Words longest domestic flight?

ohioNCLcruiser

I've already had a few comments that I missed a few flights. I've updated the main post here, of course, Weekend Blitz - TOP 10: LONGEST DOMESTIC FLIGHTS IN THE WORLD. Here are the additions (causing some to move down on the list):

UPDATE 8/10: Added AMS-BON route, thanks Scottbee/Boffin.

Worth noting: A 3rd place medal goes to the Amsterdam-AMS – Bonaire-BON route flown by Arkefly’s 767-300 for 4,844 miles, scheduled flight time is 11h 0 mins.

ams-bon-600x300.png

Longest non-stop domestic flight within contiguous country

Update 8/10: PlymSpotter points out that:

• The longest domestic flight in Russia is actually AER-KHV at 4,287 miles
  • Moscow-VKO – PKC is actually a few miles longer than the DME-PKC route.
  • DME-UUS is 10 miles longer than SVO-UUS.
  • Updates have been made below.

Winner: Khabarovsk, Russia-KHV to Adler, Russia-ADL clocking in at 4,287 miles is flown on a Transaero B767-200 in 9h 30 mins. Interestingly, the Transaero website says that they fly the route in 4,271 miles making them either guilty of a typo or magicians.

aer-khv-600x300.png

Runner(s) up: Just about all Moscow airports (VKO, DME and SVO) fly direct to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatsky Airport-PKC (I mean is that really necessary, Russia?), super impressive that these flights don’t pass over borders or water:

• Moscow-VKO – PKC = 4,228 miles on a Transaero 767-300.
  • Moscow-DME - PKC = 4,224 miles. The flight takes 8h 40mins on Transaero’s B777-300.
  • Moscow-SVO - PKC = 4,203 miles. This flight takes just 8h 05mins on Aeroflot’s B777-300ER (Rossiya Airlines sells tickets as well).

svodme-pkc-2.png

Edited by jmgriffin

Our next trip after Hawaii is to Auckland NZ from BWI with stop in LAX and PPT. Do you believe that we are doing the distant flights while still healthy enough to fly?:p Trip last year to China and back from Thailand was a long one also. Great things at the end of the flight and we do tour/cruise for about 30 days in between flights. Not that much fun getting to the starting line for the cruises though :rolleyes:

Im 98% sure the only flight from the US directly to Guam without going to Japan or Hong Kong is on Continental from Houston-Honolulu-Guam.

PS I just have you beat, my longest is from Newark-Hong Kong. Its 8,060 miles vs 6,732 to Tokyo.:p

We are flying Emirates JFK to Dubai this November, EK 202 and EK 203 on the return. Isn't it one of the Worlds longest non-stop flights?

Edited by Jade13

JFK-DXB = 6849 miles

Our longest nonstop flights have been DTW-HKG, 7857 miles, and LAX-SYD, 7488 miles. Of course, flights can deviate from the great circle distance for a variety of reasons, and the time spent in the air varies by direction, aircraft, etc.

With another flight to HKG on the radar, I'd rather break it up with a stop in NRT. Happy to let someone else set the record.

At the other extreme, I believe the shortest distance flown by a regularly scheduled commercial flight is still from Westray to Papa Westray (Loganair) in Scotland. Flight takes just over a minute. You can catch the entire flight on youtube.

We are flying Emirates JFK to Dubai this November, EK 202 and EK 203 on the return. Isn't it one of the Worlds longest non-stop flights?

JFK-DXB is a long flight at 6849 miles but handily beat by Emirates' LAX-DXB flight at 8339 miles.

No not really.. 6849 miles

Lots longer -- IAD to Dubai is longer, ORD to HKG is much longer 7794 and the flight from LA or SF to Australia are around 7500

No not really.. 6849 miles

Lots longer -- IAD to Dubai is longer, ORD to HKG is much longer 7794 and the flight from LA or SF to Australia are around 7500

Longest non stop commercial flight is

Singapore Airlines SQ 21, EWR to SIN

9535 miles = 8285 NM

18Hr 50 Min

9535 miles = 8285 NM

18Hr 50 Min

Not for long. SQ is cancelling both EWR-SIN and LAX-SIN. You also had DL nix the DTW-HKG run, Thai ended LAX-BKK, and UA stopped ORD-DEL. So for those who love marathon flights, it will be back to the old standbys - Australia and South Africa. Plus whatever Emirates chooses to do in/out of Dubai.

Not for long. SQ is cancelling both EWR-SIN and LAX-SIN. You also had DL nix the DTW-HKG run, Thai ended LAX-BKK, and UA stopped ORD-DEL. So for those who love marathon flights, it will be back to the old standbys - Australia and South Africa. Plus whatever Emirates chooses to do in/out of Dubai.

DFW-BNE/SYD on QF is a good one of you want a long flight.

• 2 months later...

9535 miles = 8285 NM

18Hr 50 Min

DFW-BNE/SYD on QF is a good one of you want a long flight.

Just created a similar post on the top 10 longest flights in the world:

Top 10 Non-Stop Flights in the World, check it out here: http://www.weekendblitz.com/top-10-worlds-longest-non-stop-flights/

laxdxb.jpg