New Aqua Class Flyer

BethV114

Not sure if this has been posted already or not, but I found it online this afternoon. It mostly restates info we've already heard before, but does confirm a few facts of interest to me (i.e. upgraded room service menu and toiletries). Anyone care to hazard a guess as to what "unique in-stateroom entertainment" means? I hope it's not just silly fitness/workout videos!:eek:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/celebrity/General_info/Flyers/08012447_SL_AquaClass.pdf

Does anyone really think this will be worth the extra money? Sounds like mostly a gimmick to me.:rolleyes:

I like the probability that we will be in a hallway full of rooms without children. We've heard far too many giggly stampedes on ships.

Schplinky says the most valuable aspect of Aqua Class.

That, and the dinners in a smaller, more intimate dining room. Oh, and the fact that only 130 dinners will be cooked instead of the 1400+. Oh, and the relaxation lounge right down the hall. Oh and...nevermind.....it's all in the brochure. Yup, it's worth it to us. And we are pretty frugal!

Does anyone really think this will be worth the extra money? Sounds like mostly a gimmick to me.:rolleyes:

I actually was surprised they are not charging more for it; it seems like a great deal to me! I have one booked for next year on Equinox.

You probably could have guessed already that I'm excited about giving Celebrity and the Solstice a try. But we're even more excited now that we've decided to upgrade from a regular balcony cabin to an Aqua Class. DH and I are looking forward to dining in Blu, rather than the main dining room, and I personally can't wait to see what the entire Aqua Class experience is going to be like. I'll definitely be making use of the Persian Gardens and Relaxation Room. With all of the excitement of checking out a brand new ship and cabin type, we're glad that this cruise is only making three stops. That extra sea day is sure going to come in handy!:eek::D

I actually was surprised they are not charging more for it; it seems like a great deal to me!

My hunch is that once word gets out about AQ the demand will drive the price up. Right now it's a totally new concept and some people are hesitant to try it before they know what to expect.

So we early adopters get to enjoy the benefit (while it lasts) of the great prices. I may be wrong but I hope we'll be pleasantly surprised. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
If you do not want to eat in Blu can you eat in the main diningroom or is it on space available only? Can you not have a table in Blu for any night and always have a table in the dining room??

If you are not in AquaClass, you will not have a table assigned in the MDR. Blu is your assigned dining room. I will bet that you can always find someone from the MDR that would be willing to switch with you for one night (or more).

Hypo

If you do not want to eat in Blu can you eat in the main diningroom or is it on space available only? Can you not have a table in Blu for any night and always have a table in the dining room??

Hey Albert - take a look at my thread Second Seating waitlisted? Already?? lots on this subject. I cant believe what I found out about this whole thing. (ie you HAVE to eat in Blu, otherwise its a load of hassle with Maitre 'D's, bribes and complications.... enough hassle for me to probably cancel the cruise...

If you want to eat in the main dining room without hassle, you can't book an AQ cabin... ridiculous...

Hey Albert - take a look at my thread Second Seating waitlisted? Already?? lots on this subject. I cant believe what I found out about this whole thing. (ie you HAVE to eat in Blu, otherwise its a load of hassle with Maitre 'D's, bribes and complications.... enough hassle for me to probably cancel the cruise...

If you want to eat in the main dining room without hassle, you can't book an AQ cabin... ridiculous...

You can still eat in the main dining room for breakfast and lunch.

One of the main perks of Aquaclass is the Blu dining venue so I'm not sure it is so ridiculous.

If you want to eat in the main dining room for dinner, it is easy to book a non-Aquaclass cabin.

The main dining room, while large, doesn't have an extra 130-260 seats built in. This would be the number of extra seats required to guarantee that Aquaclass guests could dine in Blu or the main room as their wims dictated.

The reality is that on any given night a number of people will be dining in the specialty restaurants rather than the main room so you can likely get a table there (after the minor inconvenience of letting the maitre'd know what you would like to do).

For me, I look forward to dining in Blu each and every night of my cruise.

Us, too! In fact, dining in Blu each evening is the only way I was able to convince DH that it was worth it for us to upgrade from a regular balcony cabin to an Aqua Class cabin!:D

Us, too! In fact, dining in Blu each evening is the only way I was able to convince DH that it was worth it for us to upgrade from a regular balcony cabin to an Aqua Class cabin!:D

We three! We look forward to a nice, smaller, intimate dining room.

Can't agree more. The dining room is what sold us. Not a fan of eating with 1,000 people. Also the price wasn't too bad so we had to jump on it. This may be the only time we can book the AQ so thought what the heck. Since we usually go CC anyway, this wasn't a big jump.

I can't wait. I'd be happy with a regular balcony but being in AQ will make it that much more special!

enjoy,

Duane

Having exclusive use of the intimate Blu restaurant is one of the highlights of an Aqua class cabin, so I am at a total loss to understand your comment. Perhaps you don't realize that you'll receive much more personal service at the 130-seat Blu than you will in the main dining room (Grand Epernay) that will seat 1,200+ passengers. Based on the sample menus the food served in Blu will also be a cut above the main dining room and - due to the smaller venue - be more made to order. There's a reason why =X= has classed the Blu restaurant as a 'speciality' venue.

My hunch is that once people have experienced Aqua class it will become very popular - just like when they first introduced Concierge class on the M-Class ships. Certainly Aqua Class will not be for everyone but for those who prefer the exclusivity it will be in high demand.

I can't agree more with you - I really hope that the service and food approaches that of =X='s current specialty restaurants. And with no children it will be pleasantly tranquil too. The only problem is being able to resist the temptation to try the other specialty restaurants during our first Solstice cruise in November!

Archived