Scary New Pearl Review

TMLAalum

I know, I know....reviews that blast everything about a ship and cruise need to be taken with a huge grain of salt, but the latest one compares the Pearl to being on a prison ship!

Please, recent Pearl passengers, refute the negativity of this reviewer!

Thanks.

I know, I know....reviews that blast everything about a ship and cruise need to be taken with a huge grain of salt, but the latest one compares the Pearl to being on a prison ship!

Please, recent Pearl passengers, refute the negativity of this reviewer!

Thanks.

Wow! How could it have been that bad? I never believe reviews like that. I couldn't find one other post from that person. Interesting.

I'm not going to bother reading the review - "prison ship" was enough to discredit it for me. We've been on the Pearl twice (last Sept, this May) and we'll gladly cruise on her again.

Instead of reading reviews that cause you even momentary stress read some of the fun posts such as favorite things to do on the Pearl.

Bowling is a blast, be sure to try it and don't be embarrassed to have the bumpers put up. You have to sign up because there are only 4 lanes but they'll give you estimate of how long before your turn so you don't have to sit and wait. We were limited to one game due to # of people wanting to bowl but it gave us LOTS of laughs.

We enjoyed the Alaska ports, Glacier Bay was amazing and the Pearl is bright and fun. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I take most reviews with a grain of salt because I can't imagine a more subjective experience than a vacation. But the chicken little reviews are great for a laugh.

Sometimes I wonder if there isn't a list somewhere of bullet points that negative reviewers need to include in their comments . . . the more outrageous the better. I write this because all negative reviews for all lines are beginning to sound eerily alike. All that was missing from this review were comments about the smell of urine in the hallways and the lack of trays in the buffet. Although I must say, the prison ship comparison was a new one. :rolleyes:

I always thought a prison cook would be pretty good. He doesn't have a lot else to do with his time! :D

Just had an interview last week to work in a prison dental office and got to have lunch in the staff cafeteria. It was prepared and served by inmates and it wasn't to bad. A lot higher then school cafeteria food and a tad bit lower then what we had in the navy, but the food is free for the staff so I'm not going to complain if I get the job.

Kids are getting ready for school again so they're practicing there creative writing on here.

It's amazing how some people can take something good and make something awful out of it with just their attitude. If you read the Pearl reviews just below that one during the same month, they are favorable...I wonder if it was the reviewers attitude or expectation.

This one will be easy to pick apart.

Tried to find my way to the cabin, but all cabin access seemed to be locked down.

Let's see... they tell you the cabins are being cleaned and are ready at 2:00 pm. Any seasoned cruiser would expect this. You said they were ready at 3:30? Nope, that's the exact time of the muster drill, so this proves you are lying.

Went to outdoor hamburger grill on upper deck. Waited in line and they ran out of food.

It is impossible to run out of food on a cruise ship. You can do better than that!

Mini Suite Cabin on the deck 11 was a big disappointment. Room was extremely dirty, dust, couch was a wooden board with a cover, balcony was small and glass had not been cleaned in years. I sprayed every surface with Lysol as I heard the Pearl had multiple outbreaks of Norovirus on the past few sailings.

We were on the Pearl last week and had a mini suite on deck 11. It was gorgeous. The couch was comfy, and the glass doors were clean.

We got up and walked out of the restaurant which I understand a lot of other customers did as well.

Walking out of the restaurant is the customary thing to do after you finish your meal, LOL.

I went down to the front desk and asked to have an appointment with the hotel director.

The hotel director is very accessible. He actually gave us his business card and cell phone number, and said to call him directly if there was a problem. So what did he tell the reviewer? Nothing, I'm sure, since the reviewer is making this all up.

Norovirus outbreak on this cruise as well. I was amazed by the lack of cleanliness of this cruise ship.

I have not been on a cruise with so much sanitation. All the dispensers were always full, staff would spray your hands with disinfectant when you enter a food service area, and the whole place was very, very clean. This person who cleans their own cabin with Lysol probably is a germophobe who can't be in any public space. Why would someone like this want to cruise?

I know - the person is just making this stuff up to get attention. I hope they are getting their kicks now!

I seem to recall reading two different reviews of the July 8 cruise by sixsticks and cruisenomore which to me, sounded as if they were written, not only by the same person who just happens to be an imbecile. this latest tirade, sounds very much to me that it is just the same individual using yet another name

There are certain things stated that make me think this person was never actually on the Pearl. :D

According to DD, no Norovirus since early summer..

I'm with you also, Joe - sounds suspiciously similar to the reviews you mentioned. Somebody needs a new hobby.

How come these super negative review are always from people who stayed in these great rooms? How come these phoneys never choose an inside cabin or at least an oceanview room to make up a story about? So suspicious. Thanks for taking the time to dissect this review.

I seem to recall reading two different reviews of the July 8 cruise by sixsticks and cruisenomore which to me, sounded as if they were written, not only by the same person who just happens to be an imbecile. this latest tirade, sounds very much to me that it is just the same individual using yet another name

Those two reviewers were related and traveled together with a group of about 14 relatives.....misery loves company.

I just went back and read landrover's review...well actually it was just a rant.

I wouldn't take much truth out of it. Makes one wonder if they are the kind of people that go to the front desk and ask for the auto tipping to be removed from their account.

My gosh I can't even imagine any area on a ship running out of food. On my Dawn cruise we brought friends of ours with us...HE loves to eat...all day!! We ate lunch in Venetian (came out of there stuffed), passed the buffet to go out to the pool deck and our friend stopped there too. Then he found the Bimini Grill while we were walking to the front of the ship for sail away...and he made a plate there too!!! When he finally caught back up to us and asked what he had missed....the joke right back to him was....well certainly not any of the food!!! He kept a daily stock in the fridge in his cabin too.

Don't go by rants and consider them to be "reviews". He could have said something about the ports in his "review", as I am sure the ports were at least enjoyed.

It is too bad that the first bad experiences for some cruisers set the tone for their entire cruise. Although I find it had to imagine that any of this posters complaints about the Pearl are very valid.

I have sailed on the Pearl twice and we are booked again for April.

I just went back and read landrover's review...well actually it was just a rant.

I wouldn't take much truth out of it. Makes one wonder if they are the kind of people that go to the front desk and ask for the auto tipping to be removed from their account.

My gosh I can't even imagine any area on a ship running out of food. On my Dawn cruise we brought friends of ours with us...HE loves to eat...all day!! We ate lunch in Venetian (came out of there stuffed), passed the buffet to go out to the pool deck and our friend stopped there too. Then he found the Bimini Grill while we were walking to the front of the ship for sail away...and he made a plate there too!!! When he finally caught back up to us and asked what he had missed....the joke right back to him was....well certainly not any of the food!!! He kept a daily stock in the fridge in his cabin too.

Don't go by rants and consider them to be "reviews". He could have said something about the ports in his "review", as I am sure the ports were at least enjoyed.

It seems funny how this person kept referring prison ship and cook. Makes me wonder if they just got out of one and just has a negative attitude. I don't think the buffet would run out of food either, it was probably just closing because of the muster drill, I remember they closed all the food and beverage venues 30 minutes before the drill. As for complaining to the front desk, (s)he was probably trying to get a free meal from Cagneys or OBC so had to come up with some type of complaint.

Archived