Did RCL give us a cold?

We sailed RCL and got a cold(virus) afterward. Did we get if from the ship????

You only got a COLD if you went to Alaska.

You would get a HOT if you cruised in the Caribbean.

You would get a PAIN IN THE WALLET if you cruised in Europe or Asia. Royal Caribbean should do something about the weak dollar there. They know in advance where their ships are going! Their Guest Relations representatives should arrange a better exchange rate for us. It's just not fair. In fact, it's unamerican!

Harumph!!:eek:

Does anyone else believe that Osama bin Laden is hiding on the Legend off the coast of Dubrovnik?

He was our waiter on our cruise on the Legend in February. Great service and we put extra in his tip envelope.:D

The salt water SHRUNK my clothes. When I got on the cruise they all fit. When I got home nothing fit the same. RCCL did not warn me about leaving the closet door shut when I propped open my balcony door. That darn salt water.

Sailing on Royal Caribbean gave me a baby....;)

What type of compensation am I due?!

Seriously! I'm going to be "stuck" with this for the next 18 years! Not to mention the inconvenience of the first 9 months....and the stretch marks!!! :eek:

LOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

I must be sailing the wrong cruise line. With Celebrity, all I get is great food and wonderful memories. If I'd known I'd get all these other cool extras, I'd have booked w/ RCCL a lot sooner !! :) We're sailing Enchantment on 09/01...what do you suppose I'll get ???!!!

I must be sailing the wrong cruise line. With Celebrity, all I get is great food and wonderful memories. If I'd known I'd get all these other cool extras, I'd have booked w/ RCCL a lot sooner !! :) We're sailing Enchantment on 09/01...what do you suppose I'll get ???!!!

Let's see...

Sunburn in Cozumel if you go there.. Plus the possibility of sticker shock for booze at the pier...

A very deep nap if you get a B-52 from the Viking Crown..

Several extra pounds from all the food that tempts you...

Free membership in the Balcony Club is possible depending on who you are cruising with....

Vast views of the open sea that you will miss for weeks after the cruise...

A really bad case of "Post Cruise Depression" when you have to leave the ship...

That'll do for starters. :D

We sailed RCL and got a cold(virus) afterward. Did we get if from the ship???? NO They need to take precautions! The fault is your own for not taking pecautions. I'd like to see this thread expand to 200 posts like some others. I think RCL must be to blame and they should start disinfecting every square inch of every ship 24 hours a day. It's not like I'm staying in the real world like a hotel, a cruise should be the perfect, insulated, isolated environment. If something goes wrong I should report it and they should see it never happens again!!!!

Quote from Gabe Mirkin, M.D.

http://www.drmirkin.com/morehealth/9941.html

"Colds and pneumonia are caused by infection. You do not pick up infections from cold weather, you get germs from other people who sneeze or cough in your face or transmit germs with their hands to objects that you touch. Research shows that the most common way to get a cold is from someone who has a cold, sneezes on his hands, and then shakes yours. You can also get a cold when a person blows his nose or coughs into a handkerchief and gets some of the germs on his hands, then touches a door knob, and hours later, you touch the door knob and put your fingers in your nose. So the only way that you can get a cold is for someone to give the germ to you directly or by putting the germ onto something else that you touch."

We sailed RCL and got a cold(virus) afterward. Did we get if from the ship????

Did you ask the ship? Did the ship awkwardly move when it sneezed? I never heard of a human contracting any disease from a ship just foot burns.

I would have the ship tested though.

;)

It was probably from something left behind on the rock-climbing helmets.

Reading that Balcony Club thread it might have been a left over on a balcony lounger or railing. :D

I have considered this deeply and believe I truly have a good case against RCCL for several "incidents" that occurred while on their cruises that I am sure are ALL RCCL's fault. I am absolutely certain I had nothing to do with any of these incidents.

Incident # 1 - I slipped and fell into the rocks while climbing Dunn's River Falls. RCCL should've known I was a klutz and prevented me from booking this excursion. I mean didn't they realize that water and rocks and Wrona are NOT a good combination?

Incident # 2 - I fell face first down a flight of stairs on the Brilliance. I mean it's RCCL's fault that I was not wearing my glasses as I approached the top of the stairs while wearing high heels when the ship was rocking (after imbibing a lot of alcohol). I mean really. They should have had somebody walking around to remind me to put my glasses on.

Incident # 3 - I got a severe sunburn on the Brilliance. Why didn't RCCL have somebody to remind me to constantly reapply my sunscreen? In fact now that I think of it, RCCL should've had somebody available to apply the sunscreen for me.

Incident # 4 - My friend stepped on one of my toes with one of her stiletto heels and hurt the toe on the Monarch. RCCL should really do something about other women wearing high heels. I am absolutely sure it is all their fault that my friend stepped on my foot.

I could keep going on but clearly I have a case against RCCL.

Ha Ha, I am Diamond so I get a coupon for a FREE COLD in *my* booklet!

Sure, rub it in! I'm gold - I'll be lucky if my booklet has a coupon for a FREE SNEEZE!

Hey, RCCL didn't tell us about the 'BALCONY CLUB' on our last cruise so that we could become new members. :eek: We had a deck 6 corner aft on Navigator. We did notice a lot of balcony club members out on the semi-private poop deck in front of deck 6 afts but assumed they were Diamond, with coupons. ;) Anyway, I think RCCL was derelict in their duty to inform us of balcony perks. Can we sue?

Happy sailing to all ~ Judy & Don

CC-balcony6688.jpgCC-portofino-a.jpg

COUNTING THE DAYS:

Independence of the Seas 11/23/2008 (happy days - a great corner Aft cabin!) - COME JOIN THE ROLL CALL and our own M&M party!

Navigator of the Seas 04/11/2009 (another great corner Aft cabin!) ROLL CALL

Independence of the Seas 4/3/2010 (repeat stay in the same great corner Aft cabin!)

SAILED:

Navigator of the Seas 04/03/2008 (our first Aft cabin - a corner Aft that spoiled us forever)

Disney Wonder 03/18/2007

and going way, way, way back when we were young, our first cruise

The Oceanic 04/1971

I broke my little toe in a hotel room the night before my cruise. It was RCL fault because I would not have been in that hotel room if I weren't going on one of their ships:eek: I think I should have gotten a free upgrade at the very least.

This has got to be the funniest thread in a very long time:D :D :D

We sailed RCL and got a cold(virus) afterward. Did we get if from the ship???? They need to take precautions! I'd like to see this thread expand to 200 posts like some others. I think RCL must be to blame and they should start disinfecting every square inch of every ship 24 hours a day. It's not like I'm staying in the real world like a hotel, a cruise should be the perfect, insulated, isolated environment. If something goes wrong I should report it and they should see it never happens again!!!!

Ships can't pass colds from one to another....people do that. And, you are not isolated, insulated from anything. You are in an enclosed environment with a coupla thousand people...any of whom could have passed their cold on to you.

Even if they could "disinfect every inch of the ship 24 hours a day", it wouldn't stop your tablemate from Hoboken from sneezing and passing his cold germs right atcha-or the guy in the theater from Kalamazoo who is coughing his head off, spreading his cold around to those near him.......

Give it up. You caught a cold. The average person gets some 2.5 colds a year. It's just your turn.

Ships can't pass colds from one to another....people do that. And' date=' you are not isolated, insulated from anything. You are in an enclosed environment with a coupla thousand people...any of whom could have passed their cold on to you.

Even if they could "disinfect every inch of the ship 24 hours a day", it wouldn't stop your tablemate from Hoboken from sneezing and passing his cold germs right atcha-or the guy in the theater from Kalamazoo who is coughing his head off, spreading his cold around to those near him.......

Give it up. You caught a cold. The average person gets some 2.5 colds a year. It's just your turn.[/quote']

I pull a Mom on this one!

argh2.gif

and

argh1.gif

I haven't sailed on RCL yet, but I have a B2B scheduled in Nov out of Venice. There are so many ports that I have to research and decide what to do that it is giving me lots of stress.

This must be RCL's fault because they let me schedule a B2B. Also, I'm sure I will be exhausted visiting all these ports and surely I should get a free cruise afterwards so I can recuperate.

Sure, rub it in! I'm gold - I'll be lucky if my booklet has a coupon for a FREE SNEEZE!

Ok, I am going to explain this very carefully, because you are relatively new if you are just gold, FloridaPalms.

If you are gold, YOUR coupon will be:

Get ONE COLD, get another FREE.

You have to get one before you can have another.

So nanna nanna boo boo!

The scary part of all this is the number of people who thought the OP was serious.

For those who haven't caught the OP's purpose yet...

This is a JOKE thread!!!

Lighten up and laugh a little.. It's good for ya! :D

The scary part of all this is the number of people who thought the OP was serious.

For those who haven't caught the OP's purpose yet...

This is a JOKE thread!!!

Lighten up and laugh a little.. It's good for ya! :D

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived