New Dress Code Clarifications! PLEASE READ!

Host Anne

Upon booking this cruise for my husband's 60th birthday my big concern was this dressing up==I agree with Ladycruiser--isn't this really about he ports/destinations?? With the new baggage requirements I think taking a second bag for dress clothes makes no sense--I assume that there are options to just do a buffet for dinner or some other option.

Reading all this makes me nervous!!!!!!!!!!

We have booked an 11 day Western Mediterranean cruise and many of the side trips are full day events==the thought of coming back and dressing up is not my first choice.

So can I assume dockers and nice polo shirt or short sleeve dress shirt is OK for men and capri pants and polo shirt or casual dress for women?

Celebrity does not have a buffet for dinner (other than the sushi bar, pizza and pasta station and (very early evening) the grill. The do offer alternative casual dining - it is a sit down meal with a different menu than the dining room and there is a $2 per person charge. Reservations are requested but they can be made the same day, although several have posted that you can usually get in without a reservation.

There will be formal nights and from the presentation on the new food and beverage initiatives, it sounds like they will be enforcing the dress code for those nights in the dining room.

A rhetorical question (it can't be answered because this thread is locked).

Why do all threads involving the dress code on Celebrity devolve into incivility among the Members? One would think that, because the dress code is in place to add a degree of civility to the ambience in the dining room, our Cruise Critic who wish to discuss the subject would be civil to each other. But one would be wrong, wouldn't one?

Another dress code thread bites the dust. And, as always, don't waste your time looking for the culprits. About 35 posts have been removed.

Archived