Decent Fake Diamonds

frogfuzz

I don't have lots of good jewlery but have a few pieces. I get paranoid about lost or stolen on trips.

anyone had experience with diamond type jewlery?

I only take Diamonique from QVC on trips. I have a bridal set that is very close to my real set and I wear that when I travel. I get compliments on my "diamonds" freqently;)

Unless your diamond is some big, honking doorknob, don't worry about it! your jewelry is MEANT to be worn! No one is going to hold you up, and take it from you!

You will have a safe, most likely, in your cabin. Lock your jewelry in it when it's not on your person!

I always bring my diamond bracelets, necklaces, and rings--and wear them! (That's why you have insurance!!!!!) Jewelry should be worn--and not just on special ocassions!

Unless your diamond is some big, honking doorknob, don't worry about it! your jewelry is MEANT to be worn! No one is going to hold you up, and take it from you!

You will have a safe, most likely, in your cabin. Lock your jewelry in it when it's not on your person!

I always bring my diamond bracelets, necklaces, and rings--and wear them! (That's why you have insurance!!!!!) Jewelry should be worn--and not just on special ocassions!

I couldn't agree more. Wear and enjoy. in fact those are the only pieces I take now...I leave the paste at home and save on luggage room.

If you've got the real thing, wear it! Why have it if it stays at home in the bank's safe deposit box? Besides my diamond wedding set, I have a great diamond tennis bracelet I love to take on cruises. I also have a couple of pendants I wear with different outfits. I lock them in the cabin's safe when not being worn. If you're not comfortable with the safe in your cabin, you can stow them in the ship's safe, but it's not so accessible when you want to wear them.

Due to the fact that we don't have much money, I only buy fake. I buy Diamonique off of QVC. People at work have looked at my jewelry and gone, "HOw do you afford diamonds on two teacher salaries?" Yeah, it looks that good!

I say wear your real stuff. Isn't that why you have it??? But if you really want the fakes to be safe, or just want to mix up your diamond collection, go with QVC. I am pretty sure I read somewhere that their simulated diamonds are the best quality fakes you can get, but don't hold me to that. Now I have to go google and search it to back up what I just said.

I like to wear stud earrings and necklaces all the time. I wouldn't feel so badly loosing 200.00 earrings as 2500.00 earrings same for necklaces.

I wear it at home because I am not snorkeling , 4 wheeling, zipping on ziplines etc. Not all vacation hotel rooms have safes.

Plus would like to mix some good fake with some real

Thanks for the qvc suggestions

qvc has a lifetime warranty on thier pieces. If it becomes cloudy or whatever they will replace it as long as you have the purchase date. I had my solitare ring replaced a few years ago due to it being cloudy. I couldn't find my receipt and gave them a ball park date as to the purchase and they did replace it. It took alot of emailing back and forth but eventually I did get a new one. Not sure if that is still the policy.

I lost my real diamond a long time ago it fell out of my setting and it was not insured. Needless to say replaceing it was out of the question(during the college years). I now only buy diamonque from QVC if I need some cheap bling!

Another vote for Diamonique from QVC. I LOVE IT. I only buy in 14K settings...I have both white and yellow gold.

I have earrings in diamonique that I've worn for a good 15 years....they are as beautiful and sparkle the same as when brand new.

I have some real diamond/gemstone jewelry that I travel with. But I also love good faux gems. I have a lot of Diamonique. And now that HSN has perfected their Absolute line, I've bought & been very pleased w/ their jewelry.

I don't have much in "good" jewelry, as I've never really been into wearing much of it. But I have two rather expensive pieces, a simply gorgeous ring and earrings, that I purchased for myself as a 50th b/d present. They are one-of-a-kind, and there is no way that insurance cost replacement could make up for the loss of them. I do wear them every day...and on trips around here in the states. But going overseas, they are staying home. For me, it's not worth the risk. :cool:

I wear my rings.Now my main ring is a past-present-future ring that is one carat TOTAL weight, the center stone is around 50 points, so it is not "honking" as the other post said. I feel perfectly safe wearing it.

Now I have considered buying a moissanite so I could have a "honking" ring. I have earrings in moissanite that look very nice. Mossianite is very good quailty and it is not "faky looking" like cubic zirconia.

I always bring my good jewelry. I have insurance and none of my pieces at one of a kind or heirloom. I agree with some of the ladies that what I have is to wear not put away in the safe. I wear it at home and also when I travel. Now depending on the port we are in I sometimes do opt to take off my bridal set and any other diamonds and put them into the safe. I carry a plain gold band for ports such as Jamaica and others where my comfort level isn't at its best :)

I have some beautiful real pieces such as my wedding set, and things DH has bought me over the years. I have also lost some irreplaceable pieces, and I'm sorry, but insurance does not cover sentimental value. DH bought me a gorgeous ruby and diamond ring set in platinum on our first cruise and it was either lost or stolen. We love to snorkel and are in the water a lot when we cruise and I would never take a chance again on a ring slipping off of my finger or an earring back coming off and losing the earring. I lost one of my diamond earrings when that happened. Nope, I'm another one who buys fake to travel with. I like Diamonique from QVC. I personally don't think it looks all that real, but it does give me some sparkle and the price can't be beat. They have a line called Epiphany which is platinum over silver and some of the pieces are designed by Tacori, they are very inexpensive. I also have a moissanite ring that I wear when we travel, it's beautiful but don't expect bargain prices. If you want a smaller stone you could probably pick up a ring for about $500-600 in moissanite. Just google it and all kinds of sites will show up.

I always take my real diamonds. Everything is insured. Whenever I see a lady wearing a really big diamond on a cruise, I assume that it is fake. So if you do wear fake stuff you can be assured that most others think it's fake too.

So perhaps those who have really big diamonds should leave them at home so that others won't assume they are fake? I am fortunate to have a "really big diamond" left to me by relative and the fake one that I travel with is actually smaller. You may assume what you wish.:)

On cruises, I always take my 'real' stones with me--and my wedding set is pretty darn big (DH came thrugh big time for 40th anniversary). I don't usually wear really expensive jewelry on shore, unless we're just doing a little casual shopping or walking around in an area I feel is safe. I don't wear it on excursions either, especially anything involving water or sand.

For some of the more 'adventurous' land trips we've taken, ie Africa or Viet Nam, I usually just leave the big stuff home and wear a simple gold band and little else. Partly for safety and partly not to come across as being oblivious to the poverty around us; I don't want to shove our relative 'wealth' in people's faces.

I trust using the safe in our room when not wearing my jewelry and it is well insured. If it was an extremely unusual/irreplaceable piece or an heirloom I'd possibly leave it home.

I have a .85 stong i wear on formal nights and when I play cards. But I'm a guy. Hardly ever wear it during the day. This is the first diamond I ever brought. I was able to keed it after the divorce. She had a 2.76 that we kept trading up to. The ex. never took it off. It felt good when the ladies would compliment her on the stone. By the way it took 17 years and four trade ups to get there.

Archived