Did RCL give us a cold?

We sailed RCL and got a cold(virus) afterward. Did we get if from the ship???? They need to take precautions! I'd like to see this thread expand to 200 posts like some others. I think RCL must be to blame and they should start disinfecting every square inch of every ship 24 hours a day. It's not like I'm staying in the real world like a hotel, a cruise should be the perfect, insulated, isolated environment. If something goes wrong I should report it and they should see it never happens again!!!!

I hate posts like this....everyone is too quick to blame the cruise line. So...since the cruise line is at fault, you must have come to this conclusion because:

You never went into the ports

You never left the ship

You never left your stateroom

You ate every meal in the stateroom

and like someone else pointed out...did you have fun on the cruise otherwise?

I am starting to think that the OP might be a troll. I think he is just looking for compensation from RCL. I bet he faked his cold. :eek:

Sheesh. It is SO obvious that he got his cold from an unsupervised brat with lousy parents who let him run all over the ship sneezing on other passengers!

I hate posts like this....everyone is too quick to blame the cruise line. So...since the cruise line is at fault, you must have come to this conclusion because:

You never left the ship

:confused::confused::confused:

You never left the ship

hb.gif

Why do people always assume that the parents are not supervising their kids, while they run all over the ship sneezing on passengers??? :mad:

Sadly, most parents do not control their children. I have noticed some do a fantastic job of it.

Now that you mentioned it, I bought travel insurance and never got to use it! Surely this is the cruise line's fault. I didn't catch a cold and my rapid weight gain didn't lead to any noticable health problems. They shouldn't sell you something (insurance) that you're never going to use!!!

That's why I always insure my travel insurance. They will pay for all the expenses you incurred by taking out travel insurance should you not need to use the travel insurance. The premium only costs whatever price you paid for your original travel insurance - they never charge more! It is a great deal.

We sailed RCL and got a cold(virus) afterward. Did we get if from the ship???? They need to take precautions! I'd like to see this thread expand to 200 posts like some others. I think RCL must be to blame and they should start disinfecting every square inch of every ship 24 hours a day. It's not like I'm staying in the real world like a hotel, a cruise should be the perfect, insulated, isolated environment. If something goes wrong I should report it and they should see it never happens again!!!!

I bet you went into one of their swimming pools -

128_if_you_get_wet_youll_get_sick.gif

They should have made sure their pools were heated.

Sadly, most parents do not control their children. I have noticed some do a fantastic job of it.

But I think that two thirds of the time the parents are actually encouraging their children to run around and sneeze on people, the other half of the time it is due to a lack of supervision though.

But I think that two thirds of the time the parents are actually encouraging their children to run around and sneeze on people, the other half of the time it is due to a lack of supervision though.

I don't know, Gonzo. I think that it's probably more like 75/65%. ;)

That's why I always insure my travel insurance. They will pay for all the expenses you incurred by taking out travel insurance should you not need to use the travel insurance. The premium only costs whatever price you paid for your original travel insurance - they never charge more! It is a great deal.

Dang, why didn't I think of that? Great idea!!! I need to go book an additional cruise right now and take advantage of all of the money I'll save!

Did you get it from the ship??? Then I trust it was itemized on your sea pass account. Are you sure nobody in your group ordered it? In which case, I think you might be able to return it on your next cruise for an OBC. But if you weren't billed for it, I'd be quiet about it - otherwise everyone else is going to want to get it from the ship for free.

Happy sailing to all ~ Judy & Don (and Robbie :cool: )

COUNTING THE DAYS:

Independence of the Seas 11/23/2008 (happy days - a great corner Aft cabin!) - COME JOIN THE ROLL CALL and our own M&M party!

Navigator of the Seas 04/11/2009 (another great corner Aft cabin!) ROLL CALL

Independence of the Seas 4/3/2010 (repeat stay in the same great corner Aft cabin!)

SAILED:

Navigator of the Seas 04/03/2008 (our first Aft cabin - a corner Aft that spoiled us forever)

Disney Wonder 03/18/2007

and going way, way, way back when we were young, our first cruise

The Oceanic 04/1971

I gained three pounds on my last cruise. I'm pretty sure this is RCI's fault; after all, there was food everywhere!!! If there wasn't so much food available so often, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gained the three pounds. Am I due any compensation for this - free gym membership, perhaps?

What! You ate that inedible food?? It's your own fault then. They purposely make it inedible so people don't gain weight.

Due to the enjoyment I experienced on my last cruise, I booked another while on board.

RCCL has made me an addict.... :cool:

Rehab is very expensive, will your travel insurance cover it? Or was it a preexisting condition?

Did you get it from the ship??? Then I trust it was itemized on your sea pass account. Are you sure nobody in your group ordered it? In which case, I think you might be able to return it on your next cruise for an OBC. But if you weren't billed for it, I'd be quiet about it - otherwise everyone else is going to want to get it from the ship for free.

Ha Ha, I am Diamond so I get a coupon for a FREE COLD in *my* booklet!

Geez guys, everyone knows that RCCL gave him that cold as his penalty for smuggling on alcohol and smoking in a non-smoking area while allowing his non-potty trained child to swim in the adults only pool. If he'd been wearing jeans too they would've given him the flu.

lets see

2500 guests from all over the world enter into a specified area

Breath, sneeze, cough

Probability of small number of these passengers have a virus/flu - URI

Air dropletes come in contact with other passangers

Now it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know where it came from & how do you think is possible to hold RCL accountable

airline travel - same issue

Geez guys, everyone knows that RCCL gave him that cold as his penalty for smuggling on alcohol and smoking in a non-smoking area while allowing his non-potty trained child to swim in the adults only pool. If he'd been wearing jeans too they would've given him the flu.

I am just shaking my head in awestruck amazement.

BEST line of the day, Wrona!

lets see

2500 guests from all over the world enter into a specified area

Breath, sneeze, cough

Probability of small number of these passengers have a virus/flu - URI

Air dropletes come in contact with other passangers

Now it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know where it came from & how do you think is possible to hold RCL accountable

airline travel - same issue

You don't think he deserves a free cruise? :confused:

Why, after all, it is his vacation.

Sailing on Royal Caribbean gave me a baby....;)

What type of compensation am I due?!

Seriously! I'm going to be "stuck" with this for the next 18 years! Not to mention the inconvenience of the first 9 months....and the stretch marks!!! :eek:

I want compensation too! I had chronic fatigue syndrom...waking at 5am to see the ship pull into port and then staying up past midnight for the buffet! Every day they sceduled our island arrival between 5am and 7am...how dare they...I had to get up at a horrible hour to tape it. And then those late shows and then the dance club...sheesh...they even offered baby sitting until 1am. I am going to sue after all.

On our cruise in May on the Mariner at the end of the week I had a horrible, I mean horrible headache...it was just pounding..bright lights were killing me and I could barely take a step with out the pain shooting though my head.....I know it was from the germs on the ship it couldn't be from all the foo foo drinks the night before and DH almost had a heart attack when he got the Sea Pass bill that morning.............I wonder if we have a case!!! ;)

Rehab is very expensive, will your travel insurance cover it? Or was it a preexisting condition?

I have been in and out of rehab too many times to remember. I just can't seem to shake the habit. It has really gotten worse these last 10 years.....:o :o

Withdrawl is a real pain. The only thing which tides me over until my next cruise is my daily dose of Cruise Critic..:D :D :D .... or, is this an addiction also?? :confused:

Archived