RCCL BOA Visa Question (Sorry)

I have searched the board for over an hour, but have not found the answers to what I am seeking. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

1) Do the RCCL points expire at BOA?

2) We routinely either take a junior suite or grand suite. All of the offers deal with OBC, upgrades to oceanview rooms, etc. Someone was telling me that there is a way to take the points and have RCCL convert them into payment/credit toward the junior suite or grand suite.

I am very much a cruise critic novice (posting), so I apologize if this has been answered before, I could just not find it. I have lots of points and do not want to loose them or at least use them towards something we could use.

Thanks for your help.

Howie

I have searched the board for over an hour, but have not found the answers to what I am seeking. Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated.

1) Do the RCCL points expire at BOA?

2) We routinely either take a junior suite or grand suite. All of the offers deal with OBC, upgrades to oceanview rooms, etc. Someone was telling me that there is a way to take the points and have RCCL convert them into payment/credit toward the junior suite or grand suite.

I am very much a cruise critic novice (posting), so I apologize if this has been answered before, I could just not find it. I have lots of points and do not want to loose them or at least use them towards something we could use.

Thanks for your help.

Howie

While I haven't done it myself yet (I am planning on it), I have asked that very same question here.

The answer is yes! They can apply the value of the reward to a higher level cabin. For example - we will have enough points to get a companion fare for a OV cabin on a 7 day Caribbean sailing (75,000). We are booked into the RFS - so they can take the value of an OV at the time we booked and apply that credit to our cabin. It isn't the value at the time you turn it in, but at the time you booked.

That should be a higher value than $500 off plus $250 off.

Wow, they do not make it easy. I wonder when would be the best time to ask for the credit since it looks like the value depends on the value of the OV.

The value is determined at the time you book your cabin. The difference is probably not worth waiting for!

Right now we are looking at the Majesty ( 4 nites) for next May. Using 25,000 points would get us a free (you still have to pay taxes and fuel supplement) minimum ocean room for one (companion fare max value of $500) which is priced today at $419. So you are really getting $419 for your points where if you used them for payment towards another cruise you would get $250. If we were to upgrade from the minimum category from what I understand we would pay the difference between the $419 and whatever category we choose. I guess the only way we would lose is if the price goes down from the $419 to under $250 between now and then. I think that's the way it goes??

Right now we are looking at the Majesty ( 4 nites) for next May. Using 25,000 points would get us a free (you still have to pay taxes and fuel supplement) minimum ocean room for one (companion fare max value of $500) which is priced today at $419. So you are really getting $419 for your points where if you used them for payment towards another cruise you would get $250. If we were to upgrade from the minimum category from what I understand we would pay the difference between the $419 and whatever category we choose. I guess the only way we would lose is if the price goes down from the $419 to under $250 between now and then. I think that's the way it goes??

The only way you would lose - is if you booked your cabin when the price was less than $250.

The value of the points stays at whatever it was at the time you book - the price of the companion fare can go up and down many times - but if you book when it is worth $419 - that is what you get credited to your account.

I cashed in the 125K points for the free cruise for two (min ov). Booked a balcony cabin and paid the deposit. Once I had a booking number, I filled out the coupon, made a copy of it and mailed it to RCI. I just had to pay the difference between OV and the balcony plus the fuel supplement.

Archived