will sleep a full night and be re-adjusted to the time change. It's critical, I know, to make this change now rather than wait. Still, it's tough.

Nite, all!

Greg, beside talking about me :D Please have a few drinks in my honor. I will be thinking of all of you:) BTW Thanks to both of you ;)

Oh boy new Live From threads to keep up with for the next few weeks:) . I'm sure it will be almost like being there (ok so probably not the same :( but it's all I've got this time so the more threads the better).

Greg - Glad you got there in one piece and can't wait to read more from you and the others about this trip. I think there are a couple of your ports on my cruise next year so looking especially looking forward to your posts from Norway and Scotland. Have fun and say Hi for me to the other alumni from our SA/A cruise!

Rev Neal, I always so enjoy your cruise reports and pictures (and I love reading "the Happy Wanderer's reports as well:) ). It is always so nice to be on a virtual cruise. I really hope that one of these days we can cruise with you.

Our family loved Rotterdam when we visited a few years ago, it is a very interesting city and the buildings are amazing.

Have a very wonderful and safe cruise and I look forward to readng EVERYONE"S perspective. I really wish I were there with you.

PS I know what you mean about the little ones kicking the back of your airplane seat, and screaming baby, have been there and done that too. Hopefully, it will not be that way on the way home but we won't even think about that now! Have fun!!

Linda

Oh, Greg, so happy you made it safely across the waters and you're actually there. For me sitting at home it's like only an instant.

This will be such fun travelling along with you. Loved this post today ... I could feel the level of excitement in your words.

Have a wonderful time tomorrow for the Christening ceremonies! I so hope the live webcast on the HAL site works ... so looking forward to it! It starts at 9:45 a.m. here in the east.

Happy you are safely in Holland......

Hope you enjoy Amsterdam and Rotterdam as much as we have in the past. We love Holland...

Have the best time and we'll look forward to hearing about it all.

Hi Greg:

I'm so happy that everyone has arrived safely: albeit a little travel worn, but that's to be expected. Lucky Heather (in Florida) who doesn't have to log on until 9:45 a.m. for tomorrow's ceremonies. Here in the west we have to be up by 6:45 a.m. I just hope that I remember to log on!:rolleyes:

I am so looking forward to reading all the posts from the Eurodam since I still have 2-1/2 months 'till the ms Amsterdam's Grand Asia Australia cruise sets sail, and I know that your posts are going to whet my appetite.

Have a wonderful day tomorrow and know that all of us "back home" are indeed green with envy.

Valerie:)

OMG That's the best idea I have heard in a long time! I wish I had heard it last week when the little dear behind me used my seat back for a drum!!!

Greg~I'm really anxious to hear your reports.

Dianne

YOU are special!! I won't forget that one...

Correct!

Hey, we were all computer idiots once! This is a sign that you're making progress!! :D :D

20 years ago a VERY smart man who spent 10 or 12 hours a day on the computer told me "every day they make so many new things you get dumber, % wise of the total knowledge".:mad:

There are more people creating new things now than then which does not sound like any of us know anywhere near everything.:eek:

"every day they make so many new things you get dumber, % wise of the total knowledge".:mad:
This reminds me of another saying: An expert is a man who learns more and more about less and less until he knows everything about nothing! :D

Good MORNING from glorious Rotterdam!

Ah, what a wonderful night's sleep! There's nothing like getting a full 8 or 9 hours after an exhausting 36 hours of nearly constant activity (traveling). I got up about 8:30 am local time, puttered around the room for a bit, took a shower, searched through one of my bags for my dress shoes (found them in the last place I looked ... amazing how that happens!) and put things back into order. About 9 am I turned on BBC News and woke up Christopher; he got ready, and then we went up to the 7th floor, where we had breakfast on the dining room balcony overlooking the lovely cityscape of Rotterdam. The food was excellent, and the place wasn't crowded. No Dutch Rats (see Brian's thread), but there was one girl with huge round eyes who kept toddling over to look up at me as I sipped my coffee. I smiled at her, and her mother came over and took her hand to lead her back to their table. She stayed there for , maybe, 5 minutes, then wandered back over to stand at the side of my table, looking at up at me with those big round blue eyes. Such a sweet, quiet, adorable little girl. The mother came over again and apologized for her daughter (in French). Christopher interpreted for me, since my French is limited to several naughty words and some Latin rooted theological terms.

Now I'm sitting in my room, watching BBC 2 and reading my e-mails. In an hour or so we'll start getting ready for the ceremony. We'll Taxi from here down to the ship terminal, timing it to get there about 2:30 pm ... in time for the Champaign reception. :)

Greg,

Welcome to sunny and warm Rotterdam.

(I hope a room without AC is o.k.?)

There couldnot be a better day for dedication with some functions outsiude.

Say Hi to Jim, Donna, Bill and Virginia.

See you all tomorrow.

Greg, Thanks sooo much for sharing your story and (pics to come ;) ;) ). I am sooo looking forward to it! I know between both you and Brian I will be enjoying this trip!!!

Again... Thanks for making the time and have the time of your life!!!

God Bless

Greg, It's so nice to hear you and Christopher are all ready for the day's events. At least the lovely little girl didn't stand at your table side crying. I had that happen once in a restaurant and we couldn't get her to move. Say hi to the queen for me. I'll be watching from home and looking for that wave.

Good MORNING from glorious Rotterdam!

Ah, what a wonderful night's sleep! There's nothing like getting a full 8 or 9 hours after an exhausting 36 hours of nearly constant activity (traveling). I got up about 8:30 am local time, puttered around the room for a bit, took a shower, searched through one of my bags for my dress shoes (found them in the last place I looked ... amazing how that happens!) and put things back into order. About 9 am I turned on BBC News and woke up Christopher; he got ready, and then we went up to the 7th floor, where we had breakfast on the dining room balcony overlooking the lovely cityscape of Rotterdam. The food was excellent, and the place wasn't crowded. No Dutch Rats (see Brian's thread), but there was one girl with huge round eyes who kept toddling over to look up at me as I sipped my coffee. I smiled at her, and her mother came over and took her hand to lead her back to their table. She stayed there for , maybe, 5 minutes, then wandered back over to stand at the side of my table, looking at up at me with those big round blue eyes. Such a sweet, quiet, adorable little girl. The mother came over again and apologized for her daughter (in French). Christopher interpreted for me, since my French is limited to several naughty words and some Latin rooted theological terms.

Now I'm sitting in my room, watching BBC 2 and reading my e-mails. In an hour or so we'll start getting ready for the ceremony. We'll Taxi from here down to the ship terminal, timing it to get there about 2:30 pm ... in time for the Champaign reception. :)

Sounds like you and Christopher have had a lovely day already! Have a wonderful time at the ceremony, Greg. We'll all be glued to the computer screen stateside! ;)

It seems to have been a beautiful day there! We watched the

"streaming video", (thanks to SAIL pointing it out), and loved it... Just rememeber..we are counting on all of you "young'uns" to keep us up to date... L.B.:) :) :)

Archived