Hopefully the ultimate Aft thread with Pictures (vent, and beams)

flvol77

Love the slide show thanks maxedout2, brought back a lot of memories.

Jerbeth we had C752 & our friends had C753 on the Crown in 08 on a TA leaving from Ft. Lauderdale that was spectacular. You will love the balcony. It is very private, we have the same two cabins booked on the CB for Aug/10 N/E out of Brooklyn NY. We are now so spoiled.

Edited by dutchess43

Has anyone ever stayed in B752 on the Caribbean Princess? Will it be as stinky as B754? I know it is only one more room away. I did notice that the two cabins that are on the Baja deck that are closest to the aft vent are not booked. All of these boards must have deterred people from booking them. I hope we will be OK.

:) This is beyond awesome! We were on Ruby in C52 in March - this makes me "homesick" Thanks for posting!

Howdy,

Here's a slide show .gif file.....not hi-res, but hope it gives you a sense

of being in an AFT Cabin.

The balcony can be surrounded by action and awesome views on port

days. It can also be extremely private while underway and at night.

B749Balcony.gif

B749 is starboard aft corner cabin. Not a Mini Suite. The large, calm

covered balcony was always in use and seemed a good trade off

for less space.

Enjoy!

:cool::cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Just found this thread but the timing is perfect. We are booking the Saphire for January 2011 and thanks to this thread we will be booking C748. This will be our first balcony as we always book inside rooms.

Thanks for all of the photos and comments.

Darlene & Bob

sabookkeeper:

Just read this and realized we will be sailing in the same cabin right after you. I assume you are also doing the LA roundtrip to Hawaii. Please let us know how you enjoyed this cruise and cabin. Can't wait!

sabookkeeper:

Just read this and realized we will be sailing in the same cabin right after you. I assume you are also doing the LA roundtrip to Hawaii. Please let us know how you enjoyed this cruise and cabin. Can't wait!

Sorry, we had to change our plans as when we checked the cost of flying from Detroit to LA it was going to cost us more to fly than it was to cruise. We have changed and are doing the Eastern Carribean on the Ruby in cabin C752.

Darlene

Question....if given a choice, would you take B749 or C753.....on the Crown? All aft cabins, but any reason one might be chosen over the other. Have enjoyed reading all the information shared in this thread and now want one of those coveted corner AFT cabins!

Thanks for any suggestions........

Wondering if there is a deck that is preferred over the other?

Question....if given a choice, would you take B749 or C753.....on the Crown? All aft cabins, but any reason one might be chosen over the other. Have enjoyed reading all the information shared in this thread and now want one of those coveted corner AFT cabins!

Ummm..maybe 10 feet lower in C753 and next to a suite.

I will venture out onto a limb here and say you will be happy in either

cabin.

Enjoy your cruise.

:cool::cool:

SternOfCrown.jpg

Edited by maxxedout2

We are looking forward for our first true aft this October. We have C753 booked. We have been as far back as E730 and E731. I hope we like it.
I will let you know my thoughts of C753 after my 7/11 cruise.

Either one looks good.

The curve of the balcony make it slightly smaller than other balconies.

Baja deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep and have full ceiling overhang. Lido, Aloha, Riviera decks have the same side balconies.

Caribe deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 9 ft. deep and have ceiling overhang over the first 5 ft.

Yet, in the photo, balconies look like they're the same size. :confused:

CARIBBEANPRINCESSAFT.jpg?t=1215986734

We booked the B749 rather than a Caribe aft bacony for our next cruise because we were told (but don't know for certain) that Caribe are overlooked with half the balcony on view from above. We prefer our privacy but each to their own!

Edited by dentonview

Can anyone tell me their thoughts on Dolphin 734? I have not seen any comments on the Dolphin deck. It appears that the balcony is 1/2 covered & 1/2 open, is this the case? Thanks

:eek:

I just noticed the loud speaker above my balcony.

C753

:eek:

We've been in C753 and never heard anything especially loud from that speaker. It's possible that it's only used for emergency announcements. I remember having to open the door to the hall to hear most announcements.

We booked the B749 rather than a Caribe aft bacony for our next cruise because we were told (but don't know for certain) that Caribe are overlooked with half the balcony on view from above. We prefer our privacy but each to their own!

ALL aft balconies are TOTALLY covered. The half uncovered balconies you refer to are on the side of the ship. B749 and C753 are both great cabins with huge covered balconies!

I will let you know my thoughts of C753 after my 7/11 cruise.

Either one looks good.

The curve of the balcony make it slightly smaller than other balconies. (NOT TRUE' date=' IT"S SLIGHTLY LARGER)[/size']

Baja deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 5 ft. deep and have full ceiling overhang. Lido, Aloha, Riviera decks have the same side balconies.

Caribe deck balconies are sized 9 ft. wide x 9 ft. deep and have ceiling overhang over the first 5 ft. On the side of the ship, not the aft.

Yet, in the photo, balconies look like they're the same size. :confused: That's because they are the same size

CARIBBEANPRINCESSAFT.jpg?t=1215986734

Again, ALL aft balconies are 9 x 9 and TOTALLY covered. The different sizes you refer to are for the balconies on the SIDE of the ship. B748 and 749 and C752 and 753 are identical cabins with identical balconies. If all were available I would probably take the Caribe balcony for 2 reasons. 1)Next to a suite so might be slightly quieter and 2) a little lower so closer to the water (hear the wake more)and less movement. But they are all great cabins with huge totally covered balconies!

Edited by chamima

If all were available I would probably take the Caribe balcony for 2 reasons. 1)Next to a suite so might be slightly quieter and 2) a little lower so closer to the water (hear the wake more)and less movement. But they are all great cabins with huge totally covered balconies!

I agree that aft balconies are great. I have a somewhat different view about booking anything next to a suite ... In my experience, suites often attract families, and families include children and all the noise that comes with them.

So for me, given the choice, I would book a balcony that does NOT adjoin a suite. :cool:

Edited by captbill

Sorry, we had to change our plans as when we checked the cost of flying from Detroit to LA it was going to cost us more to fly than it was to cruise. We have changed and are doing the Eastern Carribean on the Ruby in cabin C752.

Darlene

Sabookkeeper: Thank you for your reply. Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks Maxxedout2. We're in this cabin in a few weeks time and we were already looking forward to it but now we've seen your slide show, we're even more excited. :) :) Thanks for taking the trouble to do it!

Dentonview,

My pleasure...just adding to the pics/info here!

We booked our aft cabin after reading the reports here. Thanks All!

We hope everyone enjoys their cruises as much as we did ours.

Looking forward to everyones comments and, of course, happy pictures.

Feelin' Nauti'.... hehehe Aft cabin is great place for Nauti'....enjoy.

Regards,

Maxx

I have cabin b757 on hold on the Ruby Princess. I'm concerned about the vents. Has anyone had a cabin next to any of the vents at the rear of this class of ships? How noisy is it? Can a person have a conversation without having to shout?

Thanks for you opinions.

This past February we were in cabin B757. No odors, no noise. Loved it!

I have noticed numerous threads about the Aft of the Grand Class ships; I was bored and wanted to put together a reference guide for the Crown, Emerald and Ruby Ships. Feel free to add to it. I am visual person so I hope this helps all out there that are looking to book an aft balcony of some kind

Pictured below is the Crown Princess

CROWNPRINCESSI.jpg?t=1215974952

I'm new to cruising and this is absolutely invaluable! Great help. (Think I've posted this reply in wrong place tho' sorry!)

Edited by Justfoundcruising