Did RCL give us a cold?

We sailed RCL and got a cold(virus) afterward. Did we get if from the ship???? They need to take precautions! I'd like to see this thread expand to 200 posts like some others. I think RCL must be to blame and they should start disinfecting every square inch of every ship 24 hours a day. It's not like I'm staying in the real world like a hotel, a cruise should be the perfect, insulated, isolated environment. If something goes wrong I should report it and they should see it never happens again!!!!

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I am extremely concerned that RCL gave me indigestion on my last cruise. What type of compensation do people think I am entitled too? They scheduled a buffet for midnight when late seating did not get out until nearly 11pm. This forced me to eat so much food that I had a sick-to-my-stomach feeling and was unable to enjoy my late night pizza. I also had to miss portions of the show in order to run to the men's room. It ruined my cruise. :eek: :mad:

We sailed RCL and got a cold(virus) afterward. Did we get if from the ship???? They need to take precautions! I'd like to see this thread expand to 200 posts like some others. I think RCL must be to blame and they should start disinfecting every square inch of every ship 24 hours a day. It's not like I'm staying in the real world like a hotel, a cruise should be the perfect, insulated, isolated environment. If something goes wrong I should report it and they should see it never happens again!!!!

You obviously contracted the cold before your cruise. It is way too hot on a Caribbean cruise to catch a cold; besides the ships sail far too fast for a cold to even remotely be able to catch up to you. :cool:

Did RCI give me sunburn? It was so sunny in the caribbean, you think the captain could have sailed the ship under some clouds? Doesn't RCI know that too much sun causes cancer? To whom should I send my letter requesting compensation? Do you think I can get a free cruise? I hope it's not too sunny on my free cruise, or I'll have to demand more compensation!:rolleyes:

It is way too hot on a Caribbean cruise to catch a cold; besides the ships sail far too fast for a cold to even remotely be able to catch up to you. :cool:

Unless, of course you are keeping your balcony door open while keeping the air conditioner running with a magnet. Or, if you are naked on your balcony, joining "the club"!:eek: Then, I could see someone catching a cold!

I gained three pounds on my last cruise. I'm pretty sure this is RCI's fault; after all, there was food everywhere!!! If there wasn't so much food available so often, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gained the three pounds. Am I due any compensation for this - free gym membership, perhaps?

Did RCI give me sunburn? It was so sunny in the caribbean, you think the captain could have sailed the ship under some clouds? Doesn't RCI know that too much sun causes cancer? To whom should I send my letter requesting compensation? Do you think I can get a free cruise? I hope it's not too sunny on my free cruise, or I'll have to demand more compensation!:rolleyes:

They definitely owe you a free Alaska cruise. If it were me I would demand a suite.

I gained three pounds on my last cruise. I'm pretty sure this is RCI's fault; after all, there was food everywhere!!! If there wasn't so much food available so often, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gained the three pounds. Am I due any compensation for this - free gym membership, perhaps?

I think you'll probably need a whole new wardrobe, since you probably can't fit into your clothes anymore.

Yes, you are certainy owed compensation if you gained weight. You also are owed compensation if you did not gain weight as that proves that the food was substandard.

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I am extremely concerned that RCL gave me indigestion on my last cruise. What type of compensation do people think I am entitled too? They scheduled a buffet for midnight when late seating did not get out until nearly 11pm. This forced me to eat so much food that I had a sick-to-my-stomach feeling and was unable to enjoy my late night pizza. I also had to miss portions of the show in order to run to the men's room. It ruined my cruise.
You obviously contracted the cold before your cruise. It is way too hot on a Caribbean cruise to catch a cold; besides the ships sail far too fast for a cold to even remotely be able to catch up to you.

At first I thought this thread was going to be annoying. However, you all have stepped up the sarcasm, and I appreciated the laughs. :)

I wonder if travel insurance would pay for this?

Now that you mentioned it, I bought travel insurance and never got to use it! Surely this is the cruise line's fault. I didn't catch a cold and my rapid weight gain didn't lead to any noticable health problems. They shouldn't sell you something (insurance) that you're never going to use!!!

Archived