first and foremost on boad

janotay

1. Unpack the carryon

2. Check outside in the hall for the luggage -- nope, not here yet.

3. Eat!

4. Go back to cabin to check for luggage -- nope, not here yet.

5. Tour the ship from top to bottom taking photos of the public rooms before they're full of people.

6. Go back to cabin to check for luggage -- okay, all the neighbours have theirs, where's my bloody bag?!

7. Buy a coffee card because I've forgotten to bring my unfinished one from the previous cruise and I need my afternoon mocha to sustain me during the muster drill.

8. Go back to cabin to check for luggage -- Grrrrr.

9. Muster drill.

10. Go back to cabin to .... Ah, finally, there it is!!!

dump the bags, check out the room and eat!

Ditto!:D

It's always so wonderful and pleasing to be back on board! The rituals of dumping the carry-on bags, checking out the room and eating in the Horizon never get old. Then...after we eat...we explore the ship. For our last cruise on the Diamond, over the Christmas holiday, we enjoyed listing to the carolers who were singing in the lobby atrium. If I could keep time in a bottle, the embarkation day rituals would be one of those times.

1. Unpack the carryon

2. Check outside in the hall for the luggage -- nope, not here yet.

3. Eat!

4. Go back to cabin to check for luggage -- nope, not here yet.

5. Tour the ship from top to bottom taking photos of the public rooms before they're full of people.

6. Go back to cabin to check for luggage -- okay, all the neighbours have theirs, where's my bloody bag?!

7. Buy a coffee card because I've forgotten to bring my unfinished one from the previous cruise and I need my afternoon mocha to sustain me during the muster drill.

8. Go back to cabin to check for luggage -- Grrrrr.

9. Muster drill.

10. Go back to cabin to .... Ah, finally, there it is!!!

hahahahahaha:D :D

(i love your posts!)

We usually stop, get DH a soda card and then head to the room. Then we have lunch. Last May was a treat on the CB as the dining room was open. Less hectic than the buffet the first day. We hope to find the dining room open again on our upcoming cruise on the Emerald. We then explore the ship, make reservations at any specialty restaurants and keep checking off and on for our luggage. We like to get things unpacked and settled so we can just enjoy our vacation.

1. Jump up and down while giggling like a schoolgirl.

2. Go to the stateroom.

3. Jump up and down some more.

4. Wander all over the ship.

5. Eat.

6. Muster drill.

7. Stand on deck and watch the poor saps on land fade into the distance.

8. Jump up and down a little more (I'm getting tired!) and have some dinner.

• First thing we do is throw our wallets and valuables into the room safe and program it with ... oh darn, what was that code I just entered?...
  • Spend the next 15 minutes looking for my cruise card. Lezzee, I had it in my pocket, then took everything out of my pocket and put it in the safe and then programmed it with ... oh darn. "Honey, do you still have your card?"
  • Change into shorts and aloha shirt ... I thought I put them in my carry-on... and my tennis shoes are in... the luggage that isn't here. Decide whether I want to look like a dork, or whether I really care. I'm on vacation. :D
  • Go on deck and get a drink.
  • Find something to eat, NOW !!! With the time zone changes it is about 3:30PM body time, and that snack on the airplane is long gone.
  • Watch people being lost.
  • Wander about the ship and see those places we'll never visit again, like the sport court...
  • Return to cabin, fall asleep, miss muster...
  • Wake for sailaway !!! On deck and another liquid refreshment !

All this is getting me excited.

First thing my husband and I do is fight over the Patter in the cabin.

Then, drink our champagne before he yells that we better go eat before the Horizon Court closes.

Next, I have to scope out the shortest route to the Internet Cafe, as I know I'll be going there often.

Can't wait...........:D

My routine used to be check out the cabin, go to the buffet and then come back and wait for the luggage.

Now, I go to the room and get on the dine line till I make a reservation for the chef's table and then go to the dining room for lunch. Souffle for dessert mmmmmmmm:D

Dump bag on bed

Rush out on to balcony grin

Rrush back into cabin hug husband

Rush back onto balcony have a weep saying how lucky we are to do this every year – As long as I feel like that I’ll keep cruising

Film port while hubby puts stuff in safe

Say hello to cabin steward

Have lunch

Rush around ship with camera

Do muster

Rush up on deck for sail away

Sit quietly have a G&T and usually have other weep cause we are so lucky (glad I’ve got sun glasses on)

Unpack if you’re lucky enough to have any arrive by now

Go to dinner and meet new friends

Collapse with exhaustion from rushing, weeping and talking excitedly

For the next 10 or 14 days never stop grinning not smiling a grin a big Cheshire cat grin

Oh roll on Feb 2009

We usually do an 'exotic' cruise (i.e. not in the U.S.) and take time on the embarkation day to do a tour of the city through the cruiseline. Not only do we get to find out more about the city, but by the time we get to the port, most of the crowds have thinned. We go to our cabin, usually the luggage is already there (only once in the last four cruises did we have to wait until after muster), unpack and then check out the ship until it's time for the muster drill.

1. Check out stateroom, dump carry-on bags.

2. Have lunch in dining room.

3. Get off ship and go to local store for fresh flowers and a couple of bottles of wine.

4. Return to ship and check to see if luggage has arrived.

5. Do self-guided tour of ship.

6. Stop in buffet for ice cream.

7. Return to stateroom to see if luggage is there. Pick up camera.

8. Head up to open deck for sailaway (or for upcoming cruise, to see the Blue Angels).

9. Muster drill.

10. Back to stateroom to check on luggage.

11. Unpack

12. Dinner

13. Continue self-guided tour of ship - actually, we do that almost every sea day. We keep looking for pleasant, quiet spots.

14. See a show.

15. Go to bed.

Sequence will vary. And there are so many alternatives, no list could ever be complete.

The first thing I do is call the room service line and book my UBD!!!! That is the thing I most look forward to and want to make sure I get the day/time I want. Then its off to the dining room/specialty restaurants for more reservations.... Wow, I'm a planner I guess :)

We usually do an 'exotic' cruise (i.e. not in the U.S.) and take time on the embarkation day to do a tour of the city... ...by the time we get to the port, most of the crowds have thinned. We go to our cabin, usually the luggage is already there.... .

Then we do as others suggest, check out the cabin, run back & forth to the veranda, check out the ship, do the "Drill", eat dinner, meet new friends then CRASH until the next day when we start getting into the fun of another cruise. AHHHHH:rolleyes:

Just stand there in awe (every time):)

Find tables for Sterling/Crown Grille and make ressies

Find Coke Card table and get ours

Find Room and dump carryon

Put wine (white) in ice-bucket leave red out

Set up the area with corkscrew, glasses, etc.

Put personals in bathroom

Check thermostat to make sure it is on meatlocker setting:D

Talk to Cabin Steward/ess and ask for a few items we feel necessary

and check to make sure bathrobes are there. A little gratuity goes a long way.

Put passports,. money, etc in safe and set code (always the same)

Go out on balcony a gawk:cool:

Head for dining room for lunch

DH goes to Purser and gets holes punched in cruise cards for lanyards

Go back to room and unpack and put luggage under the bed

Enjoy a glass of wine on balcony with some cheese and crackers

Go to Meet and Greet:)

Muster when called.

Go back to room, get ready for dinner (more wine on balcony), meet with fellow cruismates at dining room, have dinner then kick back and enjoy:)

Archived