No-burn suncreeen

Can anyone recommend a good face sunscreen that won't burn your eyes when you perspire? The only one I've ever found that's worked for me was Avon Face, but of course they don't carry it anymore.

I tried Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof stuff, and it still made my eyes burn/water.

If you know of one, where is it available?

Thanks.

Thanks cb for your quick response. The Coppertone was specifically for face. Guess my eyes must be hyper-sensitive to the SPF stuff. I can't even wear Olay face moisterizer if it's got the SPF in it. Hopefully someone knows of a sunscreen that will work for me.

The only thing I've found that works on my face at all is Clinique SuperDefense with an SPF of 15. It's a moisturizer, not a sunscreen, so I do put a bit of stronger sunscreen on my nose and my chest.

I also wear a visor that has a terry band so the sweat won't go into my eyes. And the, carry a terry washcloth in case I do start sweating even with the band.

I don't care what sunscreen or moisturizer you wear, none of it will be compatible to your eyes! Prevention is the only way to go.

Can anyone recommend a good face sunscreen that won't burn your eyes when you perspire? The only one I've ever found that's worked for me was Avon Face, but of course they don't carry it anymore.

I tried Coppertone Sport Ultra Sweatproof stuff, and it still made my eyes burn/water.

If you know of one, where is it available?

Thanks.

I need to know the answer to this as well.

My eyes burn so bad when I use sunscreen on my face that I am sometime tempted not to use it at all.

Thanks for the responses. Sangela, the Aveeno, when you say it's the mildest you've found, do you mean with respect to burning your eyes, or with regard to skin sensitivity? The latter isn't a problem for me, but I went again this afternoon and look at several more kinds of face sunscreen, and it appears they're all referring to the need for something for sensitive skin.

I use Dermalogica's tinted sunscreen on my face. You can mix it with your moisturizer. Check out what's available on ebay, because the prices there are MUCH less.

They also have a great one that I use as an alternative, especially on cruises, which is green, and it takes the red out of your skin. Great for cruising, because no matter what I put on, plus hats, etc., I always get a little red from the reflection off the sidewalks or the sea. It goes away the next day, the the green stuff really helps at times like that.

I have extremely fair and sensitive skin, and Dermalogica is the best for me.

No, mildest as in not burning my eyes, :) I don't have sensitive skin, but any other sunscreen burns my eyes terribly and the Aveeno has been the best one I"ve found so far.

Hope that helps!

This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. And now the search begins . . .

Thanks Sangela.

DH & I found something we use by "accident".

We're both very fair, and needed something for our yard and pool one day. First thing I grabbed was the "baby" sunscreen we had bought for our granddaughter.

Now that's all I use on my face. I've used several "baby" brands and found they were all great for my eyes. They are a high SPF, though. Most of the brands come in a small tube. Use the regular everywhere else.

My children and I use Neutrogena sunscreens, even on our faces.

Yes! The newer stuff with helioplex is amazing! I can use it everywhere, no burning in my eyes OR on my body. Seriously, I would have to re-apply every 15 minutes or burn to a crisp before I found this stuff. Now I don't even have to worry, YAY!

My husband (who shaves his head and works outside, and therefore uses a LOT of sunscreen every day) has to have something waterproof/sweatproof (well, now they have to call it "resistant", because it does come off eventually) to keep his eyes from burning. We've had good luck with the Banana Boat Sport and the No-Ad broad spectrum sweat/waterproof versions.

Archived