Did RCL give us a cold?

Well...I firmly believe that RCI and Cruise Critic are to blame for the upper respiratory and sinus infection I've had for the past 12 days!:( After all, I come here most nights and read these threads, and then get exposed to all the germs that "you people" bring to the forums.:p We all know that computers are susceptible to and can spread "viruses," right?;)

Thus, I demand a free cruise with every cruise line whose forum I visit here. And I insist that Cruise Critic foot the bill for me to have all those free cruises in the highest suite levels plus enough OBC to cover my "vacation time" alcohol habit (about 3 to 4 drinks per day; I shouldn't be expected to pay for those out of my own pocket) and my DH's club soda habit. In fact, we'll each need to have the soda package. Furthermore, my DH has never yet been invited to tour the bridge and I've never toured a galley, so we expect those to be provided at well. While we're at it, we'll need first class airfare to and from the departure ports and at least one pre-cruise night in a 5-Diamond resort so we don't have to stress getting to the port on time.:D

That's all for now, but I'm sure I'll think of more things...Right now, I've got to go take more medication and brew another cup of herbal tea for my runny nose, stuffed and painful sinuses, scratchy and sore throat, and nasty cough. Boo-hoo, poor me. I couldn't possibly have caught this becasue there's a nasty infection going around and, although I take every possible precaution, I don't actually encase myself in plastic or wear a respirator when I leave the house....:eek: ;)

beachchick

p.s., In case there is someone in the known universe who didn't get it: I'm joking! It's certainly true that some pax bring "cooties" onboard and expose the rest of us, and we get exposed when we visit ports, and we get exposed when we take a flight, and we get exposed when we do anything at all. The best we can do is take precautions, wash our hands frequently, stay away from people who are obviously ill (even if it means leaving a store, restaurant, show, etc.), eat well and take a moderate amount of high-quality vitamins, don't travel during the peak cold/flu season, and so forth. I do get angry when people know they are very ill and selfishly, knowingly expose others.

I've got carple (sp?) tunnel now from reading all of your (hilarious!!) posts. I think I need a cruise to give my wrist a rest. Oh, then Ill just get tennis elbow from lifting all those foo-foo drinks, NO, I can just use a straw. I'll need a longer cruise. Thanks guys, think my DH will fall for this one?

We sailed RCL and got a cold(virus) afterward. Did we get if from the ship???? They need to take precautions! I'd like to see this thread expand to 200 posts like some others. I think RCL must be to blame and they should start disinfecting every square inch of every ship 24 hours a day. It's not like I'm staying in the real world like a hotel, a cruise should be the perfect, insulated, isolated environment. If something goes wrong I should report it and they should see it never happens again!!!!

:rolleyes: Take two aspirins and post again in the morning.

(You have got to be kidding me)

Ships can't pass colds from one to another....people do that. And' date=' you are not isolated, insulated from anything. You are in an enclosed environment with a coupla thousand people...any of whom could have passed their cold on to you.

Even if they could "disinfect every inch of the ship 24 hours a day", it wouldn't stop your tablemate from Hoboken from sneezing and passing his cold germs right atcha-or the guy in the theater from Kalamazoo who is coughing his head off, spreading his cold around to those near him.......

Give it up. You caught a cold. The average person gets some 2.5 colds a year. It's just your turn.[/quote']

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Only those persons from the lower end of the jean pool get colds from a cruise.

If you were in some strangers jeans you might be lucky that all you got was a cold. :eek: Or you might have just been lucky...

I think it was the snorkel trip myself. They really don't have a disinfectant in the container. Thanks for giving us all a venue to tell our little jokes about cruising. I don't think they were serious but they did want 200 post to happen and I think that will happen.

Y'all are just jelous...

Over on the "10" thread we have over 56K posts..

(Thats 56 followed by 3 zero's.. there is a comma in there somewhere:D )

Good job in this thread.. Come on over and check us out.. only requirement is that you "Get it"!

10 reasons not to sail rccl..

It is in the floataway lounge on page 1!

The scary part of all this is the number of people who thought the OP was serious.

For those who haven't caught the OP's purpose yet...

This is a JOKE thread!!!

Lighten up and laugh a little.. It's good for ya! :D

I can't believe how many people thought I was serious:rolleyes: Yes it was a joke!

But we almost made it to 100 posts!!:D

Now once RCCL can guarantee I won't catch a cold or head lice, I might sail them again if they would take care of the other issues I have:

1. That caribbean sun is just too bright, they need to supply sunglasses. Not cheap ones, either Costa Del Mar or Maui Jim would do.

2. Some of these ports just don't "feel" safe. RCL needs to do something! Perfectly harmless vendors harass me too much, and I shoudn't have to deal with local culture while visiting foreign countries on my vacation.

That reminds me, my truck seats were really hot yesterday and I almost burned myself on them. I need to bring this to GM's attention so they can address it in the future so people won't have to worry about it or deal with it. Does anyone have the email address of the president of GM?

I've been so quiet here lately, I don't know what got into me:D :D :D

I can't believe how many people thought I was serious:rolleyes: Yes it was a joke!

But we almost made it to 100 posts!!:D

Now once RCCL can guarantee I won't catch a cold or head lice, I might sail them again if they would take care of the other issues I have:

1. That caribbean sun is just too bright, they need to supply sunglasses. Not cheap ones, either Costa Del Mar or Maui Jim would do.

2. Some of these ports just don't "feel" safe. RCL needs to do something! Perfectly harmless vendors harass me too much, and I shoudn't have to deal with local culture while visiting foreign countries on my vacation.

That reminds me, my truck seats were really hot yesterday and I almost burned myself on them. I need to bring this to GM's attention so they can address it in the future so people won't have to worry about it or deal with it. Does anyone have the email address of the president of GM?

I've been so quiet here lately, I don't know what got into me:D :D :D

You need to join us on the thread talked about by ThePatientOne. We "get it" and you could help us with some new 10 reasons..

What do you think TPO?

RCCL made me suffer from depression! They made me get off the ship at the end of my cruise! :mad:

;) :p :D

Eric

This is one "complaint" that is truly RCCL's fault. The nerve of them!!!:D

I have considered this deeply and believe I truly have a good case against RCCL for several "incidents" that occurred while on their cruises that I am sure are ALL RCCL's fault. I am absolutely certain I had nothing to do with any of these incidents.

Incident # 1 - I slipped and fell into the rocks while climbing Dunn's River Falls. RCCL should've known I was a klutz and prevented me from booking this excursion. I mean didn't they realize that water and rocks and Wrona are NOT a good combination?

Incident # 2 - I fell face first down a flight of stairs on the Brilliance. I mean it's RCCL's fault that I was not wearing my glasses as I approached the top of the stairs while wearing high heels when the ship was rocking (after imbibing a lot of alcohol). I mean really. They should have had somebody walking around to remind me to put my glasses on.

Incident # 3 - I got a severe sunburn on the Brilliance. Why didn't RCCL have somebody to remind me to constantly reapply my sunscreen? In fact now that I think of it, RCCL should've had somebody available to apply the sunscreen for me.

Incident # 4 - My friend stepped on one of my toes with one of her stiletto heels and hurt the toe on the Monarch. RCCL should really do something about other women wearing high heels. I am absolutely sure it is all their fault that my friend stepped on my foot.

I could keep going on but clearly I have a case against RCCL.

Hey, at least you are a lawyer. You won't have to hire one when you sue them:p

I've got in-between cruisitis..it's a very depressing syndrome..I think RCCL is to blame since they make me get off one ship and wait till I board another ship for another cruise. The nerve of them. You think they would know to advise addicts to book b2b2b2b2b2b cruises.. I wonder if this is covered by cruise insurance or my medical insurance or ya think I should demand a free cruise from rccl.

I also confess to being a addict and believe that Royal Caribbean is responsible. To make matters worse they introduce new and bigger ships creating a need to book more and more. I find myself placing little squares of chocolate on my pillow at night and turning down the sheet just to feel better. I also listen to the sounds of waves to fall asleep at night. All of this is Royal Caribbeans fault. :(

The salt water SHRUNK my clothes. When I got on the cruise they all fit. When I got home nothing fit the same. RCCL did not warn me about leaving the closet door shut when I propped open my balcony door. That darn salt water.

Boy, it's a good thing we booked an inside cabin on our Alaska cruise in August! It's nice knowing I don't have to worry about that salt water shrinkage.:rolleyes:

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I am extremely concerned that RCL gave me indigestion on my last cruise. What type of compensation do people think I am entitled too? They scheduled a buffet for midnight when late seating did not get out until nearly 11pm. This forced me to eat so much food that I had a sick-to-my-stomach feeling and was unable to enjoy my late night pizza. I also had to miss portions of the show in order to run to the men's room. It ruined my cruise. :eek: :mad:

According to some of the whiners over in the "OMG" thread, you would be entitled to at least a refund, and a free cruise, plus any other expenses that you incured, up to and including the gas you purchased for your vehicle to get to the port/airport.

Boy, it's a good thing we booked an inside cabin on our Alaska cruise in August! It's nice knowing I don't have to worry about that salt water shrinkage.:rolleyes:

I haven't seen them, but I am certain there are vents somewhere in the inside cabins drawing in salty air, as I have experienced this shrinkage in inside rooms as well. I am sure it is all part of RCCL's devious plan.

I got "rug burns" on my knees and elbows, on that rough coating that RCCL puts on the deck of my balcony.

Do I have a case?:rolleyes:

Well since RCCL now owes me a new laptop since I was eating dinner when I read this...

If you are ever down my way we are going to have to meet face to face!:p

I've come to believe that RCI has given me unrealistic expectations of how life should really be. After every cruise, once I get home, I expect:

• Breakfast delivered to my room after placing the request on my door by 2am
  • When I return home, beds are made, and bathrooms are cleaned and straightened
  • Before retiring for the night, my bed is turned down
  • I have a wonderful menu of food to choose from each night, that requires absolutely no planning or preparing or cleaning-up-afterward whatsoever on my part
  • If my children misbehave, I can ignore it or think "it's okay- their on vacation" or send them to AO- and this seems perfectly acceptable
  • I can place a towel or book on the most comfortable chair in the living room before I leave for work in the morning, and fully expect to sit there after dinner

Should I be compensated for the therapy I need to get over my complete depression after returning to "real life??"

lets see

2500 guests from all over the world enter into a specified area

Breath, sneeze, cough

Probability of small number of these passengers have a virus/flu - URI

Air dropletes come in contact with other passangers

Now it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know where it came from & how do you think is possible to hold RCL accountable

airline travel - same issue

This is a spoof you know.:rolleyes: ;)

Archived