Ryndam On Webcast Today!

jazzsea

Heather, drink some for me.!!!

I have to admit I was impressed. I thought it was well done despite several were nervous. I thought it was really neat to be able to watch it live. I felt I was right there on the Ryndam. Darn I wish I was:( I did ask a question but it was not asked but they claim they will be answering via email. I thought over all it was very well done and I am glad I was able to wathc while at work:)

Does Master/Captain Jack ever smile:confused: ? He must be a really serious person.

Hope many of you were able to watch.

Heather were you not able to watch it???

Well I am so excited for those taking the Ryndam soon, the enhancements look lovely, for an already fabulous Ship!:D

For those already booked, I think you were wise, you may see the prices slide up a bit as a result of the enhancements!:eek: :cool:

Ho Ho Ho!!!!! Christmas Cruise on the Ryndam coming up Dec. 18. We're ready to go today!!!!

Pulled in the webcast just fine on dial up connection with latest version of Media Player. Amazing and quite wonderful. I can feel those smooth sheets already.

Have only located one other group on the Dec. 18 Christmas cruise. Won't someone else join us?

Bev

For those already booked, I think you were wise, you may see the prices slide up a bit as a result of the enhancements!:eek: :cool:

I agree with you on that but amazingly this cruise was a little bit more than I have paid on previous. Of course my October 2005 Oosterdam with a S Suite is really cheap. My Ryndam cruise for next month I could find no bargains on but that was when I wanted to go and it was me that bumped myself into a Suite:D

To the CC who asked what time the ship sails: During the webcast, it was announced the gangway would be lifted at 7:15. I'm guessing They sail around 8 p.m.

Ho! Ho! Ho! Christmas Ryndam cruise Dec. 18. Can only find one more family joining us. After seeing the webcast, maybe some would like to come along! Did you see the special "adult free zone" just for the teens? Very nice.

Bev

P.S. There are no bargains anywhere during Christmas and New Year's travel, and that's O.K. That's the time our family wants to go, and it's worth it.

B.

I was hesitant to book Ryndam (10/30) as I thought that it was going to be same old, same old (I've done Maasdam & Veendam)...now I'm excited to be one of the first to see the (hopefully) big improvements.

Never mind I goofed hehehe :)

I was hesitant to book Ryndam (10/30) as I thought that it was going to be same old, same old (I've done Maasdam & Veendam)...now I'm excited to be one of the first to see the (hopefully) big improvements.

I am defintely looking forward to your report when you return. When You return we will have only one week before we sail on her.

I agree when we booked this cruise last May I had no idea that she would be totally remodeled and have finished the SOE. Sometimes one just gets lucky. What is funny this will be our 3rd HAL cruise. The first was the Zuriderdam in her first year, the next Oosterdam with in her first year, now the newly redone Ryndam, next is the Westerdam in March. Does that mean that the Maasdam is going into Drydock before we board her in July??? That would be really neat if that is the case.

Sounds like everyone enjoyed the web cast. We never got on. We had pre-registered as soon as the announcement came out. Tuned in right on time today. We never got past the first page that came up after hitting the button on HAL's web page. The page had a link to click if the video window didn't appear automatically, but it didn't do anything. I even tried loading the URL directly into Windows Media Player, but I got an error message that I traced down, only to find out that it was an unknown error, probably external. I checked out my connect speed in Windows Media player, and it was set to cable modem (which I have). Any of you guys and gals got an idea what might have been wrong?

BTW - We got the reminder e-mail tonight, at 7:57PM, Eastern, over an hour after the web cast was over. :rolleyes:

We really loved the Ryndam when on her last year, and look forward to returning some day. I really hope the enhancements are great. We really wanted to see the web cast.

Ken

I finally figured it out. It was a combination of my Norton Internet Security and Personal Firewall programs, and the pop-up blocker that's in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2. I had to disable the Norton Internet Security package (not Norton Anti-Virus). After the white page appeared after clicking the button on the HAL page, I had to click on the yellow info bar that appeared at the top so I could temporarily allow pop-ups. The network is so busy right now, that the video is streaming slowly so that the picture is kind of "jerky". So, if anyone had the problem I did, and you have the above programs, FYI.

Ken

:p I'm not very clever with these things, but the best I could get was the fast forward view and no sound. On 'normal' it ran for less than one minute (with sound BTW) then it crashed and gave me the message that "this webcast is not available on this service" grrrrr

So, on fast forward, lots of talking heads, a little bit of a video preview...the kids zone makes me wish I was one :D.

What do we guess the charge will be for:

Culinary Arts.? I guessing $15 per

Use of the Spa? $20pp/day

plain coffee $3 per tiny cup cappucino $5

what's your guess :D

oh well, it's only money...flows in (sort of), flows out :eek:

Anniecat

From what I heard the cooking classes are free for demos but there will be a minimal charge for on hands classes and private classes.

Plain coffee is free - minimal charge for specialty coffees - maybe $1.50-$2.00.

As you said - it's only money!

LAFFNVEGAS Does Master/Captain Jack ever smile. Can't say I have ever seen him smile! :p

We're crazy about Captain Jack and think him GREAT. Yes, indeed, he does smile. He was Captain on Noordam when we first cruised w/ HAL and we have cruised with him many, many times since. I'm always very happy when we board a ship and hear that he is aboard.

Couldn't see it from the office this afternoon (Firewalls...) but needed to get some work done anyways...:rolleyes:

Just finished watching it - kinda makes me wanna book the Ryndam now...

(No! Stop! Gotta pay for the Oosterdam first!!!!)

We just rewatched from home, DH got to watch for the first time. I have to admit because I had to keep the volume down some at work I did miss some of what was said so I caught more of it my rewatching it. It really is all quite interesting and exciting. If you get a chance it really is worth watching it does take about 45 minutes or so. I believe it is suppose to be available for a few days.

LAFFNVEGAS Does Master/Captain Jack ever smile. Can't say I have ever seen him smile! :p
I did catch a slight smile once, but he doesn't generally go around grinning all the time and gives the impression of being a rather sombre fellow.

Of course different people have different personalities; I've seen the full range in cruise ship captains and some are more social than others. Jack van Coevorden is not one of the more social ones which is just fine with me; he does his job well and that's what matters!

I've watched most of the webcast (into the Q&A session) and honestly I'm still not quite clear on some of the physical changes to the ship - for one thing they've still not put up current deck plans. I didn't have the time to watch the whole thing tonight, will go back and watch again tomorrow when I have time.

From a previous press release I'd heard that the new Explorations Centre would be replacing the library, which I think would be unfortunate... I'm still not clear on that. It looks like the Culinary Arts Theatre arrangement is such that the room can revert to its normal configuration as the Wajang Theatre when not in use for cooking demonstrations which is a good thing.

I don't think I much like the decor in the Crows Nest - not very HAL-ish. I wonder if this was done by VFD interiors or someone else? It doesn't look like VFD's work to me.

Anyhow I'm hoping that we'll be able to see some good photos of the enhancements soon (press kit anyone?) - the quick tour given by the cruise director gave a bit of a preview but wasn't that indicative of what the ship actually looks like now.

Otherwise I thought it was quite well done... Obviously as a ship-oriented person I'd have liked to have seen them spend 45 minutes recording the ship's interiors but that wasn't likely to happen ;) .

Archived