Lobster in Horizon Court on Formal night?

bxny

We would like to skip formal night in the dinning room on our "Grand " Med cruise. Post cruise we have to ride the train from Venice to the lake region and are hoping to contain the size of our bags by not bringing formal wear. Will the Buffet serve lobster on that formal night or must we do without? :eek:

Go to the dinningroom anyway. They won't turn you away unless you're in jeans or shorts. A simple dress, skirt and top or pants and top that you'd wear any other night is acceptable too. You won't be the only one less formal. We sometimes dress very formal on our cruises and sometimes don't. This usually depends on things like luggage etc. Last cruise DH didn't want to bring a suit because he was in a conference the week before and had too much stuff to carry so we opted to go more casual without the suit. It turned out we were the "dressiest" couple at our table.

Why not bring a basic black dress and dress it up for formal night...you can also wear it another night or two, depending on how you change up the accessories....then you can have your lobster.:) Your DH can get away with black chinos, a tie and a matching sport jacket. He can wear the jacket traveling to and from the ship to avoid packing it. The chinos will work with other shirts too for the rest of your trip. You can minimize what you pack by using multifunctional pieces...things you can dress up and down.

It's a shame to miss the lobster...;)

I am not familar with that term either, help, we need to know. Don't want to miss out on a thing.

UBD=Ultimate Balcony Dinner

$100 per couple plus tip (optional) for a balcony dinner served to you by your own private waiter. It consists of many coarses (including lobster if you wish), a cocktail, flower arrangement and a photo.

We would like to skip formal night in the dinning room on our "Grand " Med cruise. Post cruise we have to ride the train from Venice to the lake region and are hoping to contain the size of our bags by not bringing formal wear. Will the Buffet serve lobster on that formal night or must we do without? :eek:

Looks like you'll do without it unless you go into the dining room.

Enjoy your cruise - sounds Grand!!!! :)

WHy not rent a tux and have it in your stateroom when you arrive.....

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation Europe 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

The ultimate balcony dinner (UBD) is fabulous! Your choice of entree's is either surf and turf (filet and lobster tail), 2 lobster tails, or a larger filet. They only do a limited number on each cruise so if you're interested you should sign up as soon as you get on board. We thought it was definitely worth the extra cost.

I'd go to the dr as formal as you like & I'm sure they won't turn you away as long as you don't have on jeans & t shirt. On our next cruise I'm leaving my suit home & downsize my suitcase to a carry on.

You can always try the T-shirt that looks like a tux and see what they do! :)

Nothing to speculate there....you'll be turned away from the dining room. I agree with previous posters, rent your formalwear on board. No worries about packing or airline restrictions. You'll be dripping in lobster.;)

There was a big bowl of large lobster claws on formal night in Cafe Caribe on the Caribbean Princess on July 10th cruise I just back back from. Not sure about the Grand though.

I'd go to the dr as formal as you like & I'm sure they won't turn you away as long as you don't have on jeans & t shirt. On our next cruise I'm leaving my suit home & downsize my suitcase to a carry on.

We're off to Alaska and need warm (read 'bulky') clothes - with the airline luggage restrictions and just to make life easy - no one in our Family Group will be doing 'Formal'. Navy Blazer, Dockers, Shirt & Tie is as 'formal' as the guys will get - and the 'girls' will look fine with Black Slacks and (pretty) tops! Just think of all the room saved with 1 (only) pr. of dress shoes! :D

I'm finished packing and managed easily in (1) 26" bag and (1) 'roll-on' each (I didn't even 'extend' the luggage) and I bet I (still) packed stuff I will not even wear........

I think the days of dressing up for Formal Night are on the way OUT......:rolleyes:

Archived