Princess Cays

dinojude

Where can you rent the beach bungalows. Think you guys have convinced me this morning. Do you go through the princess website or do you book first thing when you get onboard? If so my first trip might be to the excursions desk and not the maitre d` :D

Where can you rent the beach bungalows. Think you guys have convinced me this morning. Do you go through the princess website or do you book first thing when you get onboard? If so my first trip might be to the excursions desk and not the maitre d` :D

They are on the Cruise Personalizer under your booking, excursion bookings section under Princess cays. :)

I was online looking at excursions for the Emerald Princess cruise on 12/20 and there is a note that reserving a bungalow is not refundable. Is that a change? I don't remember seeing it there last year when we were on Emerald at Christmas. We had reserved a bungalow but it was windy cool with some rain - we certainly did not need AC!

I was ready to grab another one but if it's not refundable 4 months out, then I'm hesitant as plans can change.

Maybe this is why bungalows are not being snapped up so quickly.

I was online looking at excursions for the Emerald Princess cruise on 12/20 and there is a note that reserving a bungalow is not refundable. Is that a change? I don't remember seeing it there last year when we were on Emerald at Christmas. We had reserved a bungalow but it was windy cool with some rain - we certainly did not need AC!

I was ready to grab another one but if it's not refundable 4 months out, then I'm hesitant as plans can change.

It is faily new, you can thank the bogarts that book them, tie them up until they are onboard and then cancel at the last minute leaving them empty. :rolleyes:

Wow. I can't book for our vacation on the Emerald in November! What on earth are they doing letting people book for December? :confused: At one point Princess Cays and another port were available, but now I can't book anything!

Wow. I can't book for our vacation on the Emerald in November! What on earth are they doing letting people book for December? :confused: At one point Princess Cays and another port were available, but now I can't book anything!

The CC board is burping today and so is the Princess site. I'm trying to book the Coral for 2009 and it keeps showing 1043 choices. Maybe Sunday is not the ideal day to research travel related items.

Pia

The CC board is burping today and so is the Princess site. I'm trying to book the Coral for 2009 and it keeps showing 1043 choices. Maybe Sunday is not the ideal day to research travel related items.

Pia

At the 120 day mark, two of our ports had excursions bookable, so we booked them - then a few days later, they abruptly disappeared again, and we've not been able to book since! Don't think it's just a Sunday afternoon hitch!

Very much looking forward to Princess Cays, but I'm a first time cruiser. If all that's there is a beach and the ocean, that's fine by me.

They are on the Cruise Personalizer under your booking, excursion bookings section under Princess cays. :)

Just on the site now and i also noticed a "beach cabana" is this a kind of large tent? Any photos would be a help. I still think the beach bungalow is the best option, but i could live without air con and private waiter.

Just on the site now and i also noticed a "beach cabana" is this a kind of large tent? Any photos would be a help. I still think the beach bungalow is the best option, but i could live without air con and private waiter.

You DO NOT want a cabana. It's a clam shell and will get hotter than it really is.

Not sure who these people are, but I found a pic of a cabana on Princess Cays on webshots for you. I agree with Pia, they can get very hot inside as there is little room for air to pass through.

2693282560098229103hyphkv_th.jpg

The blue one (SeaGrape) is the one we stayed at. I think its the perfect location. Set back from almost under the trees, it is the third to the last I believe. It has a large sandy area directly in from of it with some trees if you like shade, or full sun if you like to tan. It is also a straight line down to the steps to the water. Very little foot traffic because it is so far down the beach, and the cabin attendants sit not far away under the trees between drink and meal service so if you need anything they are right there....

I am sailing on the Emerald out of Fort Lauderdale on 10/21 and have reserved a bungalow. Does anyone know if it is possible to reserve a SPECIFIC bungalow? While they all look fantastic, I'd love to have the SeaGrape for the day. Thanks a bunch!

Anybody ever rent a bungalow at Princess Cays? Was it worth it?

We did not do this on our last cruise, but will on our next one. Last cruise, we sailed with a mother & daughter that did rent one & they absolutely loved it. As you can see from the folks here that rented one, they loved it too. At $200, it would be nice to share it with another couple though. Stay away from the cabanas. They do block the sun, but they also block the breeze & are hot.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone know the order of the Bungalows down the beach ??? Or pics showing the colors down the beach ???? How does Princess expect you to chose which one you want if you don't know it's location. Do they tell you the order on the ship ???

We need one close to the restrooms for DH, he is disabled and can't walk real far distances.

Archived