first and foremost on boad

janotay

I only found it open for the first time back in May. I am hoping they are now doing this fleet wide as they had announced this earlier this year that the dining room would be open.

Which ship were you on and what diningroom was open? Was it the one in the back or one of the ones in the middle?

Thanks

isn't it funny how we always seem to do the same thing in almost the same order on every trip.

1..Find our cabin

2..Remind ourselves how lucky we are to be on a ship

3..Drop off our carryons

4..Check out the room & balcony

5..Go look for food as we want to get a jump start on the calorie binge

6..wander the ship

7..Pinch ourselves to see if we are really back on the ship

8..find where our dining room is located (yes it is all about food)

9..go back to our cabin to see if luggage has arrived

10.Lay out on balcony and fall a sleep just in time to hear the alarm for the

life boat drill

11. Look at each other and say yippee we are on our way!

1. Find cabin, drop bags, put valuables in safe.
  2. Yep, I clean the most-used items, too (TV remote, light switches, telephone, doorknobs).
  3. Go to Gym/Spa immediately and sign up for Yoga/spinning classes (these small classes often fill up very fast, so I try to get onboard early and avoid the dreaded waitlist).
  4. See the Maitre D if I have anytime dining and request traditional seating instead (next cruise I have it already, yay!)
  5. Explore the ship, window-shop, go up on deck and enjoy the port views, live music, meet up with CC friends for sailaway!
  6. (Sometimes I change into swimsuit/coverup in carryon and relax by the pool...)
  7. Enjoy the sailaway seafood buffet on CB & Crown (any others??)
  8. Meet Cabin Steward, request ice and pool towels (if they offer that)
  9. Unpack after Muster Drill and before dinner, so I can relax and enjoy the rest of the cruise
  10. Try to do EVERYTHING and NOTHING for the rest of the trip!!:D

Ha! Just posting this makes me excited for my cruise in October!

First, dump bags and unpack.

Grab digital camera.

Take pictures of EVERYTHING!

Eat.

POOL!

I'm usually one of the first people in my swimsuit...I'll often notice people's incredulous expressions that suggest: "We haven't found our cabin, yet, and she's already in the pool?!"

1. Drop the carryons in room & put valuables in the safe.

2. Go to eat in the buffet (never crowded since we board early).

3. Check out our table in the traditional dining room.

4. Check out the ship.

5. Unpack (hopefully before the muster)

6. Get ready for the sailaway and the rest of the cruise.

I only found it open for the first time back in May. I am hoping they are now doing this fleet wide as they had announced this earlier this year that the dining room would be open.
I'm too excited when we get on the ship to eat lunch in the dining room, but we do eat alot of lunches there the rest of the cruise.

As our car service pulls up to the port, I cry with excitement. We board ship and I cry again with excitement. Go to room, drop bags, check out balcony with some bubbly. Eat in the dinning room or horizon. Grab a drink and go sit on deck for sailway. As we the horn blows, I call family to say goodbye and cry again with excitement and some sadness that they are not there too. Then it's off to muster, then explore ship, have more drinks. Back to room to unpack, go to dinner, explore some more and off to bed smiling with ac on and balcony door cracked open to hear the seas. AHHHH I love cruising.

Drop the bags off and explore.......:D

Bob

Future: Diamond Princess Aus/Nz 01/09

Future: Emerald Princess Med/Trans Atlantic 10/08

Constellation British Isles/Norway 07/06

Summit Alaska Repositioning 05/05

Summit Panama Canal 10/02

Rhapsody Of The Seas Alaska 09/01

Spledour Of The Seas Baltic 09/99

Veendam Eastern Caribbean 07/96

Holiday Western Carribean 07/93

1. Stepping onto the Ship - I make a wide sweep with my eyes. -See the waiter with the tray of drinks -- Grab one.

2. Go find room - Don't care if Luggage is their or not.

3. Check out room and balcony. Grab my DH and jump up and down. Laughing and letting the excitment of the moment get to me.

4. Grab camera and by the time I just get to the elevator -I have takin 30 pictures.

4. Go to Lido deck -taking 100 more pictures - Maybe grab a bite to eat.

5. Go find the shops and see when they open.

6. Stop by customer service desk and get a couple more patters. Take 50 more pictures.

7. Go back to room and realize, I left my DH there. (He just was taking too long in the restroom)

I can't wait till my next cruise so I can go order that drink I can't remember the name of...it is so goooood...lots of muddled limes...tart and refreshing...I think it's called a Braziliana or something like that....mmmmmm

I can't wait till my next cruise so I can go order that drink I can't remember the name of...it is so goooood...lots of muddled limes...tart and refreshing...I think it's called a Braziliana or something like that....mmmmmm

The drink you are referring to is called a Caipirinia (sp?) and it is a Brazilian drink. The way you describe it I can almost taste it - delicious and refreshing! Will definitely have one on our next cruise:D:D

Anne

no not a caipirinha, although those are great too...kind of like that though...it has the sugar and limes and cachaca but I think they add passion fruit nectar

just a side note...I am sure that is is some version of a caipirinha...I had them on the last cruise I was on in Jan/Feb.08 we did a b2b so we were on the grand princess western caribbean and then spent a night in ft. lauderdale and got on the caribbean princess for the eastern route...ahhh good times:)

yes, Brazilinia, that is first drink I will be getting on my next one!... it was a version of the caipirinha with passion fruit, just as you said.

One of those and I was hooked on them for the rest of the cruise.

yes, Brazilinia, that is first drink I will be getting on my next one!... it was a version of the caipirinha with passion fruit, just as you said.

One of those and I was hooked on them for the rest of the cruise.

Wow, I am so glad someone else out there has actually had one, I was beginning to think I imagined the whole thing...they are awesome...thanks, Kat:D

Archived