Ship stuck in NYC

There is an older cruise ship stuck in NYC.

It has "PEACE BOAT" on its stack, the ship's name is Pacific something or other...

Appears there is a hole in the hull and the Coast Guard will not let it leave port. The ship's pumps can handle the leak, but the CC says "fix it before we let you leave"

It is eventually headed to South American and holds about 1,000 people.

Call me a coward, but I think I would prefer a ship that does not leak.

It has "PEACE BOAT" on its stack, the ship's name is Pacific something or other...

Appears there is a hole in the hull and the Coast Guard will not let it leave port. The ship's pumps can handle the leak, but the CC says "fix it before we let you leave"

Add another coward to that list. LOL :eek:

Is this one of those immersion cruises? ;)

We sailed on the Song of Norway way back when she was a RC ship and was a lovely lady. :) What a sad thing to happen to what was once a grand lady!

I agree; with OP; I'd be running as fast as I could in the opposite direction! :eek:

We saw a Carl ? Olsen ship in a Caribbean port with us in April, and it looked very scary! No way would I have gotten on that disaster!

Cruzin Lady

Anyone who's TA booked them on this one should get a new TA!!

But boy-oh-boy I'll bet they have a great loyalty program. "Hey sail on our leaky ships and survive several times and we'll give you a free keychain and a bag!" :eek:

Call me a coward too, I wouldn't go..

Failboat.jpg

:cool: I was sitting on the Enchantmet having breakfast in Key West in Nov 04, when a barge drove into the side of ship. Put a big hole it. We were delayed a few hours while a big metal plate was welded over the hole. Screwed up out arrival in Mexico, but we remained afloat. Did not mind a few extra hours on our pub crawl in Key West:cool:

It was also my first cruise also, back in 1973. It sailed a 7 night Eastern Caribbean itinerery, The Sun Viking and Nordic Prince. both sailed 2 week Southern Caribbeans from Miami. This was altered later when the Nordic Prince began to do 7 night Westerns. The service in the dining room was completely different as it was served in the traditional European Style. The waiters wore white gloves and nothing was preplated. Everyhing was served off of platters. All the veggies were on tray and you just pointed to the one you wanted, or all of them for that matter. Everything was very elegant and bears no relation to todays product.

Is this one of those immersion cruises? ;)

I think this may be the funniest, and yet most apropos to the forum, post I've read here! 2funny.gif

Archived