Not at all satisfied...

jguy69

I cannot say enough about how disappointed we are.

jguy69

Why is it that most of the real negative posts and comments come from people that only have 1 or 2 posts? Any thoughts? :cool:

I had the best meals in the Pinncacle on my Oosterdam cruise in May, but the fantastic Pinnacle Chef quit and a Indian guy who has never worked on a ship before and had no clue about the run down of the meals were put in his possition. He told me as well how hard it is to work there in the galley with the mostly philippino staffing and to tell them 20 times to do it the right way and then it is still not done.

I guess if the head chef then has NO CLUE as well it could be a NOT so good experience.

We did run as well into several inconveniences on our cruise with mostly very bad service provided in the dining room, concierge lounge and from our room steward! Food in the main dining room was good...but nothing special!

Why is it that these kinds of posts virtually always come from people with 1 or 2 posts to their name? Is that a little strange, or am I missing something?

jguy69

Why is it that most of the real negative posts and comments come from people that only have 1 or 2 posts? Any thoughts?

I always think it's a little strange when someone posts out of nowhere and it's an entirely negative "review". Why do this?

While it's entirely possible that someone has been reading CC and not posting would suddenly decide to post a purely negative experience, it's a little suspect. It's just too easy to have a 2nd screen name and reserve posts such as this one for that name.

And that makes no sense. If you didn't like your cruise, fine ... own that, take responsibility and post as yourself. Yes you'll get slammed (by a few) for not liking HAL, but who cares? Your experience is your experience and you have every right to express it.

I'd love to hear more about this poster's cruise, and what led to the dissatisfaction. If someone has a bad experience, posts about it, then disappears, I have a hard time believing the negative review. IMHO, if you are prepared to defend your position, elaborate where necessary, you (and your complaints) are much more believable.

That said, it is unfortunate that the OP had a bad cruise.

I don't care if the OP has 2 posts or 20,000 but to just come on and say it was dissappointing with little or no additional information is of no help to anyone.

And just to cancel out the "vote" against Oosterdam I was on in early June for the same itin and we loved it !!

And another thought. If the OP usually cruises on Crystal then he probably was "dissappointed", all in the expectations.

Not sure what to make of this "review"?? We are still talking about our very first cruise to AK on the beautiful Oosterdam and if/when we cruise again, it will be with HAL and probably on the "O". I regret your assessment. Our experience was superior and we are pretty picky. Our Pinnacle meal was excellent and well worth the upcharge; the service staff/all areas/was wonderful. We did eat most of our meals in the main dining room due to my husband's not particularly liking buffets. I would not hesitate to recommend HAL and/or the "O" to my best friends. Sorry you did not feel the same.

My DH and I were on the Oosterdam from July 5 thru July 12. We thought it was awsome!!! Everything about the cruise was absolutely amazing, with the exception the Pinnacle Grill dinner. That dinner was "OK" but not exactly as great as we had been expecting (after hearing all of the comments here on CC about the PG). Other than that we had a wonderful cruise and we highly recommend the Oosterdam!!:D

Archived