another cabin selection question

poss

Sometimes I get the sense that the different "categories/prices" for the various cabins are more or less random.

Specifically: on the Voyager, suite 711 is same price as suite 656. I know that the lower decks are less expensive than higher up. So is it because 711 is considered less desirable because it's not mid-ship? Would being about half way up towards the bow make any real difference in view or stability?

In short, I'm able to book either 656 (above Latitudes-- not sure that'd be a good idea) or 711 (above aerobics-- should be fine).

Six of one half dozen of the other?

Thanks!

With Voyager I would always go , all other things equal, with a more forward cabin, so between those two cabins I would pick 711.

I don't want to start the whole discussion about "vibrations" again , but I was in Voyager this past November in cabin 644 and I could feel the jigling there. It was certainly not as bad as years before , when we were in cabin 667 (aft), but to me still very noticeable. I'm sure other people think I'm crazy. For example, my husband thought nothing of it!

So, if I ever book in Voyager again I would try one of the G category cabins on deck 7 toward the front, like 711.

656 is great; 711 is great. I would prefer 656 for quick access to aft stairwell and elevators. Quick run to La Verandah, Horizon, Compass Rose, Signatures, Latitudes. Also close to laundry. We were in 714 once for a transatlantic and had no problem with the seas; just a long walk everywhere.

I actually prefer the Cat H 663 - 671. I like the back stairwell for getting to Horizon Lounge. Convenience far outweighs the vibration. They are also about $1,000 cheaper for a two week cruise.

Sometimes I get the sense that the different "categories/prices" for the various cabins are more or less random.

Specifically: on the Voyager, suite 711 is same price as suite 656. I know that the lower decks are less expensive than higher up. So is it because 711 is considered less desirable because it's not mid-ship? Would being about half way up towards the bow make any real difference in view or stability?

In short, I'm able to book either 656 (above Latitudes-- not sure that'd be a good idea) or 711 (above aerobics-- should be fine).

Six of one half dozen of the other?

Thanks!

Poss -- There is a method to the categories/prices equation...

Generally, within a category the prime (?) cabins are mid-ship and then those same category cabins are forward and aft on the next deck up. It seems that on all ships the higher you go the more costly...just like in high-rise condos...when many travelers seems to prefer mid-ship and low.

On my eight cruises I've never had a problem with either height or location. However, between your two choices, my preference would be 711. I prefer being closer to the forward elevators, Observation Lounge, Gym and Theater (for lectures and nighttime activities)...plus the hallways seem more secluded. We were in 810 on our 2007 World Cruise and will be right across the hallway in 710 for Voyager's 2009 WC.

You won't go wrong with either choice.

Larry

Archived