***LIVE from the Mariner 7/13***

Ok, I am not exactly LIVE yet, as I haven't boarded her (geesh I haven't even left NC yet!!)...but I really was too excited to wait any longer to get this started and make it official. I have posted LIVE from the Jewel and LIVE from the Explorer and love sharing the cruises with others through here. I have yet to have a bad cruise, and don't expect that to begin now. I am a "ship" person...I love to experience and participate in everything that goes on (ports are actually secondary to me). I don't see the negative in anything that occurs, and don't expect to convey anything but the most positive information. I do post pictures, but on my return. (I take pictures at all my meals, so I hope that you will enjoy that part too.) I usually post 2-3 times a day, and try to answer all your questions. This is my first time going out of Florida (we moved to NC from Mass last year, and I don't fly, so we are limited to ports we can drive to in the least amount of time), and my first time on the Mariner. (I love the big ships and LOVED the Explorer! While on board this cruise we are booking the Freedom for just hubby and I for next July...shhhhhhh don't tell my kids yet)

We are doing less excursions this cruise, but that just means I have more ship activities to report on. On Labadee my hubby and son will do the waverunners again, my daughter the Zipline (first time). I will be on my mat floating in the water with a Labadoozie in my hand. In Cozumel, we are going to Paradise Beach...which seems to be where everyone on our thread is going.

Speaking of threads, I have to put in a plug for this amazing Cruise Critic site. I found this place half way through my cruising, and it was a blessing. The roll calls have brought me so close to people that I spent time with on the ship, and they remain my friends. I have a great group again for this cruise. The information you get on the boards is priceless. I made so many mistakes early on because I didn't have this place to come to. I knew no one that cruised.

We are leaving for Florida 9am tomorrow morning, and will stop in a hotel in Orlando for the night (about a nine hour drive...yikes!) and spend Saturday morning soaking in the sun. In the afternoon we will continue on to a Cocoa Beach hotel where at night we are meeting with some of the shipmates from our Roll Call thread for dinner.

If there are any questions you have for me in advance, please ask, I will make a list and try and get to them all.

I look forward to sharing the adventure......

I enjoyed your posts last summer! We will be sailing on Explorer August 28th! Can't Wait, but I can enjoy your cruise!! Have a great time!

Thank you so much for the good wishes and for enjoying my last years LIVE Explorer thread!

Have a great time on the Explorer!! She is my favorite ship (until I am sure I board the Mariner on Sunday) with wonderful staff. My last cruise on her was outstanding, and the 1st one on her was a close second. I hope that you can almost feel like you are cruising along with me once I start sharing the experience on Sunday.

MUWAHAHA

See you in about 50 hours LOL,

I have added this thread to my favourites already......just to make sure you don't talk about us HAHAH

wendy

xx

Me?? Talk about about any of shipmates???? NEVER!!!!

(shhhhhhh...well, I might talk about them a little once they board the ship....they will all be too busy to read this thread;) )

Denice, we can't wait for your reports and reviews. It will make our 17 days go by that much faster. :)

Question: Can you check to see which nights are Johnny Rockets dinners for Adventure Ocean? It will be listed each night in the dining box in the Compass. I have previous Western compasses which show Monday, Thursday & Friday as the nights, and I wanted to see if they were the same. We're trying to figure out which nights we can go to Chops and Portofinos. Thanks!!

Denice, we can't wait for your reports and reviews. It will make our 17 days go by that much faster. :)

Question: Can you check to see which nights are Johnny Rockets dinners for Adventure Ocean? It will be listed each night in the dining box in the Compass. I have previous Western compasses which show Monday, Thursday & Friday as the nights, and I wanted to see if they were the same. We're trying to figure out which nights we can go to Chops and Portofinos. Thanks!!

No problem...happy to do it. I have a notebook where I am listing the questions, the poster, and the poster # so I can go back and answer it. You're first on the list!!

I had a quick question if you get a chance. When my dh and I were there last November, they had a Riesling at the wine bar on the promenade. The name of it was something along the lines of Oster Bach, and we can not get it out of our heads.

If you get a chance, could you ask them full name of it? I would love to surprise DH with a bottle of it on his b-day.

Thanks and have a BLAST!!!!!!!!:D

I had a quick question if you get a chance. When my dh and I were there last November, they had a Riesling at the wine bar on the promenade. The name of it was something along the lines of Oster Bach, and we can not get it out of our heads.

If you get a chance, could you ask them full name of it? I would love to surprise DH with a bottle of it on his b-day.

I will go check it out and get you the name.

Thanks and have a BLAST!!!!!!!!:D

I will...thank you!!!

I'm looking forward to reading all your posts and following you on your cruise as we're doing the western route on Mariner in September. Have a wonderful trip! We haven't planned any excursions yet, I just started looking into them, we want to keep this cruise as relaxing as possible as this time around it will only be my DH and myself. I'll be anxious to hear what you think about the western ports of call as we have never done that route. Are you planning on doing any tubing in Jamaica? Have a safe and wonderful trip!

Kathy :)

I'm looking forward to reading all your posts and following you on your cruise as we're doing the western route on Mariner in September. Have a wonderful trip! We haven't planned any excursions yet, I just started looking into them, we want to keep this cruise as relaxing as possible as this time around it will only be my DH and myself. I'll be anxious to hear what you think about the western ports of call as we have never done that route. Are you planning on doing any tubing in Jamaica? Have a safe and wonderful trip!

Kathy :)

My hubby and daughter did the tubing in Jamaica a few cruises ago and had a great time. This time around, we are staying on the ship at that port.

This is going to sound probably like a crazy question, but the tubing in Jamaica, do you remember...was the water somewhat calm...no rapids? The reason I ask is that my DH is not a swimmer and is leary about doing the tubing if the water is too deep or too rough so I hesitate setting that up if it's going to make him worry about it. :)

Kathy

OHH another live from the mariner thread. I just love these kinds of posts and will be checking in every day (well maybe several times of day).

Thank you so much for taking time out from your wonderful cruise to do this for us cruise tragics still counting down.

enjoy

OHH another live from the mariner thread. I just love these kinds of posts and will be checking in every day (well maybe several times of day).

Thank you so much for taking time out from your wonderful cruise to do this for us cruise tragics still counting down.

enjoy

You are welcome...I love sharing it.

DZ............................... <sniff>

have fun..enjoy.......have a safe trip...... <sniff>

xoxoxoxoxxoxo

Hey Shazzz!!

I know we had a BALL on the Explorer last year, and I do miss you!! I am sorry you aren't joining me again!! But follow me through the posts and we can pretend.:D

Hi I was wondering if you could maybe take a picture of the midnight buffet. I have several people in my party that are interested in what it looks like. Thank you so much for taking time from your cruise to do this!! Have a wonderful cruise with many many happy memories!!

Hi I was wondering if you could maybe take a picture of the midnight buffet. I have several people in my party that are interested in what it looks like. Thank you so much for taking time from your cruise to do this!! Have a wonderful cruise with many many happy memories!!

Will do!!

dzzzzzzz.......

1. take pictures of any sea dooody u find

that was in Meaghan's Bay, I don't think I will find that on Labadee or Paradise Beach:p

2. behave yourself at the dinner table

no fun in that;)

3. wear a strapless bra for quest

i wouldn't have it any other way:D

4. think of me often

I will :cool:

Denice, how excited are you?????:rolleyes:

A "live report" before you board the ship!!!!! Too funny!!!

I can't wait to hear about your cruise live from the ship!

Enjoy!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!!!! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

donna:)

Well it took me hours, but I am packed. I am an over packer, always have been, always will be, but I was able to eliminate 3 of the usual pieces and for the 4 of us have 5 large pieces, plus 4 carry on bags.

I am so wired, no clue how I will sleep. I am not thrilled about the long ride, but I know what awaits me on Sunday so it is worth it. It is so exciting to be trying a new ship, yet comforting to know I will be familiar with it, as it is the sister ship to the Explorer. You would think I would get over the excitement after this number of cruises, but I swear I get MORE excited each time.

IDEA: CruiseDivaNJ (who I have yet to meet) was on an Explorer cruise just before mine last year, and she bought little toys and left them for us to find. It was fun. I don't have any toys (yet), but maybe I could leave some little notes or something for those on the 7/20 cruise. Tell them how many I "planted" and see if they can find them (they could get tossed too but maybe if I find the RIGHT places...). If anyone is on that 7/20 cruise, let me know what you think. I can find something fun I bet in Florida to place in fun spots.

Archived