Solstice Preview Tomorrow (July 8th) in Miami

Host Anne

[quote name='Host Anne']4Adam ~ I don't believe it's going to work that way. I don't think you are going to be able to switch back and forth between Blu and the Main Dining room. [SIZE=3][COLOR=red]Blu isn't a specialty restaurant ... it's a dining room [/COLOR][/SIZE]that AC passengers will be assigned for the entire cruise just like other who are assigned to a table in the main dining room for the entire cruise. I think if you switch to the main dining room, you'll probably be expected to dine there most of the time. I would guess that you could dine in Blu on a space available basis like suite guests but I don't think their plan is for AC guests to go back and for between Blu and the main dining room.

It'll be interesting to see how it all shakes out after the ship is sailing for awhile.[/quote]

[B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=navy]Anne, [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Arial][SIZE=3][COLOR=#000080]You make a very interesting point that Blu isn't a speciality restaurant. Many people are under the mistaken belief that Blu is a speciality restaurant like the others that the Solstice will have and charge a fee.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]

[quote name='Host Anne']Blu will now only be available to passengers booked in the Aqua Class staterooms (those folks will be assigned to this dining room - early or late seating) and then available to Suite guests on a space available basis. It will not be available to other passengers as originally thought. [/quote]

I wondered from the beginning what the reaction would be from suite pax when AQ pax have their own dining room while suite pax do not. This appears to be =X='s response to that. Limiting the available seats to suite pax makes practical sense since there are about 60 suite cabins which I believe will keep Blu booked solid without the management hassle of opening up the restaurant to all the other cabin classes. And it gives suite pax (at least some) access to this exclusive venue. It will be interesting to see how this plays itself out. :rolleyes:

If you are booked in an Aqua Class cabin and are assigned to Blu for dinner, there is a menu which features lighter, healthier options. But, will you still be able to choose food selections from the main dining room menus? If so, can I choose from the whole menu, or it is just a limited selection?

I can see myself wanting to have a healthy meal on one night, and be "bad" the next night. Or, just mix and match a healthy appetizer and/or dessert with a relatively unhealthy entree in the same meal. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

[quote name='rolfecms']I wondered from the beginning what the reaction would be from suite pax when AQ pax have their own dining room while suite pax do not. This appears to be =X='s response to that. Limiting the available seats to suite pax makes practical sense since there are about 60 suite cabins which I believe will keep Blu booked solid without the management hassle of opening up the restaurant to all the other cabin classes. And it gives suite pax (at least some) access to this exclusive venue. It will be interesting to see how this plays itself out. :rolleyes:[/quote]

If people are only going to be paying slightly more than the CC cabins I don't imagine it will be that much more "exclusive" anyway. I really thought the idea was for a more healthy alternative for people who are really interested in a spa oriented experience. It makes sense to me as well that if they are going to open it to other diners it would be the suite passengers.

I doubt that they will be bringing the Epernay menu to Blu, so it would be wise to choose your cabin based on your dining preferences if that is most important to you.

[SIZE=1][quote name='elephant98']If you are booked in an Aqua Class cabin and are assigned to Blu for dinner, there is a menu which features lighter, healthier options. But, will you still be able to choose food selections from the main dining room menus? If so, can I choose from the whole menu, or it is just a limited selection? I can see myself wanting to have a healthy meal on one night, and be "bad" the next night. Or, just mix and match a healthy appetizer and/or dessert with a relatively unhealthy entree in the same meal. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.[/quote][/SIZE]
I've read that Blu will offer both healthy and indulgent fare. You can view sample Blu menus at [URL]http://www.thepreismans.com/[/URL] - click on the Solstice tab and scroll down thru the initial pix.

[B][COLOR=teal]Yes, I have a feeling the dining rooms will have a similar food experience, but Blu will be a smaller venue so the food may be a little better just because there aren't as many to cook for. We'll just have to wait and see.[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='Ma Bell'][B][SIZE=1][COLOR=teal]Yes, I have a feeling the dining rooms will have a similar food experience, but Blu will be a smaller venue so the food may be a little better just because there aren't as many to cook for. We'll just have to wait and see.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/quote]

The concept of Blu has evolved from the original Solstice brochure that states "For those not traveling in AquaClass, reservations in Blu are based on availability and will be subject to an additional per person charge."

If there is now not going to be a supplemental charge for non-AQ pax, that also means the food/service does not necessarily need to meet the known level of =X='s other 'specialty' restaurants. Which may in practice lead to Blu cuisine that mimics the main dining room. I remain hopeful we'll be pleasantly surprised.

We recently introduced our friends of some 40 years to Cruising on a RCCL Radiance Cruise. They are going to be joining us on the Equinox TA next November.

Sue's biggest disppointment was being unable to visit Lattitudes for a special coffee drink after late seating and a show as they closed around 11.

Any idea as to how late Cova Cafe or some other venue will be open for late night specialty Coffee.???

I hate being the bearer of bad news as I know many really love the T-pools but I've learned that there definitely will not be T-pool on Solstice. The Solarium will be an adult-only area but there won't be a T-pool.

Thanks for your patience while we confirmed this info.

[quote name='hermang']We recently introduced our friends of some 40 years to Cruising on a RCCL Radiance Cruise. They are going to be joining us on the Equinox TA next November.
[/quote]

[B]We have a wonderful roll call for the Equinox November TA. Please come over and introduce yourself. [URL]http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=15415080#post15415080[/URL] We also have a very informative website.[/B]

[B]Garry[/B]

[quote name='Host Anne']I hate being the bearer of bad news as I know many really love the T-pools but I've learned that there definitely will not be T-pool on Solstice. The Solarium will be an adult-only area but there won't be a T-pool.

Thanks for your patience while we confirmed this info.[/quote]

Thanks for the update. I love the T-pool on Millennium and so did a whole bunch of other adults. I wonder what marketing genius decided to do away with something that the customers really liked.

[quote name='snorkler']WHAT IS A T-POOL? :confused:[/QUOTE]

It is a therapy type of pool. It has special jets of water that was like getting a massage. It also has a special roller bar type area to lay on. I think it was also heated and used salt water. Very relaxing.

[quote name='hermang']We recently introduced our friends of some 40 years to Cruising on a RCCL Radiance Cruise. They are going to be joining us on the Equinox TA next November.

Sue's biggest disppointment was being unable to visit Lattitudes for a special coffee drink after late seating and a show as they closed around 11.

Any idea as to how late Cova Cafe or some other venue will be open for late night specialty Coffee.???[/QUOTE]

Hi Hermang !

Last week, Celebrity announced that the Cova menu and hours will be expanded into "late night" They did not say exactly how late, but I am believe this will be the venue for late night coffee/snacks. I hope this helps. Enjoy your Cruise !

Any idea as to how late Cova Cafe or some other venue will be open for late night specialty Coffee.???[/quote]

I just received my Captains Club newsletter and there is an article about exactly this..Cova WILL be open late serving speciallty coffees AND specialty munchies as well for the late night crowd!

Did anyone hear anything about Celebrity changing the canapes served in Concierge class on Solstice? Just wondering as we are in concierge class on the November 30th sailing and it seems that everyone complains about how bad they are on the M class ships. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

[quote name='RachaelW']Did anyone hear anything about Celebrity changing the canapes served in Concierge class on Solstice? Just wondering as we are in concierge class on the November 30th sailing and it seems that everyone complains about how bad they are on the M class ships. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]We've always cancelled the standard fare and ordered a cheese plate instead. I'm sure the same option will be available again.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks Anne for checking on the indoor pool--wonder what it will be like--just an indoor pool I guess or is that the lap pool previously advertised?

Odd that a ship with a spa class accomodation will not have a T- pool somewhere...but for us not a deal breaker.. stiil favor the Mercury T pool & hope I get to use it once or twice before we lose that ship or the pool...

Is Solstice having a Cova or will ther be just the new named cafe? Having late night goodies & sweets is a great idea!

I think I was one of the one's asking about the Spa Pool/T-Pool to be asked at the Miami meeting. We do love the M-Class T-Pool, but you can tell from my upcoming cruises list below that I'm not letting it interfere!

I'm sure I'll find another venue that I can't live without that is only on the Solstice Class!

Denny

Hello everyone ~ a couple of my thoughts from last weeks' visit in Miami

Blu will have it's own menu and I'm thinking that you will not be able to order from the main dining room if you are assigned to Blu. At least I'm guessing (I didn't ask about this) that they'll want to keep it that way. I don't think it's practical to be offering a variety of menus in Blu. Take a look at the menus posted by Mike and Carol Preiseman and you'll notice the difference in the sample menus. At least at the outset, I'd plan on different menus for Blu and the main dining room.

I was specifically told that the plan definitely changed in opening up Blu on a space available basis to all passengers. Originally, they planned to do so but that was changed to Aqua Spa guests with availability to suite passengers only on a space available basis. Like anything, you may see this adjusted again once the ship is sailing and they see how it all works out. Remember, Celebrity has never sailed a ship with so many dining options. There are bound to be changes once the ship sails and they have a chance to see how everything is working.

hcat ~ the Coffee lounge that has been the Cova on the other Celebrity ships has been "enhanced" (my wording) on Solstice and will now be called "Cafe al Bacio" on the Solstice class ships. You'll have a nice selection of pastries, candies (truffles & pralines), gelato and coffee drinks. The gelato is going to be a major hit for them in my opinion.

Blu will have it's own menu and I'm thinking that you will not be able to order from the main dining room if you are assigned to Blu. At least I'm guessing (I didn't ask about this) that they'll want to keep it that way. I don't think it's practical to be offering a variety of menus in Blu. Take a look at the menus posted by Mike and Carol Preiseman and you'll notice the difference in the sample menus. At least at the outset, I'd plan on different menus for Blu and the main dining room.

Yikes. While I cannot fault your logic, I certainly hope that this isn't true. We are currently booked in an AquaClass cabin mostly because we like many of the stateroom/spa amenities that are provided to these cabins. And, while I like the ideas of eating in a smaller dining venue and having some healthy fare on the menu, I'm not particularly keen about not being able to order the heavier, more traditional meals that are served in the main dining room. I understand that Blu is trying to provide the Aquaclasser with a spa-like experience. But, as healthy as I try to eat at home, I like to indulge on vacation. I guess I'll have to look into eating at some specialty restaurants for dinner and/or switching my table assignments to the main dining room mid-cruise. I certainly want to experience Blu for an evening or two. I just can't see myself eating there all cruise if it is going to be an all-healthy menu, with no offerings from the main dining room.

I just can't see myself eating there all cruise if it is going to be an all-healthy menu, with no offerings from the main dining room.

=X= has previously said that Blu is not intended to be 'spa' cuisine - that is what the AquaSpa cafe is for. From what's been said Blu will serve both healthy and indulgent fare and if you check the sample menus posted on http://www.thepreismans.com/ you'll see that.

=X= has previously said that Blu is not intended to be 'spa' cuisine - that is what the AquaSpa cafe is for. From what's been said Blu will serve both healthy and indulgent fare and if you check the sample menus posted on http://www.thepreismans.com/ you'll see that.

Agree. The preliminary menu looks quite good to me. It doesn't stand out as being either particularly health-conscious or heart-attack inducing. I don't anticipate having any problem enjoying seven dinners there.

Archived