changing rooms amongst our group?

We have a group of 16 going and had to book the rooms in such a way that a 25 year old was in each room. That is not really the way we want to share rooms. Ex. we'd like to put the 19 and 14 year old brothers together. HOw can we do this? Will it be a problem to move people around once we are on board? We were able to do this easily in 2004, but not sure how much things have changed.

We are on the Liberty in August.

Thanks!

You can go to the front desk once you board and ask for 'spare cards' to the cabins, then give those to the people you want to switch around.

We have a group of 16 going and had to book the rooms in such a way that a 25 year old was in each room. That is not really the way we want to share rooms. Ex. we'd like to put the 19 and 14 year old brothers together. HOw can we do this? Will it be a problem to move people around once we are on board? We were able to do this easily in 2004, but not sure how much things have changed.

We are on the Liberty in August.

Thanks!

Are the cabins close to each other? RCI will allow the 19 & 14 yo in the same cabin as long as it is near (next to or across the hall) the parents' cabin. If this is the case, just tell them at the pier what you would like to do. They will accommodate you right there. Worst case scenario is you ask for extra keys to the cabins and give those to the appropriate people.

Just be mindful that they want an adult in each room. Switch around if you must but if issues arise they may not be happy that there are no adults in the room as required.

A girlfriend of mine took her son and his friend with her on a cruise. She booked herself in one cabin and her husband in the other. The two cabins were down the hall from one another. A pax complained about noise and the cabin steward happen to knock on the kids door. He found the two boys in the room, ages 16 and no adult. They actually called my girlfriend and made her son bunk in with her and the friend with her husband. They also made it clear to them that an adult had to be in the cabins.

When you check in, just tell them who will be where--there's no need to check in and THEN switch rooms. They don't care who sleeps where. That booking thing with having to have adults in a room is only to make sure there will be adults on the cruise! Do it when you check in, that way, everyone has the right keys from the get-go!

That booking thing with having to have adults in a room is only to make sure there will be adults on the cruise! Do it when you check in, that way, everyone has the right keys from the get-go!

You have to be 21 to go on a RCL cruise alone unless supervised by a parent or legal guardian in a near by cabin.

You can go to the front desk once you board and ask for 'spare cards' to the cabins, then give those to the people you want to switch around.

This is the "no-hassle" way to handle it. Let everyone keep his/her original SeaPass with charging privileges, then get an extra *room-only key* for everyone. Just be sure that your critters are responsible enough to keep track of both!!!!!

Just so I'm clear...

SailPass and roomkey are not the same thing? On Disney they were the same key.

We also have one son skipping out of our room to be elsewhere. :D

I'm starting to smell the ocean as I clear the work off my desk.....

Just so I'm clear...

SailPass and roomkey are not the same thing? On Disney they were the same key.

We also have one son skipping out of our room to be elsewhere. :D

I'm starting to smell the ocean as I clear the work off my desk.....

Sea pass and room key are the same. However, if you get an "extra" key for the room, it will be a key only and will not have charging privileges.

Archived