25 Year old Princess Patters and Menus

mikjr

I came across some vintage cruise items at an estate sale... they are from a 1973 Panama Canal cruise on the Island Princess, They include daily Patters and a few menus. Thought you'd like to take a look at the past.

Photos are located on photo bucket

http://s314.photobucket.com/albums/ll418/mikjr/PRINCESS/

Thanks. Very interesting. Some things never change. Bingo......twice a day. :D

Thanks for this post. My mother sailed on the old Island princess back in the 70's to alaska and after she died we found some of the menu's and princess patters. The menu's were absolutely beautiful; a work of art. The front of the menu's were copies of old paintings. They are a treasure to have.

Marilyn

I came across some vintage cruise items at an estate sale... they are from a 1973 Panama Canal cruise on the Island Princess, They include daily Patters and a few menus. Thought you'd like to take a look at the past.

Photos are located on photo bucket

http://s314.photobucket.com/albums/ll418/mikjr/PRINCESS/

Thanks for the memories!! We sailed from LA thru the canal to San Juan

on the Island Princess in April of '77. All cruises since have had to live

up to that exciting venture.

What do you guys keep as souveniers from the ship today?

All i keep is the cruise card. I used to keep the Patters for awhile after each cruise and then I just throw them away.

Marilyn

hey did you find anything that had prices on it? Love to see what the drink/wine costs were? How about bingo?

I didn't find anything with prices... but I did find a "Passenger List" booklet that listed the names and their city for every passenger on that cruise.

With privacy issues today, I don't think you'd ever see anything like that being printed and distributed on current cruises.

Thanks for sharing the Patters, as I was reading one of them I saw a listing for Trap Shoot. On my first cruise in 1976 on Carnival's Mardi Gras I remember them having Trap Shoots and Golfing off the back of the ship. Could you imagine that today?:eek:

Thanks again.

I didn't find anything with prices... but I did find a "Passenger List" booklet that listed the names and their city for every passenger on that cruise.

With privacy issues today, I don't think you'd ever see anything like that being printed and distributed on current cruises.

I had to laugh, because I guess if someone really wanted a list they could go cabin to cabin writing the names down :eek:

wow 35 year old menus and Patters. Pretty impressive. Thanks for posting them.

Bill

ooops... did I say 25 year old... I guess they are 35 years old!! I'm still stuck in 1998!

I thought it was funny to see that one of the entertainers in the show was a Jimmy Carter. Maybe he got a new career after being president! ;)

Actually, many of the activities are the same as now. Not much change since 1983. Those were really interesting to look at - thanks for posting.

I'm a sucker for that kind of stuff!

My mom still has a bunch of Sitmar "memorabilia" including old menus and activities from the Fairwind and Fairsea. Next time I visit I'll borrow them and scan them. I also remember the days of the passenger list.

Archived