Labadee Waverunner question

We're going to be in Labadee for the first time and doing the waverunners. What facilities are available for the safekeeping of our stuff while we're on the waverunners? What have others done with their items??

TIA

We're going to be in Labadee for the first time and doing the waverunners. What facilities are available for the safekeeping of our stuff while we're on the waverunners? What have others done with their items??

TIA

When we went, there are lockers to be rented right by the building that you will go for the intro and safety video. I believe there are also bins that you can use that are open. We preferred the lockers. Have fun, but realize that open ocean on a wave runner is really rough sometimes! Quite an adrenalin rush!

Bell Ringer is right, but keep in mind that you have to "follow the leader" & can't go off on your own. We do waverunners in Florida all the time & were a little disappointed with this excursion. Also, they don't give you goggles so if you have your own you might want to bring them.

I appreciate the input from both of you. I'm going to check into goggles 'cause I'm not a fan of water splashed in the eyes. I'm looking forward to the adrenaline rush. We're Harley riders, so the more adrenaline the better!!! LOL

:D

All we could see were cubby holes, where we put our relatively unimportant towels and such. There is a small compartment on the waverunner, in which I put my bag with my camera/money etc, all wrapped in a plastic bag.

It is a follow the leader excursion, but I didn't have a problem with that. There are reefs out there that they know about, and we don't. We had a blast - the kids loved it!

And yes, bring goggles with you.;)

Sara...We did them a few years back and the other poster was right...You are not permitted to go on your own. It was follow the leader but it was fun. There was also one part where we all stopped and got a history lesson about the island. There were cubbies for towels but I brought everything else with me on the wave runner. There was also a point where children on a sort of kyack (sp?) came to sell their wares.

If you want a real adrenaline rush do the zipline on Labadee. We have and we ride BMW motorcycles.

I appreciate the input from both of you. I'm going to check into goggles 'cause I'm not a fan of water splashed in the eyes. I'm looking forward to the adrenaline rush. We're Harley riders, so the more adrenaline the better!!! LOL

:D

If you want to do your own thing with the waverunners, do it on another island. Almost every beach rents them, and you don't have to stay in line, and either wait for the slowpokes, or keep trying to catch up (depending on how you like to ride!)

Archived